srt

herosemblem

Enlightened
what kind of close-up work would require a very weak RGB?...

This cannot be a serious question, my friend. Seriously?
On a related note, I'm looking forward to learning more about the 5(?) and 6 version of the light. Decided the 7 is too large for me to justify, and an SRT light for me would have to replace my EDC, the pd32ue.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
LedTed,
great cave test! By judging from your test data when running the SRT7 on high and measuring the heat, it is now clear that just like in Patriots test of his SRT7,the light does not step down after 3 minutes at highest mode and it does not seems to get particularly hot either. This is great! :) My doubts are now gone and i now found it proven that the SRT7 really is capable of delivering 960lumens for an extended time without any stepdown in effect.

I do think that Nitecore should change the info in the manual and all the data on their website about the SRT7 and clearly inform that the light does not have any stepdown after 3 minutes and that it does not exist any turbo mode either.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
LedTed,
great cave test! By judging from your test data when running the SRT7 on high and measuring the heat, it is now clear that just like in Patriots test of his SRT7,the light does not step down after 3 minutes at highest mode and it does not seems to get particularly hot either. This is great! :) My doubts are now gone and i now found it proven that the SRT7 really is capable of delivering 960lumens for an extended time without any stepdown in effect.

I do think that Nitecore should change the info in the manual and all the data on their website about the SRT7 and clearly inform that the light does not have any stepdown after 3 minutes and that it does not exist any turbo mode either.

They have. Manual now says 20 minutes.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
They have. Manual now says 20 minutes.

You are right about that!:)

turbomode_zps1207ee01.jpg

The manual is now changed and shows the extended runtime.

__philippe

Enlightened
__philippe,

Thanks for the links.

Is there a reason your input did not include the cone type of diffuser?

As seen here:
http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=83

The white cone-shaped wand diffusers are fine, provided one doesn't object to their rather cumbersome size.

On the other hand, the red wands, known in the aircraft trade as "Marshalling Wands", will prove very handy
every time one feels the urge to stop dead in its tracks some pesky jumbo-jet taxiing off the runway....;)

ay7fab.jpg

Cheers,

__philippe

awoodby

Newly Enlightened
I was in lust for these lights, like the option for red or blue light, until I looked at the length:
mit Extender: [bezel ø] 25,4mm x 24,3mm x 117,4mm
That's about 6.5 inches to us americans. Making the srt3 AA longer than any 18650 I own!? Bummers, apparently all those electronics take a ton of space.

--Alex

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
I was in lust for these lights, like the option for red or blue light, until I looked at the length:
That's about 6.5 inches to us americans. Making the srt3 AA longer than any 18650 I own!? Bummers, apparently all those electronics take a ton of space.

--Alex

117 mm is actually about 4.6 inches. A bit more pocketable than 6.5

Patriot

Flashaholic
I looked at the length:
That's about 6.5 inches to us americans. Making the srt3 AA longer than any 18650 I own!?

Maybe, if you add one of those SF Porcupine bezels to it! :)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
But still, what exactly is 'high mode'??

The turbo mode and the high mode are the same.:) Use of the term "turbo" is a little missleading since that usually means that the flashlight only can deliver this extreme mode for only a few minutes before it steps down to prevent overheating, but in the SRT7 case the turbo mode does not realy exist,at least it´s not a short burst mode. According to all test reports one can run the SRT7 at the high mode(=the highest available mode at 960 lumens) for an extended period of 20 minutes.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think he's asking what level or amount it steps down to but since there's no pre-set output level we'd have to measure the drop with a light meter and then convert it to a percentage and then to an estimated lumen output. The only problem with that is that I haven't had mine step down yet. I won't get a chance to test extended run-times about about another week to 9 days but perhaps someone else will step up and test it in the mean time.

kj2

Flashaholic
rhra5z.jpg

"Presenting the Nitecore SRT6 'Night Officer'. Similar to the SRT7, but without the color beams.
Major addition to the SRT6 over the SRT7 is the stainless steel crenulated bezel, which can be used as a glass breaker. SOS mode makes a return as well in this model.
It's basically a hardcore version of the SRT7 for bashing and blinding bad guys" (posted by Nitecore on Facebook)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I think he's asking what level or amount it steps down to but since there's no pre-set output level we'd have to measure the drop with a light meter and then convert it to a percentage and then to an estimated lumen output. The only problem with that is that I haven't had mine step down yet. I won't get a chance to test extended run-times about about another week to 9 days but perhaps someone else will step up and test it in the mean time.

That is probably what he wanted to know. Me to would like to know what amount it steps down to. When comparing the SRT7 to similar flashlights from other manufacturers,i guess it steps down to about 600 lumens,but an actual measuring done with a lightmeter would be nice to see.

Beckler

Enlightened
Major addition to the SRT6 over the SRT7 is the stainless steel crenulated bezel, which can be used as a glass breaker. SOS mode makes a return as well in this model.
It's basically a hardcore version of the SRT7 for bashing and blinding bad guys" (posted by Nitecore on Facebook)

Other major thing is apparently floodier beam from smaller head (17k vs 23k cd)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Intensity numbers are different ?? weird :p

http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=84

I also noticed that they are different.:thinking: I think it´s a typo. However,i think that the right data is 17,000cd and a throw distance of up to 260 meters. Except from that picture,the rest of the data on Nitecores website and the SRT6 user manual gives these intensity and throw data.

This looks like a great light!:) One cool feature that it has is the stainless steel windows breaker. I am looking forward to see a review of the SRT6.

cancow

Newly Enlightened
Without the colored beams??? I thought the whole point of the SRT line was the colors! How lame....
rhra5z.jpg

"Presenting the Nitecore SRT6 'Night Officer'. Similar to the SRT7, but without the color beams.

kj2

Flashaholic
Without the colored beams??? I thought the whole point of the SRT line was the colors! How lame....

Than you thought wrong. Not every SRT-product will have every color led. SRT7 red/blue/green, other non or only red and blue.