**NEW** Nitecore EA4 Pioneer (4*AA, 860lm)

markr6

Flashaholic
For sale now! $67.99! Am I allowed to post links? (too many different forums/rules to keep track of)Edit: I may wait for reviews....decisions, decisions

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
It's done...now the waiting!! Sorry ZL Q50, you snooze you lose.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
It doesn't say anything about the potential use of 2AA in an emergency as I find that to be a very useful feature.

While i have no idea if it can or not, i doubt it can while maintaining those 860 lumens. The TK41, whic has a max of also 860 lumens, from what i understand, can run on 4AA (half of the 8AA required) in an emergency. This nitecore EA4 is already running just 4AA. Hard to think that it can get 860 lumens off of just 2AA. Maybe it can still run with 2AA, but not with the the turbo mode of 860? Anyone with more technical & electrical knowledge can chime in on my guess?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Maybe it can still run with 2AA, but not with the the turbo mode of 860? Anyone with more technical & electrical knowledge can chime in on my guess?

Looking at the various pictures of the tailcap contacts and body, I don't know how it would work on two batteries. It appears to be a distinctly different electrical arrangement from the TM11 & TM15. My guess it that it would need a full compliment of cells to run.

Looks like it's shipping in 1-2 weeks!

markr6

Flashaholic
Just ordered one from a vendor, used CPF2012 coupon code, total came to $66.39 after discount. Says I should get it Dec 3, not sure though b/c it says ships within 1-2wks. Either way, WOOHOO!
Sounds good, mine said the same thing. I can wait that long...just barely!!I agree with everyone that 65 lumens is still a lot on low, but I didn't buy this bulky massive thing for sneaking around in the dark, that's what my H51, H502, LD12, LD22, Photon II, etc etc etc is for!

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Interesting that the Micro(?) setting is 65 lumens! :shrug:

I agree, but I normally carry my Streamlight Stylus Pro w/ me anyways for the small stuff, so 65 lumens will do. (I'm more intrested in the 800+ :naughty: )

EDIT: Eh, just got an e-mail from the vendor, says they're on backorder. Expected in stock on Dec 5. Guess I can wait...

Last edited:

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I'm waiting with bated breath for the reviews & pics on this one. Hope those of you have already ordered would be kind enough to post feedback & maybe even beamshots once you get your EA4.

Tybo22

Newly Enlightened
Don't have a aa light yet. This may be my first. I was curious if any knew what the output would be on alkaline batteries. Good to know in case of power failures. Im guessing it would be significantly lower lumens as well as run times. Any help or guesses would be appreciated.

awyeah

Enlightened
Don't have a aa light yet. This may be my first. I was curious if any knew what the output would be on alkaline batteries. Good to know in case of power failures. Im guessing it would be significantly lower lumens as well as run times. Any help or guesses would be appreciated.

For emergencies, I keep a few packs of ultimate lithiums around. They last longer than alkaline, can handle a higher load, and don't leak (at least, I have never heard of them leaking).

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I've been waiting for this light for a LONG time! :sick2:

I just put in an order for three of these bad boys. :eek:oo: Two of them will make excellent Christmas gifts (and so will the third; to MYSELF!!! :D).

The dealer mentioned above said they expect their order of 100 units late next week. As of my order, there are about 40 left for pre-order. Get them while you can! :cool:

Jerrycobra

Newly Enlightened
pretty tempting light, i just dunno if alkaline can keep up with the power demand to create the output, but i am sure lithium can do the job. Its crazy how in just one year or so my bc40 is out powered by a little light powered by regular old AA batteries, and only 4 of them too

stp

Newly Enlightened
pretty tempting light, i just dunno if alkaline can keep up with the power demand to create the output, but i am sure lithium can do the job. Its crazy how in just one year or so my bc40 is out powered by a little light powered by regular old AA batteries, and only 4 of them too

Why waste money and risk damage to the light using alkalines? Or spend quite a lot on lithiums when there is perfect power source - LSD NiMhs...

Tybo22

Newly Enlightened
For emergencies, I keep a few packs of ultimate lithiums around. They last longer than alkaline, can handle a higher load, and don't leak (at least, I have never heard of them leaking).

Thanks for your suggestion. I thought I read there was a safety concern with lithium primaries...is that still the case???