ROLL CALL FOR SINGAPORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Re: ROLL CALL FOR SINGAPORE & ANY AND ALL FLASHLIGHT RELATED TOPICS IN SG.

any of you bought a DX's X2000, the one with aspheric lens claiming a flood-throw beam using 18650? i was wondering whether the light is good for use in this light polluted city, or at least at pulau ubin :thinking: i saw identical ones at kaidomain but the tint is ugly blue, while the photos in DX showed white/warm tint. Which is which? i dont want to spend USD20 to get a bluish tint and chunk it aside. apparently, someone tried to modified it to a Q5 but it burnt the spring, so i dont think its suitable to be upgraded.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

any of you bought a DX's X2000, the one with aspheric lens claiming a flood-throw beam using 18650? i was wondering whether the light is good for use in this light polluted city, or at least at pulau ubin :thinking: i saw identical ones at kaidomain but the tint is ugly blue, while the photos in DX showed white/warm tint. Which is which? i dont want to spend USD20 to get a bluish tint and chunk it aside. apparently, someone tried to modified it to a Q5 but it burnt the spring, so i dont think its suitable to be upgraded.

Read the reviews, doesnt seem too great but i guess that we get what we pay for. My concern would be more for the zooming ability, i gather that you move the head in and out to focus instead of twisting like in the Maglite. I'm thinking that with frequent use, it might become really loose which would be a real bummer man.

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened

Thought i had been added to the list. See that a few flasholics live near me, in bishan and toa payoh! :grin2:

1. hyperloop - tampines
2. Tessaiga - Upper Serangoon
3. steven- kovan
4. Tsia - Seng Kang
5. snailmeat - woodlands (but constantly shining lights at Changi Business Park, where I work....)
6. albert - old airport road
7. lightfet - Yew Tee
8. N.E.L - woodlands
9. Crenshaw
10. KevinL
11. iSleep
12. flashlight
13. R L (Kallang)
14. sORe-EyEz - T. Payoh
15. nautilus1950- Whampoa/Balestier
16. werdnawee- Old Changi Road (Guest of Honour)
17. Cateye (i'm including him as he is not only a collector but also sells and builds lights)
18. Redstorm - Lorong Ah Soo
19. pjandyho - Punggol Central
20. tankahn - Toa Payoh
21. falconz - Telok Blangah
22. StrifeYun - Serangoon North Ave 1
23. Nerd - Jurong West
24. tancg87, Punggol. Near SPC gas station..
25. korolev - eunos/hg/upper bt (noobest)
26. Funder - Jurong West
27. rasserie - commonwealth
28. LingHS - Bt Panjang
29. Thunderflash & partner - Hougang
30. Flea Bag - River Valley
31. jimfwh
32. ruriimasu - Bukit Batok
33. pilyo - holland ave.
34. Andyap - Jurong East
35. Jolly Roger - Bishan
36. nutz_about_lights - Bishan

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

:wave: hey fellow Bishan-eer! Shine your light in the sky at midnight to let me know your position. :laughing:

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened

:wave: hey fellow Bishan-eer! Shine your light in the sky at midnight to let me know your position. :laughing:

Haha actually I did some time back, testing my Tiablo A9! Shone them around "Bishan 8" condo and accidentally into some house (whoops! :grin2:) and that drew a little girl out. :wave:

When I'm walking back I sometimes take out my Nitecore DI to play too!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haha actually I did some time back, testing my Tiablo A9! Shone them around "Bishan 8" condo and accidentally into some house (whoops! :grin2:) and that drew a little girl out. :wave:

When I'm walking back I sometimes take out my Nitecore DI to play too!

Ahhh....that was you. Someone did made a report of U.F.O. sightings.... (Unusual Flashlight Operations) :whistle:
But if you see someone playing with a EX10 or Raw NS, that's me.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

sigh, am i the only one in tampines?? Anyone see a 30mw green laser beaming around somewhere, that would be me :D

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

sigh, am i the only one in tampines?? Anyone see a 30mw green laser beaming around somewhere, that would be me :D

There there... don't be sad. Just move to Bishan. :poke: Or have another GT. :party:

ruriimasu

Enlightened

just returned from Desaru. Went with my lovely dear to see fireflies in the night at a pitch dark canal. the boatman suddenly shone a light from a cheapie 6D cell light and for a moment i thought the only light i had with me, a D10, would definitely lose out to that cheapie light. it soured my mood for the rest of the firefly tour. after the boat docked and we were about to leave, i finally could not resist the urge and pulled out my D10 and shone across the bank, it lit up the entire opposite side! i shone it at the extreme length and it too lit it up much more than the cheapie light! i returned to the resort a happy man! :grin2: but my gf said i embarassed her! :shakehead

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

just returned from Desaru. Went with my lovely dear to see fireflies in the night at a pitch dark canal. the boatman suddenly shone a light from a cheapie 6D cell light and for a moment i thought the only light i had with me, a D10, would definitely lose out to that cheapie light. it soured my mood for the rest of the firefly tour. after the boat docked and we were about to leave, i finally could not resist the urge and pulled out my D10 and shone across the bank, it lit up the entire opposite side! i shone it at the extreme length and it too lit it up much more than the cheapie light! i returned to the resort a happy man! :grin2: but my gf said i embarassed her! :shakehead

lmao.... she's right. You get to play and you didn't bring her a light. :crackup:

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened

lmao.... she's right. You get to play and you didn't bring her a light. :crackup:

Lol she paiseh (embarrassed) you didn't bring a HID... ;)

Hyperloop: Tampines has lots of nice patches of darkness doesn't it? :faint: Don't tell everyone about your 30mW haha... Mata come raid your house. :D

ruriimasu

Enlightened

Lol she paiseh (embarrassed) you didn't bring a HID... ;)

dont have a HID:mecry: am blocked from buying more lights. but i have one last one to buy and that is an improved x2000 from DX, hopefully with a warm tint and uses 2 x 18650s and with high/low and strobe :D

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got my Jet I Pro IBS v 2.0 in today, ordered it in Singapore at a pretty decent price too!

P2160216.jpg

Above: Jet I Pro

P2160217.jpg

Above: comparison with AA cell

P2160220.jpg

Above: minimum output, taken at 5pm with curtains closed but you can tell its still bright outside

P2160221.jpg

Above: output is somewhere above minimum but below 50%

P2160222.jpg

Above: Absolute max output on 2500 mAh, 1.2 volt soshine nimh cell

Singapore flashaholics need the contact please PM me.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Niiiiiiiiice :D
Contact has other lights? :naughty:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

would u consider MTE P7 at SGD$125 pricey? :wave:

:wave:
Of course.... selling SGD$50++ at DX. Guess your contact is a carrot head? Or don't tell me it's you! :eek:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

:wave:
Of course.... selling SGD$50++ at DX. Guess your contact is a carrot head? Or don't tell me it's you! :eek:

that's not very nice.:poke:

its the price from a B&M store.

Last edited:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

nah, i'm not buying. i have 2 Peli M6 which i can upgrade when newer & brighter modules come out. thanks. :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.