Photos of your lights

ven

Flashaholic
:eek:oo: The v54 massaged Jet is nothing short of amazing. :eek:oo:

Its a pretty cool light CG, only issue other than weak clip.........the ano is *beep* . Need to take a leaf out of ZL's book!!!! Real poor ano on the jet, but the light is so cool with nice UI, it kind of makes up for it.

ven

Flashaholic
I could fit a few ZL's in this peli......
NR49oNll.jpg

I like how your odds and ends are all very nice lights... If a BOSS counts as odds and ends, then dang!! What are some of your favorite lights CG? I'm kinda figuring it's gonna be one of your 47s...

Thanks much, InvisibleFrodo. The lights pictured above are odds because I only have a few Surefires n Overedy lights and ends because they are at the end of the row. :p

28WKzfA.jpg

Picking some of my favorite lights ...... Well, that's akin to picking my favorite child. I enjoy them all but depending on the situation at hand, one can be more useful than another. :grin2:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
While you're waiting for the definitive answer, I use caustic soda. Just soak in a solution for about five minutes. Rinse and see if all the ano is off. The surface will be dull and bloomed, just polish wth wire wool and finish with an abrasive paste that you would use on chrome bumpers (fenders).
I bet Mike's got a better way, though.
P

Monocrom

Flashaholic
bykfixer, if you don't mind me asking how did you get the anodizing off of your 6p. That is awesome looking. Thanks for the pics. Dan

It might just be an older 6P in pewter finish. I recall back about a decade ago, seeing one of those on the hip of a park employee in Disney Land when my buddy and I hit Vegas for vacation, and decided to stop over in California. I found it odd even back then as the stock 6P was already considered obsolete. Though I'm sure even to this day, considering how much SureFires cost back in the day, plenty of folks never decided to upgrade. Feel sorry for those who eventually burn out the bulb and then go looking for a new one because they never got the memo.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yes Pete I have an easier way...I bought it from member LightKnot that way. Lol.
Perhaps PM him Rubicon.
It appears it was polished after the ano was removed as well.

I saw it in the wts section still up for sale and snatched it up quickly.
IMG-20190427-155929.jpg

Here it is versus other 'silver' SureFire lights.

Last edited:

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this today. Deadwood customs
Brushed copper
CWF Custom Dragon Driver V3 engine

89452fcf145e53712708fb1c21951d1a.jpg

Might be ordering a bronze next .... or brass.... or TI.

Jeez so many options hard to choose
:)

Last edited:

Rubicon1000

Newly Enlightened
Cool thanks for the ideas guys I appreciate it. I think I'm up to 25 or so 6p's now so I'm definitely going to give it a try and I'll let you guys know how it goes. Dan

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't for get to protect your eyes, hands and clothes, and use a toothbrush for the knurling. Maybe you could post pictures of the end result, please.
P