Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

MrWongBurger

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2015

Seems like im getting mixed advice on charging eneloops. I was told that 1100mA causes too much heat and reduces the charge cycles. Not sure if i should keep charging them at 1100mA for 1-2 cells or 550mA for 3-4 cells.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some chargers like the C9000 will charge Eneloops fine at 1amp. If you are not sure you could test it out by subtracting 100 mA if the cells gets hot.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems like im getting mixed advice on charging eneloops. I was told that 1100mA causes too much heat and reduces the charge cycles. Not sure if i should keep charging them at 1100mA for 1-2 cells or 550mA for 3-4 cells.

Listen to SilverFox and you can't go wrong:

Hello MrWongBurger,

High charging rates can cause damage to cells. However, completing the charge in 1 - 2 hours is not charging at high rates. Slow rates cause missed terminations and that also damages the cells.

I ran a test on some of the original Eneloop cells charging the cells in 15 minutes. That is a high charge rate. The cells lasted 150 cycles.

You can keep an eye on things by monitoring the temperature of the cells during charging. If they get too hot to touch, something is wrong. If they only get warm, everything is OK.

Tom

1100mA is fine for your Eneloops, MrWongBurger.

MrWongBurger

Newly Enlightened

Thank you for the response. Im using a Fujitsu Quick Charger that charges 1-2AA @ 1100mA and 3-4AA @550mA. Only thing im having some issues with is that i notice if i leave the cells in the charger for hours after they are finished charging it seems to trickle charge them to keep them topped off i think as i pulled them several hours later and it was still at 1.47v

jimmy_WAI

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2016

Beware in getting charger bundle pack. Batteries are made in China. Purchased online in Malaysia.

HTC_20160427_110418_zpsg5rcqm29.jpg

HTC_20160427_105028_zpsmxrtle8f.jpg

HTC_20160427_105022_zpsmyqype2p.jpg

jase3377

Newly Enlightened

hey guys,

bought regular eneloop and eneloop pros off amazon.

The date I see on both is 15 - 09 S3 on the regular
15 - 09 (i think EF for the letters)

I don't see 2015 date for pros on that list?

Is buying safe from amazon in regards to getting the real envelops?

Also, when using these batteries on gaming controllers, on a full charge it'll stay 100% and go down to around 85% on the battery meter. For example on the xbox one. Is this normal for these batteries due to their low voltage? The meter thinks the battery is lower than they are?

thanks

keithy

Enlightened

Beware in getting charger bundle pack. Batteries are made in China. Purchased online in Malaysia.

AFAIK, all Asia Pacific region now gets Eneloops Made in China. I've checked in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand so far. Forgot to check when in Hong Kong. Maybe local forumers from HK and Philippines can chime in, but I think they get Made in China eneloops as well.

keithy

Enlightened

I don't see 2015 date for pros on that list?

Is buying safe from amazon in regards to getting the real envelops?

Also, when using these batteries on gaming controllers, on a full charge it'll stay 100% and go down to around 85% on the battery meter. For example on the xbox one. Is this normal for these batteries due to their low voltage? The meter thinks the battery is lower than they are?

I don't think that list has been updated for a while and is not all inclusive. If you bought from Amazon as the seller - they are genuine unless they got duped by their supplier (which is going to be very rare)

For controllers, their "battery meter" might be calibrated for 1.5V AAs, so for example using 2 x alkaline AAs, it would be expecting to see 3V when new and 100%. With NiMH you are starting at around 1.2V each AA, so for 2x NiMH AAs you will be getting a lower total voltage so the built in indicator thinks it is a lower battery level. Some devices that can operate on both NiMH and alkalines might have a switch or software that tells the device what type of battery it is and the battery indicator changes accordingly.

ChibiM

Enlightened

I might have missed something, but as far as my understanding goes, all Japanese eneloops are in the list. (I stayed away from adding Chinese eneloops though)
And codes like MCCE and MCCA are noted as MCC without the additional letter, as they differ per region.
If anyone finds new eneloops that are not on the list, let me know..

tcpftg

Newly Enlightened

I've recently tested 8 Eneloop Pro batteries purchased in January 2012 using Break-In and Refresh&Analyze cycles on Maha C9000. The batteries were barely used (maybe 20 recharges in those 4 years). The only devices they were occasionally used in are Olight S65, Zebralight SC51, and blood pressure monitor AND UA-767.

