Official? Christmas Gifts 2008 Thank-You Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Christmas Gifts Really ARE Here!!! UnOfficial Pic Thread

ugh! do they update their mail system at all?
unless that ol' shiny package has been sitting in the post office for 4 days :green:

poke it, and see: CX227046854CA on canadapost.ca.
Expedited USA
Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location
2008/12/06 14:15 OAKVILLE, ON Item accepted at the Post Office
2008/12/06 01:15 OAKVILLE, ON An order has been electronically submitted
:crackup::crackup::crackup:
According to canadapost.ca the package is still in Oakville!

At least I know My L0D CE made it to voww though vovw had already PMed me.
2008/12/10 AM QC Item successfully delivered
2008/12/10 QC Item out for delivery
2008/12/09 11:08 MONTREAL, QC Item processed at postal facility
2008/12/05 14:42 HAMILTON, ON Item accepted at the Post Office

Futoi
Your flashlight was shipped yesterday 11th. No tracking # was issued.
I will try to mail the battery charger today.

Canada Post is weird.
The L0D CE 1AAA is considered a parcel & I was issued a tracking#.
The Romisen RC-W4 3AAA much fatter and heavier is considered a small packet, goes with regular mail and no tracking#.
-
2008/12/10 QC Item successfully delivered
2008/12/10 QC Item out for delivery
Same time. Hmmm. Must have borrowed a Star Trek Transporter.

Last edited:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened

Got my 6P today. I was going to save it till Christmas, but my dad opened it up and was playing with it, so to hell with that xD The inside of the tailcap jiggles around - and the switch doesn't activate. It does, however, turn on when screwed all the way, but the switch doesn't click. I've never seen such a beautiful incan beam in my life. Did you do something to stop it from turning on, RAF Groundcrew? How do I fix it? :shrug:
The tailcap is not a click on, click of type, it's in the style of the traditional Surefire tactical lights- you press the button to turn on, let go to turn off.

Constant on is by screwing the tailcap down until the light comes on. Clicky tailcaps are available as extras, I forget the model number.

Regarding prevention of the light from accidentally activating (as it was set before I mailed it), you will see on the rear of the body tube, a small notch, matching one on the tailcap.

If you screw the tailcap in until the light turns on, then unscrew until the notches line up, this is the optimum position for on/off using the push button. Unscrewing one further full turn until the notches line up again should 'lock-out' the tailcap, and prevent accidental activation of the light.

When unscrewed far enough, the tailcap (and the batteries in the body) will rattle a little, this is quite normal, and if you take the tailcap off, it will rattle even more, but the compnents will not fall out accidentally.

Glad it arrived quickly from Scotland, play with it, and get used to the switch, it's easier to use in an overhand grip (imagine you were carrying a pole on your shoulder) and to operate the button with your thumb, this is the way it seems they were designed to be used.

pipsqueakspace

Newly Enlightened

Although i was not involved in the christmas gifts thing because im too slow i guess, i must say that i am thoroughly impressed by the generosity of so many people here. I've never been on a forum that comes even close. You guys are to be admired for donating gifts (and quite expensive ones at times) to people you don't even know. Now is it next year yet? lol, but again, just wanted to say thanks to all those involved, its quite the spirit of the holidays i'm seeing. Nice to be around here.

and happy holidays :)

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened

The tailcap is not a click on, click of type, it's in the style of the traditional Surefire tactical lights- you press the button to turn on, let go to turn off.

Constant on is by screwing the tailcap down until the light comes on. Clicky tailcaps are available as extras, I forget the model number.

Regarding prevention of the light from accidentally activating (as it was set before I mailed it), you will see on the rear of the body tube, a small notch, matching one on the tailcap.

If you screw the tailcap in until the light turns on, then unscrew until the notches line up, this is the optimum position for on/off using the push button. Unscrewing one further full turn until the notches line up again should 'lock-out' the tailcap, and prevent accidental activation of the light.

When unscrewed far enough, the tailcap (and the batteries in the body) will rattle a little, this is quite normal, and if you take the tailcap off, it will rattle even more, but the compnents will not fall out accidentally.

Glad it arrived quickly from Scotland, play with it, and get used to the switch, it's easier to use in an overhand grip (imagine you were carrying a pole on your shoulder) and to operate the button with your thumb, this is the way it seems they were designed to be used.

Alright, cool, thanks! Time to save for an M60 methinks... unless I can fit something a bit more crazy in there? Is there anything in the way of hotwire available?

