Photos of your lights

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
6ncvzYy.jpg

You have great taste in beer. Summer Shandy is my favorite beer ever!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our barn headlamp gets used about 2hrs a day and has never missed a beat. It's hands down the toughest headlamp we've owned.

kPrH4v0.jpg

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's keep Maglites alive!! This is my favorite Maglite I own. It's a 1988 NIB 2D with lanyard rig end cap, Malkoff drop in, 2 Tenergy Centura NiMH rechargeables, and KAI Domain MOP reflector. I made the lanyard myself.

vOZpdvL.jpg

IxA2maM.jpg

The link for the lanyard instructions is: http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/2011/05/adjustable-paracord-wrist-lanyard.html

I use the light almost every night at work. It has a great 4 hour run time and throws about 600 lumens. Best of all, it's a lot tougher to misplace than my Surefires.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is funny!

To irritate them further, tell them that they must have the old versions and you picked this one up in your local Walmart for 10 bucks.

Ha yes indeed. I have had a few neighbors who have seen some of my Maglites or other Customs in action and bought some that didn't seem to do quite what mine do and ask where I got mine. I always start explaining things with the "special" batteries it takes, that turns most average people off. Then they think I am a total idiot when they find out they can only put that much light out for short runs. Then I link them to the video of the guy starting fires with his Mag. It begins to make sense to them at that point.

I had a Home Depot Defiant I rigged up a few years back. I was impressing the next door neighbor, then he says, hey man, I think your light is about to blow up. I looked at the front and it was melting the plastic reflector & lens. His response was, "I didn't think LEDs get hot". It is amazing how many people think that.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Ha yes indeed. I have had a few neighbors who have seen some of my Maglites or other Customs in action and bought some that didn't seem to do quite what mine do and ask where I got mine. I always start explaining things with the "special" batteries it takes, that turns most average people off. Then they think I am a total idiot when they find out they can only put that much light out for short runs. Then I link them to the video of the guy starting fires with his Mag. It begins to make sense to them at that point.

I had a Home Depot Defiant I rigged up a few years back. I was impressing the next door neighbor, then he says, hey man, I think your light is about to blow up. I looked at the front and it was melting the plastic reflector & lens. His response was, "I didn't think LEDs get hot". It is amazing how many people think that.

Yes, that's true. Its easy to feel the heat coming out of my more powerful led lights for sure.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank for posting the paracord link bro. Im making one right now. Love the maglite.

You got it! The two types of knots are the celtic button know and the scaffold knot. That blog doesn't go into how to tie them but there are plenty of videos on youtube that do. It wouldn't be a bad idea to add a bead to the loop because it could pull through the knot if adjusted too far. Nice lights too BTW!!! Good to still see some Mag love!