New UHi LEDs

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
Sorry if this is a repost about UHi's….but I currently use Fenix Lr50r as my big boy…v6 cataplut & mh23 as my smaller lights is there any point in upgrading to newer lights with the UHi's….will there be much difference in out put throw flood etc or am I better off waiting a few more years till things get really bright….I was considering selling all 3 and just get 1 good all rounder tbh…like the size of my v6 with a new UHi led in it

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm stoked

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a Nitecore MH12Pro with the new LED. The LED itself is pretty small. The copper mount/base is huge. Definitely not the same LED that's used in the Javelot Mini, though could be the same family of LED's, as they look similar.

Output is a perfect inner circular hotspot and perfectly round spill. Heat buildup is very high on "Turbo" mode.

Will be interesting to see these LED's progress...

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a Nitecore MH12Pro with the new LED. The LED itself is pretty small. The copper mount/base is huge. Definitely not the same LED that's used in the Javelot Mini, though could be the same family of LED's, as they look similar.

Output is a perfect inner circular hotspot and perfectly round spill. Heat buildup is very high on "Turbo" mode.

Will be interesting to see these LED's progress...
Yeah, just this week someone posted this link in a post seeking recommendations for a light, as one of several they were considering. I'm not that good w/ math, but 63,500 CD seems like a pretty big number to me if accurate.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
We shall see....not dark, yet, on the West Coast. the reflector is very shallow, though.
Shoot man, you might be able to light up the Santa Cruz mtns w/that thing from your side of the pond!
Your observations should be interesting......

scott011422

Newly Enlightened
I also use a MH23 as my daily in a custom belt holster. I've been on the lookout for a new EDC since the MH23 has been around for awhile. I'm on my 3rd or 4th as it is and this one is on its last legs.

I just recieved a MH12 Pro yesterday with high hopes. The fit and feel in my hands are fantastic and the light itself looks great. That new led though, Not a fan. Not only does the light get quite hot, but in any other mode but turbo, The led tint is shades of yellow to green. My MH23 is CW through the whole range! Not to mention the MH12 Pro has a very tight hot spot. Makes the MH23 look like a flood light. Still debating.............

On the other hand, Almost anything else in this size range is multi-emitter and am not the biggest fan. I was an early adopter to one of the homegrown titanium EDC torches with 4 emitters a while back (Don't remember which one, possibly the FW3T?) and it just didn't do the job. Way to bright up close and not enough punch to push through dirty windows or distances.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also use a MH23 as my daily in a custom belt holster. I've been on the lookout for a new EDC since the MH23 has been around for awhile. I'm on my 3rd or 4th as it is and this one is on its last legs.

I just recieved a MH12 Pro yesterday with high hopes. The fit and feel in my hands are fantastic and the light itself looks great. That new led though, Not a fan. Not only does the light get quite hot, but in any other mode but turbo, The led tint is shades of yellow to green. My MH23 is CW through the whole range! Not to mention the MH12 Pro has a very tight hot spot. Makes the MH23 look like a flood light. Still debating.............

On the other hand, Almost anything else in this size range is multi-emitter and am not the biggest fan. I was an early adopter to one of the homegrown titanium EDC torches with 4 emitters a while back (Don't remember which one, possibly the FW3T?) and it just didn't do the job. Way to bright up close and not enough punch to push through dirty windows or distances.

Any suggestions?
If you're looking for a duty stile light with some throw, Weltool has one. T19 (the Rash)
5000k high cri, 2050 lumens and 359 yard throw.
It's going to be my next light :)