According to C9000, only 1 of 8 batteries still has capacity ~2400 mAh. The other 7 have capacities between 1900 and 2100 mAh, even after break-in.

The white Eneloops purchased at the same time (January 2012) demonstrate capacities in the same range (1900 - 2000 mAh).

I know Eneloop Pros are not supposed to last as long as white Eneloops, still I expected more from them.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've recently tested 8 Eneloop Pro batteries purchased in January 2012 using Break-In and Refresh&Analyze cycles on Maha C9000. The batteries were barely used (maybe 20 recharges in those 4 years). The only devices they were occasionally used in are Olight S65, Zebralight SC51, and blood pressure monitor AND UA-767.

According to C9000, only 1 of 8 batteries still has capacity ~2400 mAh. The other 7 have capacities between 1900 and 2100 mAh, even after break-in.

The white Eneloops purchased at the same time (January 2012) demonstrate capacities in the same range (1900 - 2000 mAh).

I know Eneloop Pros are not supposed to last as long as white Eneloops, still I expected more from them.

I typically refrain from using the break-in function with Eneloops or at the very least fully discharge them first. Maybe the Eneloop Pros are a bit older than you think or maybe these cells require more usage (or refreshing). I don't have much experience with them other than it's really easy to overdischarge them.

BloodLust

Enlightened

We get the China ones in the Philippines but depends on the seller though.
I'm in Japan and North America every month anyway so I can source the batteries anywhere.

AFAIK, all Asia Pacific region now gets Eneloops Made in China. I've checked in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand so far. Forgot to check when in Hong Kong. Maybe local forumers from HK and Philippines can chime in, but I think they get Made in China eneloops as well.

aris1234

Newly Enlightened

Just to add my 2pence here.

I recently bought some from a 3rd party seller on Amazon - an 8pack of BK-3MCCE. Everything seems to check out. Date code looks right, it is embossed, metallic printing of logo, no ridge, no vent holes etc. The only niggly thing is the capacity tested using an Optus intelligent battery charger they are all slightly under 1900Mah. They are basically in the mid 1850's. My past experience is that out of the box, Eneloops exceed the minimum capacity. I've got the batteries in another test cycle now which will discharge and recharge the battery and show me the capacity, but in the meantime - anyone think these are fake?

Embossed Date code is "1 5 11UD" (there is a space between the 1 and the 5). This checks out with the date code printed on the back of the packaging of 11 2015. They appear to packaged for the Eastern European market - not necessarily a bad thing.

Ql2mO4e.jpg

kCC8Izw.jpg

Dkux0S0.jpg

aris1234

Newly Enlightened

Just an update - on doing a capacity test again (which discharges and fully recharges the battery in the process), it looks like i'm getting fairly consistent 2000+ mAh across 4 of the 8 cells. I'll try the other 4 cells tonight, but it would seem that perhaps these are OK after all and just needed a cycle to get going. For anyone interested, I got them from a 3rd Party Amazon UK seller called Beconshop £11.99 inc delivery:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JZBX8DQ/

Evadinnn

Newly Enlightened

UPDATE: Made in China Forest Tones Eneloop now has 70% after 5 years claim. Not sure if it's any better than the older "65%aft5yr" claiming batteries.

kilogulf59

Enlightened

I have to tell ya..you all have got be so gun-shy on buying some Eneloops...and I need some bad...

babyslim

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2014

Can you advise which Eneloop charger specifically should I get? I want something simple.

Is this the MAHA C9000 you are talking about? http://amzn.com/B003DIGKOG

Being a newbie, I'm thinking I might not have done well for myself with the charger I bought. It is wrapped in with 4 eneloop pros. The 2450mah or 2540...I'm not so memorized yet.
But the charger that comes with them is recommended to react to each batt individualy. Should it be sufficient to eliminate concerns. It's all Panasonic merch. Amazon sales. Pretty hard to know what's best until much reading here. Should I send it back? I got 4 pros for AA powered thrunite tn4a
With the 4 slot charger handling AA and A AA batts.