Shot 4 times, and still smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Quickbeam,
if you are referring to my post, you are completely mistaken.
Completely.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Quickbeam,
What!? YOU are telling ME what my intentions were in making that post?
I am telling you; my motivations were born of an evolved sense of responsibility and love for my fellow man, not to "troll or bait", and I think the subsequent posts and replies have proven that to be true.

I find it difficult to believe that YOU believe what you are claiming about me is true..and that you are not just making this ascertion to condemn a person with whom you disagree.

dark star

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
d'mo said:
I was e-mailed this....

...If my memory serves me correctly, it was not movie stars or musicians, but the United States Military who fought on the shores of Iwo Jima, the jungles of Vietnam, and the beaches of Normandy. Tonight, I say we should support the President of the United States and the U.S. Military and tell the liberal, tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippy, tie-dyed liberals to go make their movies and music and whine somewhere else....

[/ QUOTE ] I was in the Marine Corps during the Vietnam war and later the Armored Cavalry reserve while in college. So I'm not quite the hippy liberal. And I feel this war is wrong and do not support it. Saddam of course is a very bad dude, but the United States has supported just as bad rulers ( Shah of Iran, South American Dictators, and Saddam in the past ) if it suits our purpose. Also , the documents we showed showing Saddam was getting weapons of mass destruction were fakes.

http://newyorker.com/fact/content/?030331fa_fact1

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted,

You obviously did not read my post. I said that some could consider it trolling, not that I did.

I said that I thought it was inappropriate to the thread and the board in my honest opinion. That is the point on which we will have to disagree. I don't remember disagreeing with you personally, only with the appropriateness of your post.

And also in my honest opinon, I don't see what this explanation for posting a post to a picture of a dead child...

"because you don't see it on TV.
because that is what happens when a person gets
shot in the head, usually. because it is gruesome. because that is what war is. because a picture tells the story better than a thousand words. "

...has anything to do with a Royal Marine's life being saved by a Kevlar helmet, or how it explains your intentions in posting it. Perhaps some detailed explanaion would have been in order at the time of the original post that would have prevented all the excitement and attention which has resulted.

I'm not trying to tell you anything about the intentions of your post - except that other people could very well assume your intentions were less than appropriate since your intentions were not clear to everyone.

My apologies if you took it the wrong way.

d'mo

Enlightened
Sorry Dark Star and TedtheLED. I didn't mean to offend. I simply did a cut-and paste of the e-mail I was sent.

The opinions in the speech do not necessarily reflect my own. I just disagree to the use of disturbing tactics to "make a point." It's just my opinion so it doesn't mean a hill of beans, but posting a link to a graphic photo or blocking traffic does nothing to promote ideas. It strikes me as militant and intolerant. From my sig line, you can guess where I stand, but I disagree with the same tactics used by abortion protesters.

There must be a more constructive way to make points than by blocking traffic and inconveniencing your fellow citizens. Shock tactics don't work, but reasoning does, provided all parties keep an open mind.

My grandfather was on the beach at Normandy and once told me, " I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts