San Jose/Bay Area GTG and BBQ 10/01/11

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy, I'm brand spankin' new here, first post and this caught my eye being that I live here in town (Saratoga Ave & 280 area). Been addicted ever since I can remember... Example- when I was 9yo, my bedroom window faced an open field, I saved up for one of those Qbeam BlackMax spotlights and rigged it up to a car battery. Spent hours at that window shinning that thing around (strange child :laughing: )

Anyway, is anyone welcome to this shindig? Or do I need a certain number of posts to qualify? ;)

Thanks!
Woody

Surefire E2D (Steve Ku drop-in) - LumaPower Trust2 - Maglight (Triple led) - DEFT edc (ordered 9/23/11)

:wave: welcome to the forums! :party:

also, I will be bringing a jetbeam RRT-0 to raffle off :)

Craig

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I live 5 million miles away any food I make would turn cold.

duh2.gif
Bring cold food - salad, chips and dip, caviar (Costco has some good stuff on sale for only $50 an ounce), etc.
smoker.gif

Last edited:

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
Howdy, I'm brand spankin' new here, first post and this caught my eye being that I live here in town (Saratoga Ave & 280 area). Been addicted ever since I can remember... Example- when I was 9yo, my bedroom window faced an open field, I saved up for one of those Qbeam BlackMax spotlights and rigged it up to a car battery. Spent hours at that window shinning that thing around (strange child :laughing: )

Anyway, is anyone welcome to this shindig? Or do I need a certain number of posts to qualify? ;)

Thanks!
Woody

Surefire E2D (Steve Ku drop-in) - LumaPower Trust2 - Maglight (Triple led) - DEFT edc (ordered 9/23/11)

Would love to have you. I tried to send a PM but your not set up to recieve them. Please do so and I can send you the address.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would love to have you. I tried to send a PM but your not set up to recieve them. Please do so and I can send you the address.

think he needs 2 or 3 posts to do that, get postin'! :huh:
Craig

edit: oh yeah, does anyone have any of the xpe HEW emitters? I would like to see one :) Also, if anyone would like anything from the shop I can bring it along!

Last edited:

wantsusa

Newly Enlightened
Dang I should go based on what Jake says though I must be 5,000,005 miles away then. Haven't done much though after moving north of him..dang mortgage payments...hmmm

woody1972

Newly Enlightened

Great! Thank you. I have come across CPF many times in the past... seems any time I google something flashlight / led related the forum in the top results. This thread got me to pull the trigger.

I'm working on the posts and if mods allow this one I'm 2/3's of the way there:sssh:
"If it is obvious that your posts are nothing more than an attempt to 'get your three posts out of the way', your posts will NOT be approved."
:eek:

I've got time and lots of questions, just need to take the time to read the rest of the rules, search, and all that jazz.

Thanks again for welcoming me.

BVH

Flashaholic
Just saw this. My wife and I would like to come up. It will make a nice, little day trip. What would you like us to bring?

Need your address.

I don't get much chance to use my lights and this would give me one. I would bring:

Locator @ 3300K (thanks to Modamag)
Locator @ 5000K
Twin 75 Watt Fatboy Vector 192
LarryK14+, JimmyM regulated @ 30 Volts
Gen3 Maxabeam
Blitz 84 Watt
Costco 75 Watt
Mac's 1.5D, quad Cyan Mag

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys and Gals

We are getting close to Saturday. If you still need an address send me a PM.
Check with your friends who dont get on CPF all the time to see if they are coming.

:party:Hope to have a great turn out.:party:

See you all on Saturday !!
SheDevil

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey folks, I'm hoping to make it this weekend. I'm brining and Alpha prototype that makes 80K lux @ 1m and some home made cookies! I heard my light didn't "show" during the last thrower GTG. Hoping to remedy that :devil:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey folks, I'm hoping to make it this weekend. I'm brining and Alpha prototype that makes 80K lux @ 1m and some home made cookies! I heard my light didn't "show" during the last thrower GTG. Hoping to remedy that :devil:

I blame kramer5150.

Screenshot-2011-07-30_14.54.14.jpg

though I'm sure BVH will have more fun stuff, too :devil: :huh:

Craig

Latest posts