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened

PM Sent...
Got my 6P today. I was going to save it till Christmas, but my dad opened it up and was playing with it, so to hell with that xD The inside of the tailcap jiggles around - and the switch doesn't activate. It does, however, turn on when screwed all the way, but the switch doesn't click. I've never seen such a beautiful incan beam in my life. Did you do something to stop it from turning on, RAF Groundcrew? How do I fix it? :shrug:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my package yesterday from Divine. I have to say I am a little impressed with the little EO1. I'll post pictures later. Divine also threw in a few extras.

Thanks again to Divine and Phoneguy for my gifts (I just ordered a couple things from 4sevens.com). Also a huge thanks to ksbman for organizing this giveaway and to the other donors as well. You guys have made this a very bright Christmas indeed.

Waffle

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to say I received my light from ledaholic.

Polished Stainless Steel Civictor, donated by ledaholic.

Thanks to all that gave.

I don't have a camera or I'd post a photo.
progress.gif

clg0159

Enlightened
Just wanted to say thanks again to PlayboyJoeShmoe :bow:. I recieved my new light today and will put it to good use! My family lost alot during hurricane season this year and you have made things "brighter" for me this Christmas. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and thanks to all the other santas for donating this season!:)

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Hey kiddoz, sorry I got hung out of town since the beginning of the week, stuff to mail out Monday if all goes well. good news is, envelopes with just o-rings in em will post fast and cheap. :nana: Hope everybody gets em before christmas. Oo the suspense. lol. Again, sorry guys, outa my hands

g

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grabbed a couple of pics of my new E01 for ya:

3109294044_f4d84508cb.jpg

...and in it's new location:
3109293584_827e569737.jpg

Divine also provided a Lumens Factory 2xAAA incan penlight, a pair of Duracell pre-charged AAA's, and a 4 pack of Energizer Titanium AAA's for the E01! Thanks again Divine!

I'll probably post pics of my order from 4sevens.com (ala Phoneguy) when it shows up.

Last edited:

isc

Newly Enlightened
As some of you may have read in the Christmas gifts thread, tertiary study and the end of the football season meant a dramatic drop in work, and income - for the first time in my life, I actually had to go to the Australian government welfare agency and ask for an allowance I've always been entitled to, but I've always been too proud to accept.

Anyway... being a government agency, it took them a horrendous length of time to work out what I was entitled to, what documents I'd need to produce. As a result of this, I had to sell a few things in order to keep paying board and general living expenses, and this included the two Surefires which I carry for work.

It has been a long, hard year generally - between a concussion in May and an unpaid field placement in September which has meant no time off at all, work and constant study (I'm on a Trimester system - 39 weeks of degree level study a year), in addition to uncertainty with Mum's health and both my folks' employment (they're too young to retire and too old to start again), let alone mine. Well, last week, some things went right - my welfare payments came through so I could pay off board for a while, I completed the second last lot of exams I'll ever have to do for this degree, and I got some work - two days, this past weekend... I didn't get to bed until 3 this morning.

About an hour ago, I was woken by the Postman unceremoniously hurling a package over the fence and onto my doorstep... I had no doubt what this was - I was lucky enough to pick early, and I went with an L1 Lumamax - a flashlight I'd always been interested in, but could never afford. It came courtesy of Visible EM Wave, a person I'd never met, from the other side of the world.

I grabbed a 123 cell and went straight to the kitchen, ecstatic, to open up the parcel and test out my new work light. Well... let me honestly say, many an ecstatic expletive was uttered when I openned the parcel.

:wow:

There wasn't just an L1 Cree in there.... there was a BRAND SPANKING NEW Fenix TK10, an L4 Lumamax with a KL4 head on it, and enough Surefire 123s (worth about $10 each in Australia) to last me the next couple of years!!! When I started in security a few years back, I bought myself a beaten up, second hand E2D, ogling the L4 and wishing I could afford it - and here it was, just sort of 'thrown in' as a bonus!!!!

I seriously stood at the bench for a good two minutes, talking to myself in amazement. I did the maths in my head... there was more money invested in this Christmas gift than I have ever received in a gift from anyone in my life, Birthday or Christmas, friend or family. And it came to me courtesy of the generosity of someone on the other side of the planet, who did it for no other reason than because he wanted to brighten someone whom he'd never met's Christmas.

Chris/Visible EM Wave - Words cannot express the gratitude which I feel for the gift which you have sent me. This is an outpouring of generosity unlike anything I have EVER experienced in my life. While one day I'd be able to repay you financially for the genorosity you've shown me, the gesture of giving so freely to someone you may never meet has been one of the most touching experiences of my life. Should you ever make it to Australia, please be sure to let me know.

Once again, Visible EM Wave - thank you.
:thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.