Night trekking with HDS clickies. Mainly High CRI. **PHOTO Intensive**

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Gary,

Thanks! I don't reside in that place actually but it is only a short 20 mins boat ride to that island on the north-eastern side of mainland Singapore. Singapore, being a modern city, is just too bright for us to enjoy our lights, and in order to play around with our beloved collection we will have to travel to that island for our addiction fix.

Since HDS is still in the process of catching up on their production run from about a year back due to some manufacturing issues, I would advise you to go with the Zebralight first. You could always decide on a HDS when production is back to normal. Have a great day ahead!

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes, it would be a bit on the roughing it side if you lived on the island... but 20 mins away is still close enough to say you're there. ;)

Funny what you say about Singapore being such a bright city. Even in NYC, you can escape into Central Park and make use of your lights.

Thanks for the encouragement on the ZL. The SC52 is back in stock, but I'm planning to get a SC52w in April once they ship. Looks like it has a more pleasing tint and beam pattern. Down the road, I do see an HDS rotary... maybe with cerakote. :candle:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is darn bright at night here. Our government thinks that it is cool to install bright lamp posts everywhere, even in the parks, just to make it a much safer place to live in. Well, there are good and bad. Singapore is probably the safest place in the world to live in, but also the most boring place to be in. Just too much restrictions with too many laws here. We could not even carry a small EDC knife without risking ourselves from being hulled in by the police for questioning.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is darn bright at night here. Our government thinks that it is cool to install bright lamp posts everywhere, even in the parks, just to make it a much safer place to live in. Well, there are good and bad. Singapore is probably the safest place in the world to live in, but also the most boring place to be in. Just too much restrictions with too many laws here. We could not even carry a small EDC knife without risking ourselves from being hulled in by the police for questioning.
I imagine that the electricity bill must be astronomical... hope the local taxes aren't too much on the population there. I wouldn't be surprised if they start looking into LED replacements. ;)

I hear you about the laws... that never ending trade-off between freedom & chaos or confinement & order. Seriously, are the police on a major look out for even the tiniest infraction? How are the driving conditions? I'm starting to think it must be a dramatic contrast from some other place like Bangkok Thailand.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lovely photos, they clearly show the advantages of the Hi CRI even after so many years!

It is very sad that your friend left prematurely. My grandmother also died of cancer.