San Jose/Bay Area GTG and BBQ 10/01/11

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a little far out for my schedule but I'll make it if I can! That should be good motivation to bring something "new" :)

I would kindly ask if you can please bring youre Sphere or at least the lux meter. I know you been working with those 27.5mm Aspherics too...I wonder what creation you will bring!!!

I have a nice Peak Logan 17500 QTC to show off. Nice UI and tiny pocket carry body!

hope to see you there.
Jose

Last edited:

Max_Power

Enlightened
This is a beam hot on the Palm tree a block away and it hasnt died from all the light yet.
Ryobi Home Depot light. 35 Watt HID
5067479658_d1dd2ed750.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I like how the trees BEHIND it are being lit by the edge of the hot spot.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found the mounting foot for my 70-200, YAY! Now it's attached. Next time I will have to lose the barbell - I mean LENS - along with it.

haha. my goal is to acquire a 70-200 2.8 before my brother's graduation.
I even have a nice teleconverter waiting for it.

Craig

Max_Power

Enlightened
ooh! I've been meaning to rent a teleconverter for that lens... turn it into a 350mm F/4.0 for wildlife photos. Can you bring the teleconverter along for me to play with? Might buy one if the image quality doesn't suffer.

Last edited:

jake25

Enlightened
Instead of food I think I'll bring some flashlights to raffle off :D. Since I live 5 million miles away any food I make would turn cold.

Max_Power

Enlightened
I would like to bring a stack of Costco sirloin burgers and some buns. And perhaps a few spare Malkoff and other modules that need a new home (I'm NOT buying more bodies.)

Anyone got some M60W or M30W modules to sell? I'm interested.

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man I want to go but my girls have a performance in the afternoon & a buddy is having a huge b-day bash that day! Have fun guys & gals. I will have to catch you guys next time!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good - looking forward to it - I'll be there. I'll bring Thai style pasta salad with spicy peanut sauce.

Hey, Ms Vic, looking forward to seeing the pics of your latest photo shoot with Playboy :).

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
Sounds good - looking forward to it - I'll be there. I'll bring Thai style pasta salad with spicy peanut sauce.

Hey, Ms Vic, looking forward to seeing the pics of your latest photo shoot with Playboy :).

Jim.. I'll have my new 8 x 10 glossy just for you Darlin.:kiss:

woody1972

Newly Enlightened
Howdy, I'm brand spankin' new here, first post and this caught my eye being that I live here in town (Saratoga Ave & 280 area). Been addicted ever since I can remember... Example- when I was 9yo, my bedroom window faced an open field, I saved up for one of those Qbeam BlackMax spotlights and rigged it up to a car battery. Spent hours at that window shinning that thing around (strange child :laughing: )

Anyway, is anyone welcome to this shindig? Or do I need a certain number of posts to qualify? ;)

Thanks!
Woody

Surefire E2D (Steve Ku drop-in) - LumaPower Trust2 - Maglight (Triple led) - DEFT edc (ordered 9/23/11)