Run-Time Plot - MadMax Sandwitch

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Thanks Roy! Good tip on the meter. As it is being discontinued, most of my local RS stores didn't have any so I had the mgr of one store who was competent enough to figure out how to check nearby stores for inventory. Found a store who had one left, just 3 mi away, and picked it up for 40 bucks. Pretty good deal.
Here is a sample from Paint Shop Pro's image capture routine. I altered the image by simply clicking on Convert to B/W, then clicked Negative Image for this effect below:
scopeview.jpg

Pretty quick and clean.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Nice work Roy.

I found the name brand batteries to be rather aweful and poor perfroming which might explain the first run to drop to zero.

With the Costco Kirkland brand (my favorite) I get much better runs that I did with the two Name brand batteries I tested. Both posted miserable numbers.

Just wondering also how much longer the Lithiums would run in lower output mode?

I went and picked up a RS voltmeter and have the 9V battery. I need to find the little plug that goes into my Extech light meter output and I'll be able to do some more runs. Interesting to see what the Kirkland batteries fair compared to your first graph.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re-ran the alkaline battery runtime plot so that the vertical axis scale matched the lithium battery runtime plot.