Soshine SC-H2 charger opinions?

delus

Newly Enlightened
I too, have been looking at this charger. I found one on Ebay.
If you want a charger for all those different battery sizes, your options are limited to items relatively new to the market.
I see the XTar 4, and another that will charge only 1 battery at a time. Looking at this review http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?372115-Review-of-Charger-Xtar-XP4
I see a bug with end-of-charge detection, and very high heat as major drawbacks on the XTar 4.
HKJ has reviewed four other soshine chargers, maybe he will get this one soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

hideo

Enlightened
I see the XTar 4, and another that will charge only 1 battery at a time. Looking at this review http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?372115-Review-of-Charger-Xtar-XP4
I see a bug with end-of-charge detection, and very high heat as major drawbacks on the XTar 4.
HKJ has reviewed four other soshine chargers, maybe he will get this one soon.

thanks Delus, for chiming in ... yeah, I'm looking for a charger that will handle both Li chemistries and a variety of sizes to replace the tangle of older chargers I have.

One concern I have is that DX lists the output current as 1000 ma ... guessing that is just the adaptor output, not charging current :devil: as I'd like to be able to do CR2s with a spacer

Last edited:

hideo

Enlightened
The XTar4 isn't approved to charge LFP's, so my vote is for the Soshine.

yep, though it is a nice charger

here's another multi-chemistry charger (KD Endepots) I can't find a review of:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...purpose-Battery-Charger/708513_580208453.html

I like the meter on the Soshine, though this one looks like it has charging staus LEDs on each bay

Circuit board of Enedepot multicharger: http://www.kaidomain.com/Product/PhotoGallery/50882/199186#id=0

Last edited:

delus

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! HJK, I don't see any way to donate funds, perhaps you have a recommendation?

FredEx

Newly Enlightened
Charger question

Basically i've been looking for a charger that can charge both Lithium Ion and normal NiMH batteries - I spend a lot of time outdoors and as such I love to be able to charge my batteries from my Powertraveler Power Monkey Extreeme (the solar panel puts out 5v 700ma and the battery pack puts out 5v 2.1a)

It seems this charger will meet both of those needs but my question is, are all chargers created equal? Do cheap chargers reduce the lifespan of a battery? Is there any reason you wouldn't use the charger below?

I have a few Cottonpicker chargers but they only do LiOn, and only one at a time, and only Lion...

Thanks in advance for your advice!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Quick-C...Li-ion-LiFePO4-NiMH-up-to-26650-/261381747403

Features:
Two independent channels, allowing a mix of batteries to be charged
1000mA charging current for fast charging NiMH, Li-ion and LiFePO4 batteries
LCD shows battery capacity in mAh while charging
Reverse polarity protection
Precision end-of-charge voltage detection
Auto active function for Lithium battery cell open (0V)
Automatic 3.7V/1.2V battery cell voltage and polarity detection
Floating-charge maintains battery in full charge
Adjustable metal plates for charging many different battery sizes (AAA, AA, C, 26650, 18650, 16340, etc.)
Over charging timeout protection
Auto alert indication for poor cell and bad cell
Power input can use DC 12V, mini USB DC 5V, or DC 6V photovoltaic panel

Last edited:

tripplec

Enlightened
Re: Charger question

I am going to bump this. Anyone using the SC-H4 and is there a Rev 2 of it. I don't see where they might indicate on the package the Rev # if at all.
It looks like a great solution for 18650 & 26650 cells and should handle 4 at a time unlike my Nitecore I4 which I can only do 2 - 18650's due to current splitting of the charger.

Last edited:

tripplec

Enlightened
I've stumped the forum?? ;)

Well I too am looking at it but more towards the SC-H4. All searches come up with nothing.

Anyway I bit the bullet and ordered. It certainly looks good and handles the 18650 & 26650 which I really want it for. The other abilities merely complement my other chargers.

tripplec

Enlightened
Well I got the Soshine SC-H4 charger today. I gave it a test run with some Eneloop AA and then Li-ion 18650 cells. I ran the Eneloops at 500mA charge to see how it worked. The display is small for my eyes anyway but with some concentration I was able to read it. It displays FULL to the left of each cell once finished charging it. Voltage for both battery types are one decimal point only so its unknown where it actually stops at. When charging the 18650 which weren't run down much it shows the % or charge to the right of the voltage which is nice. I selected the 1000mA rate for them and initial impressions are good. The menu takes a bit to figure out how to set the parameters for each cell being inserted. Yes, each can have a different charge rate and type. There is no selection for NiMH as a type since I gather its auto detected. But current is !!

Looks like a good all round charger with 4 cells at a time and will do the bigger Li-ion types 4 at a time. This is my third charger to my collection and better than the IQ-328 which does not have backlighting.