SepTemBer 2011, What Flashlights You Have Bought This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things have gotten out of hand for me this month. It started off slow with a JetBeam RRT-0 and Spark SL6-740NW (which I posted earlier) and I figured I was done for the month. Oh well, I probably made it a couple of weeks without buying anything but now the mailman is bringing the following:

2 Surefire 6P incans
1 Malkoff MD2 turnkey
1 Malkoff M60 drop in
1 JetBeam RRT-21 XM-L
1 Quark Mini
1 Mag 3D LED
2 Solar Force hosts
1 Nailbender XP-G 3000K drop-in
1 ThruNite XM-L
Assorted parts, pieces, and batteries
And a "free" key light that came with one of the orders (a $1.20 value!!!)

I swear . . . . nothing else this month.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered another light.

Oveready has some Peak Eigers with the Nichia 119-H1 High CRI emitters. I've always wanted a light with that emitter and I'm interested in playing with QTC and I'm looking for a replacement for my keychain light, so I figured I'd buy one. Really, how often can you scratch 3 separate itches with a single purchase?

I hope to receive the light early next week.

--flatline

davyro

Enlightened
Bump! as its a new month, so its time to begin a dedicated new thread.

fall is near and winter is coming after it.. likely i end up in shopping spree once again in few months like every year as darkness increases..

but this month i have only bought 4 eneloop AAAs. (so far only them.. likely will buy atleast one more light)

lets see what you guys end up getting this month.

I've just bought a brand new TN 11 & it's a beast of a thrower,just ordered a HDS ra/twisty 200 exec on the last day of sept so thats me spent up on flashlights until
i beg for 1/2 for christmas,god i wish i could just get one every couple of months i'd be a lot better off.

Last edited:

Retinator

Enlightened
Hmmm... Mag XL 50 & 200 on order.............

4 KX4's for my G2's and C2 (Yellow, OD Green, Tan, HA (for C2))

Also 2 Magnum Star Xenon's (just bulbs) for my 6D Mag

Think that's it for now, unless I see the new Mag ML 100.

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
well technically I purchased this at the end of last month, but it hasn't arrived yet: Malkoff Hound Dog XM-L w/ MD4 host

I have a problem.....

Also added an older style MD2 w/ m60 and an md3 wildcat V2 to the collection this month :devil:

Tony1446

Newly Enlightened
Well I have a soft spot for the EDC lights I had to have the xeno e03 xm-l t5 in tri-black should be here by friday woot woot. running ultrafire 14500 and regular AA back ups.

Chidwack

Enlightened
I better not say. If my wife were to read this forum and see what I bought this month, I'd be sleeping on the couch for a few nights in which case I would have more chances to use all these lights.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC31w and H31w from the MP

NovaTac Storm (just for kicks because it was cheap) for a loner light.

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
I thought I bought a lot this month but reading over the threads it's obvious I'm a piker. Had not really bought much in a couple of years aside from a Fenix TK21 about 4 months ago. But this month was different. Got another TK21, and 3 Zebra lights. An SC600, SC60w and an SC51 (this one for my son). Got a big trip coming up to far away places and wanted some better lights to work with. These should do it. Ooops, I also got a Nightcore D11.2 to replace my D10 (edc for years). I held off replacing the D10 until the pocket clip became available. It's taking a little while to come up to speed with the 18650's but extensive and intensive research on this forum speeds the learning curve up quite a bit. Couple wrong turns with batteries but I've settled on the AW2200's until there is a need to change.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
In August I ordered a TI CA1-AL for my wife's birthday; so far Canada Customs hasn't cleared it yet (this used to take no time at all back in the '90s when I was buying ICs and such from the US), so now it's her early Christmas present. She's making do with my old mini-Maglight with a Terrlux LED in it.

And last week I ordered my own early gift, a TK70. Go big or go home. At least this way I've avoided months and months of purchasing ever brighter flashlights. Rationale is that I need a bright light for running the snowthrower; at the rate Canada Customs processes, I hope there's still snow around when the TK70 arrives.

Hmm, now it's October...never mind the above.

Bill

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
Xeno e03 red in neutral white. Can't wait. Hoping this will make the cut as a gifting light..but I need to test it firstof course!

agalb

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, this is my first post, this looked like a great place to start.

I picked up a Surefire 6PLED on clearance at Lowe's a few months ago, and recently decided that I wanted two new lights- one light that outperformed the Surefire, and another that was of a small form factor that I could carry in my pocket every day.

After some research (much of it on this site of course), I ordered a Fenix PD31, and, a few days later, a Fenix LD15.

Both lights were purchased on ebay, and the LD15 arrived a few days after I bought it. I still don't have the PD31 and am quite irritated about that. Anyway, I absolutely LOVE the LD15, it is absolutely perfect for what I wanted it for.

This past weekend, I was at a gun show and came across a table full of flashlights- excellent timing since I had been doing quite a bit of research the week before- after looking at several lights (Olight and Lumintop were the most represented brands), I ended up with a Lumintop TD15X.

Well, I love the LD15, but I am THRILLED with the TD15X. I can't stop playing with it, it is super bright, has great throw, several modes- WOW! I realize there are many better lights out there, but so far I could not be happier with this one.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I will probably have many more questions in the future.

Coop57

Enlightened
I am awaiting a Maratac aaa. I am rebeling against high lumens tactical lights. Going more minalmilist. Lower is better.

edc3

Enlightened
After I bought an SC51c, I went on a Zebralight bender and bought an H51c, H51w and SC51w. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts