New Smallest 3W Raw Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just measure your Jil DD and compare it to the Orb RAW measurements on this thread.

Grumpy

Enlightened
Just sent paypal for flashlight,charger and battery.
Also for extra battery, green tritium and shipping. Please let me know that you received my order and payment. If not correct just PM me and I'll fix. Thanks
Also when are these planned to ship?

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Grumpy said:
Just sent paypal for flashlight,charger and battery.
Also for extra battery, green tritium and shipping. Please let me know that you received my order and payment. If not correct just PM me and I'll fix. Thanks
Also when are these planned to ship?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
orb said:

Delivery of your Raw is Early May 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, from the first post.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see Raw side by side with Jil. Does anybody have the exact dimensions? I will then make a blank Jil size & put it next to Raw For a photo opportunity.
Raw dimensions: 48mm (1.89 inches)Long 20mm (0.79 Inches)Dia .

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
Your wish is my command

jil-raw.jpg

Jill-CR2 Rev 20mm(D) × 50.5mm(L)
Jill-CR2 1.3W 20mm(D) × 60mm(L)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Ctechlite said:
Aw, I don't want to cause the machine shop stress, just mill the slots please.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly. Folks, we can all have our Raws sooner if we do not interrupt the machine shop's orderly preprogrammed progress. I have learned that with CNC setups, you can't just go in and stop one particular operation sequence on a certain numnber of lights. Plus SolarFlare's blood pressure would be lower too, if all the Raws were made the same way...just my 2¢, or is it "two pence" in the UK? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

easilyled

Flashaholic
Wouldn't not milling the light be less work rather than more?

Would it not be a case of producing all the bodies unmilled
first, then taking out the ones to remain unmilled and milling the rest.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I am speaking from a position of complete ignorance and just asking the question
in order to be better informed over whether requesting my light to be unmilled is going to cause extra work.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Luminarias been in my workshop & stolen My Raw!
No Nice work Lumi, & thank you for the Jils dimensions.
Glad to see that the Raw is 2mm Shorter & you get Charger Battery & Tritum for about the same price. Oh & the Best Reflector known to man & not forgetting highest flux U Bin.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Slot Milling: The Raw is being Machined on a 3 axais Cnc. Meaning that the turning & milling are all done on one M/c.
We can leave the Slot out for say 30 Raws, but of course we have to tell the cnc guy to alter his program or remove the slot drill for the last 30. Me not being there means they could forget & the less there is to ask people the less hassle all round. It's no big deal so decide for yourselfs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Have to agree with marketing managers SolarFlare & Mr Bulk (Please See the funny Side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) You are bound to get more for a Raw with Trtium or at least the slot to add Tritium if you Sell it on.

Geologist

Enlightened
What was that song from the 80's (I think from a band called Yellow) ?

Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah
The moon... beautiful
The RAW... even more beautiful
Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah
Beautiful
Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah...
Good time

SolarFlare

Enlightened
I think in a moment of inspired artistic genius the artist "yellow" named that track "oh yeah" IIRC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SolarFlare

Enlightened
goldserve I think you're about right just add the £6 shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scudinc

Enlightened
Okay, sorry for the flip-flopping (I was a Kerry supporter, after all), but I've decided that I do want the tritium. Please disregard any more changes from me from this point on. <font color="white">The band's name is spelled "Yello".</font>

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
I want mines milled.

I already ordered two tritium vials in the Group Buy, although I am beginning to be a little worried about the shipping, it has passed one month from when I paid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

fleshlite

Banned
If there is going to be less of a hassle to get all the bodies all milled without having the shop stop operation and custom others leave mine slotted. This is if everyone agrees to this but if there are going to be others that still want theirs unmilled, me too then.
Did I confuse anyone??
tks.

Status
Not open for further replies.