**NEW** Nitecore EA4 Pioneer (4*AA, 860lm)

awyeah

Enlightened
Thanks for your suggestion. I thought I read there was a safety concern with lithium primaries...is that still the case???

You're thinking of CR123A lithium primaries. Those are a different chemistry.

Obviously there is risk with any battery, but - and please check me on this - I think AA and AAA-sized lithiums are fine.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
You're thinking of CR123A lithium primaries. Those are a different chemistry.

Obviously there is risk with any battery, but - and please check me on this - I think AA and AAA-sized lithiums are fine.

Cr123 lithium primaries are fine as well, as long *** you buy quality batteries all this battery fear is way exaggerated

Last edited:

pblanch

Enlightened
I would still exercise a little caution with any battery. I would never buy a pack of 20 lithium batteries for $5 off ebay. Chances are they are not going to be legit.

Interhead

Newly Enlightened
One Nitecore EA4 Pioneer Compact LED Search Flashlight - 860 Lumens
Comming in the mail soon.:twothumbs
Is there any tests yet...

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Well... I had been planning on waiting on some reviews and pictures of the EA4 before pulling the trigger, but.... but.... I caved. I scored one for $56 and now it's all about the waiting game. :naughty:

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
First off, no i have not received mines yet, but i did find some pictures that i haven't seen yet and thought you guys would like to see. Reflector doesn't look that deep.... hmmm... i wonder if the specs for throw were a little ambitious? We'll see when we all receive it. Sheath is nothing to rave about.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/866/nitecoreea41.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1793/nitecoreea42.jpg

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I also wonder how a light this small will be throwing that far. Anyway, I ordered mine from an EBay seller and be shipped it in a day. I hope to be able to get it in my hands in two weeks time.

Oh and one more thing, Fenix's TK22 throws up to around 230m. Still I don't believe the written specs but would like to see a comparison between Nitecore EA4, MH25 and Fenix TK22 through outdoor shots.

Last edited:

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I also wonder how a light this small will be throwing that far. Anyway, I ordered mine from an EBay seller and be shipped it in a day. I hope to be able to get it in my hands in two weeks time.

Oh and one more thing, Fenix's TK22 throws up to around 230m. Still I don't believe the written specs but would like to see a comparison between Nitecore EA4, MH25 and Fenix TK22 through outdoor shots.

let us know how it is when you get it!

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the new pics II, I'm still anxiously awaiting its arrival...

Mark, I'm in the same boat, ordered mine a day after you did.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light would have been of real interest to me if they had used a U3...run at around 1000 lumen, had it run off 4 X 14500 and had a built in charging system. Mini Tiny Monster. Still interesting, but...

Patriot

Flashaholic
First off, no i have not received mines yet, but i did find some pictures that i haven't seen yet and thought you guys would like to see. Reflector doesn't look that deep.... hmmm... i wonder if the specs for throw were a little ambitious?

I don't think the reflector depth can be determined with any precision from that type of short depth of field picture. Looking at the length of the head and its ratio as compared to the body, it certainly doesn't look shallow! The video above again seems to show a fairly deep reflector. Nitecore doesn't have a history of exaggerating output or throw figures, so we should be in good shape.

I'm waiting on one from Battery Junction.