SepTemBer 2011, What Flashlights You Have Bought This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a Spark SL-6 740NW and JetBeam RRT-0 from GoingGear. They were nice enough to through in an all weather notebook to boot!

The Spark is really different and is my first neutral beamed light. Now I finally know what everyone has been talking about! I love the adjuster ring on the RRT-0 as well. Right now I'm waiting for the sun to go down so I can try them out!:rock:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't need any more lights.... but I bought a Xeno 1AA (which also uses 14500). On the 14500 battery it does just what I want: it opens the eyes of non-flashaholics who think it is a play light for a child! Super bright XM-L T6.

frenchie

Newly Enlightened
I have a Quark X 123 ordered and I've just won an auction for a Quark RGB.

Although quite why I felt the need for an RGB I just don't know.....

snowdonkey

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to update my incandescent SF G2. I read P60 upgrade threads for days but got overwhelmed and bought an Olight M20-X last night from GG.

The off -> strobe is a very important feature for me. It was a tough decision between Klarus X10/X20.

It will be my first LED. I have a feeling this is going to set off an expensive obsession.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pulled the trigger and traded for a like new Streamlight LAPD light that a LE officer friend of mine traded me for a G2L. It's actually a very cool and robustly designed light... I want to stick an XM-L in it...

H. neanderthalensis

Newly Enlightened
I bought this bad boy on a whim. After some buyer's remorse it quickly became the pinnacle of my collection. It really is the best and most versatile light I have ever owned. Two lumens for 175 hours speaks for itself. It also reaches a hundred lumens and has many other settings, too. A excellent light, but extremely overpriced. Though, I didn't pay anything near the MSRP. It sits proudly on my nightstand.

IMG_6957.jpg

Helmut.G

Enlightened
alright, I see you other guys all bought loads of fancy and expensive lights, well, I didn't ;)

I bought this:
http://www.decathlon.de/dynamolampe-wasserdicht-id_dynamo_8174997.html

It's a crank light, it's got a cheap power LED in a big smooth reflector and three 5mm LEDs around it.
It's got an electronic switch and three modes: 3-LED-flood -> 4-LED-throw -> 4-LED-blinkie -> off.
The 5mm LEDs are not wide-angle but standard ones and they produce a quite blue beam of an estimated 5 lumens.
The power LED adds another estimated 5 lumens and is of extremely high color-temperatur (i.e., purple), but is focused incredibly tight, making it appear quite bright.
Useable throw on battery power is 50 meters on a white building.
Output can be tripled by turning the crank while the light is on.

It feels pretty robust and it swims.

If the NiMH batteries hold up, this is a good light.

Acid87

Enlightened
I've bought a Fenix E05, Surefire E1E, E2E, L1 Lumimax and E2DL tailcap and a firstlight tomahawk NV.
I lve them all.

davecroft

Enlightened
I must admit I enjoy the process of researching my purchases on this and other forums, and looking at YouTube videos of light demos (big thumbs up to Going Gear) almost as much as I enjoy using my lights! Then comparing prices and placing an order, then the anticipation of waiting for that padded envelope to come through the letter box... sometimes the light itself is a bit of a disappointment! It's a bit like the pre-digital photography days when you took your films in for processing and got excited about getting the photos back - until you saw them!

Anyway I have an Olight i2 on order, due tomorrow. I'm on a bit of a budget this month so that's it for a while until I can afford the Jetbeam I have been lusting after. I hope the Olight is a nice surprise after the major disappointment which was the Quark Mini AA S2. What a letdown that was! I'm normally not too picky about my lights but there were so many things wrong with that Quark it had to go straight back :-( Looks like the Olight is pretty much the same light as the Mini AA anyway, but without the flashy modes and a nice clip. And it's two thirds of the price! I admit I like the knurling on the Quark much better than the fluted lines on the Olight, but it is going straight on EDC duty so it will get banged around anyway. Just as long as it doesn't suffer from green beam syndrome!

fl0t

Enlightened
So far I ordered a 4Sevens Quark Mini CR2 XP-G R5.

My birthday is coming up, so I might be able to get a nice gift from my GF.

LeeDeaton

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a Quark X 123. Been running all AA and AAA lights so far, will be my first CR123 light, very excited.

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just bought a Streamlight POLYTAC 90 LED for use at work. So far it a great light and I can clip it to my belt loop and be on my way and it's there whenever I need it.

Jarhead12b

Newly Enlightened
So far I've bought a Streamlight PT 1AA and a 4 Sevens Quark AA2 Turbo R5. The Streamlight is my first high quality flashlight. So far I love it! My Quark is still in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts