new ZebraLight H30 UI etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:popcorn:
I asked on their web site and got a quick response back that we are still about 3-4 weeks away.
:popcorn:
BTW looking at Zebralights first post describing the H30 I'll just say I might make something similar for myself but I'd buy the H30 in a flash when it comes out. It looks
Awesome!

Last edited:

cat

Enlightened
Furthermore, the H30 user interface is settled and we are waiting for announcement of availability.

coors

Enlightened
Has it been established yet how much percentage of brightness, on high setting, over the H50 that this new H30 model will be? I've been using an H50-P4 for the last 3 months and often I'm finding myself wishing for twice the brightness that it outputs. I was not planning on getting the CR-123 model, as I've been waiting for the 18650 model to come to fruition, however a substantially brighter light with clicky switch may be too hard to overlook for my 'immediate gratification problem'.

coors

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
no, only the clip was on.

here two pictures of the damage:

Well...that stinks! I kinda treat that black protector like I would a head on a normal LED light. If the head is off, the LED is naked. Thus I leave mine on unless it's going to stay on my headband or something. If they set the LED back in the head more we'll loose that 180 degree flood. I guess it would be a trade off.

jtice

Flashaholic
May I ask why the decision to go with a 75 degree beam over the H50s 120 degree beam?
I REALLY like the 120 degree beam of my H50, its the lights main selling point, the WIDE smooth beam.
In normal use, as a headlamp, you can barely see the edges of the beam at all, its so perfect.
I just think that cutting it down to 75 degrees will be extremely noticeable, and give a tunnel effect to the lighting.

The interface, and design of the H30 seems really nice, the 75 degree beam would be the main thing keeping me from ordering one.
Just seems to defeat the purpose of this lights nitch.
I LOVE my H50 though !!!

~John

cat

Enlightened
I agree, absolutely. The flood of the H50 is what makes it so good for all the close-up things, like working on motorbikes or doing things in a dark room or a tent. You can hang it up to light the whole room - or the whole tent.

This was one of the main themes of this thread. It seems that some people like a bright beam lighting the way in front, when they're hiking and so on, but others like minimal light, just enough to avoid obstacles, and keep their night vision. My friend showed me this a few days ago - how he would walk with his SF L1 on low, with his fingers over the front, how it was enough to see where you're going. To me it seems that it comes down to how much you want to keep your night vision.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to me that Zebralight has enough interest that they could take this opportunity to expand their line a bit and offer several models with different beam pattersn. Put the 120 degree pattern in the new model and also offer it with the 75 degree beam. Mix and match several features and offer 5 or 6 models. I'm sure they would all have buyers.

coors

Enlightened
This is the last day of January and no word on the H30's progress lately. How about an update? And, again, how much brighter is the H30 to be compared to the H50 ?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight told me orders for the U.S. will start shipping out of Los Angeles next month (February). Yeah! I see that the H50 - both models are now listed as 'Out of Stock'. Hope they had enough to replace my broken one that was DOA. And I hope they continue to make the H50 even though they are bringing out the new H30 very soon.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on a recent email I'm quite sure it will be a bit after the Chinese New Year before anything else happens. Add to that the extreme weather China is now experiencing which is slowing all kinds of things down and it may be even a bit longer than they originally thought. China is in a real mess right now from the weather. They are used to only a few days a year below freezing and so this has been extremely bad for them. All the same I got an email today from Zebralight that was an answer to a question only a couple hours earlier so they are still very quick to respond. I was also told they current 'out of stock' will change after the long New Year holiday is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.