new ZebraLight H30 UI etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daekar

Enlightened
No rush, no pressure, no compromise in Zebralight quality.
+1 on that. The first Zebralight was good because it wasn't rushed. I would hate to think that subsequent models will be inferior because they felt they needed to push to get it out to satisfy a few impatient CPFers. I love my H50 and look forward to the 18650 version - and if there are buttons with a good UI and small size, then all the better. Perhaps in the future after the next models are bought out they'll offer an H50 version which has the button UI and two beams available (two different models, not two emitters on one light), the wide like it is now, and a tighter one.

fa__

Newly Enlightened
You speak about 18650, but H30 will run on 1 rcr123 no?

PS: I love my H50

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like UI #2.

As someone already posted the lanyard ring should not protrude. A small hole, or better yet, a recessed curve that retains its center like on some digital cameras is a very nice out-of-the-way lanyard attachment. Another idea it to copy the mini maglite tailcap.

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a nice light whatever the UI you decide on. I just became aware of this and the H50 and am quite impressed. They look like great lights. I especially like the very low "low" setting and the ability to use it as more than just a headlamp. My little ROV headlamp is working well for now, but I quite like the ability to use it like an anglehead light as well as a headlamp and the anti glare attachment as well.

What would put me over the edge is a book-light attachment. What I am thinking is a simple articulating plastic or metal piece which functions much like these dedicated book lights:
and into which the silicon headlamp attachment from both the h50 and h30 could be attached.

I frequently read outside in poor light in places where it would be awkward to wear a headlamp and I use book lamp #1 for that purpose. It seems to me that the H50 could do the same thing in a smaller package with more uses and better battery life. Further, this type of attachment would mean that the primary cost of a booklamp (the light itself) could be separated from the most damage-prone part (the articulation and page clip).

Any chance of making something like that??
thanks
-Pete

Phaetos

Enlightened
What's the word on this light? It's December and no updates on their website.

DM51

Flashaholic
I think there has been so much input from CPFers, and so many different conflicting suggestions, that Zebralight is still trying to decide what UI to put on it.

Lol, about the only feature I have not heard suggested so far is a built-in MP3 player.

Phaetos

Enlightened
I think there has been so much input from CPFers, and so many different conflicting suggestions, that Zebralight is still trying to decide what UI to put on it.

Lol, about the only feature I have not heard suggested so far is a built-in MP3 player.

Shhhhhhh !!!! :sssh: Don't give them anymore ideas.

B

briantse

HI i am the one who buy 200 Q5 H50 in hongkong:p
i just think that low, mid, High is enough, as it is a hand free flashlight/headlamp. i dont think someone need to use the function of sos and flashing.
and those who need sos and flashing function most have another flashlight for long distance flow.

however if some different angle lens can plug to the Zebra light, it will be prefect.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my H50s and so far am pretty happy with them. For a narrower beam why not just have a sleeve, like the current glare guard, with a tiny lens in it? I've used an acrylic ball practically right on top of an LED to get a spot type beam out of it and the slip on option would be an easy one to implement. You could even retro your old H50s.

User interface a simple 3 level works for me though a memory of last setting would be handy.

Just my 2 yen.

-LT

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any update on the H30. Originally it was going to be released in December so I do not believe that will happen. But any updates on either new release or what has been going on with the light?

ZebraLight

Enlightened
Any update on the H30. Originally it was going to be released in December so I do not believe that will happen. But any updates on either new release or what has been going on with the light?

The H30 will be released next month. User interface #4 (digital 3 level ramping) on the list is selected, that is:

press and hold ------cycle through low, med and high, release to set
when ON, click to OFF
when ON, press and hold ---cycle through low, med and high, release to set

The clip will be different from the CAD rendering (not sticking out).

nuggett

Enlightened
Excellent. Very nice interface. The H50 Q5 is the most useful light I own, I'm in for a H30.
I hope it will be rcr compatable and you are going witht the 75 degree beam

Last edited:

Toxic518

Newly Enlightened
Excellent. Very nice interface. The H50 Q5 is the most useful light I own, I'm in for a H30.
I hope it will be rcr compatable and you are going witht the 75 degree beam

I'm also hoping for RCR compatability. If it is, I will buy one for sure. I use my H50 Q5 everyday and just gave one to my father for X-mas a few days ago. It immediately went into his pocket as an EDC light.

fasuto

Enlightened
Zebralight, do you plan to release a white/red headlamp? When?
I believe I read about it somewhere

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
:party:
ZebraLight said:
"The H30 will be released next month. User interface #4 (digital 3 level ramping) on the list is selected, that is:

press and hold ------cycle through low, med and high, release to set
when ON, click to OFF
when ON, press and hold ---cycle through low, med and high, release to set

The clip will be different from the CAD rendering (not sticking out). "
:D
PP ready
C

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good so far, but I would like the simplest ui possible, momentary and change brightness with soft click, on/off with hard click. ;)
(And please start at low)

Yes! Keep it simple! I don't want to hand someone the light and explain to them how it works.

Have you guys seen the Streamlight Clipmate? I love the ball and socket adjustment. Very versatile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts