SureFire 2211 WristLight

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll see about a pic maybe tomorrow.

It comes with a black 24mm soft rubber band. Similar to G-Shock bands but softer. And a stainless steel buckle. Very comfortable to wear.

mrkennethtong

Newly Enlightened
Why anyone would wear this is beyond me. 300 lumens is about as bright as my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

mrkennethtong

Newly Enlightened
Getting my friend from the NYT to write about this monstrosity as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Illum

Flashaholic
Pictures of the2211 with Luminox:
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=650&t=4028896
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=650&t=4129132

Rehosted here [NOT my pictures!]
5lneyu.jpg

1430z2b.jpg

f9oxnb.jpg

nnacdv.jpg

jpc7ev.jpg

34fxxyq.jpg

29dajpj.jpg

15xqrya.jpg

Looks like there might be more than one tritium flavor
23rr0nd.jpg

i6ldnp.png

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Looks like there might be more than one tritium flavor[/FONT]

id go with the one with a different color at 12 o clock, especially with same shaped indices around the dial.

burntoshine

Enlightened
An integrated battery is the worst idea ever in a flashlight, in my opinion! I like the concept and it seems like a nice UI, but not being able to change the battery is an unforgivable decision. You can't have another charged battery ready to go, plus you have to send the light back every couple or few years. Ugh!

burntoshine

Enlightened
Job Security:crazy:

lol! Perhaps. I'm not trying to bash Surefire or anything. I'm not a hater and I don't yet have an opinion of Surefire, because I haven't owned any. I can imagine the unique size of this light requiring an unconventional battery. However, it would make more sense to me to have a proprietary removable battery that you could purchase more of, separately. And I understand that would complicate making the light water proof/resistant, but I am thinking it could be done without adding much to the size.

Illum

Flashaholic
Given the application, dimensions, what not. I don't know of any battery types beuond li-po that can attain the performance specified in their nomenclature. Making Li-po easily accessible seems like a hazard to the general public in my opinion.

burntoshine

Enlightened
Hmm, well maybe it wouldn't be feasible, then. ...I look at this thing and keep thinking it should have oil slick and smoke screen hidden modes.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, I've had my 2211 Luminox for a bit now. Sorry I've not taken any pics yet, but Illum did a much better job of it then I probably could. I own and have owned MANY Surefires since I bought my first 6R back in 1990. I can honestly say this is one of the most useful SF's I've ever owned.

As far as some of the questions/concerns I've read so far:

The 2211 Li-Po battery is not user-serviceable. Doing so will void the warranty. Battery life is reasonable on High (300 lumens) and accurate to claimed max output runtime. Runtime at 60 lumens is excellent and 15 lumen runtime is fantastic. Think of it like a CPF'ers favorite, the A2 Aviator. The high beam is very useful for short to medium bursts of time, and low beam lasting exponentially longer. Too much usage on high will result in draining enough of the cell so that only the low/med levels are useable. I find the 15 lumen and 60 lumen levels to be quite enough light for most situations. As long as I don't use the 300 lumen level exclusively for everything, short, medium, and long runtime use, the battery lasts a VERY long time. As well, the 2211's fuel level led gives plenty of warning when the battery is getting low. Ive had the fuel led on red for the high output, but 15 and 60 lumens levels have never hit red yet, and I use my 2211 every day. I charge it when I know it's been a LONG time since I've charged it up. And it's no big deal to charge it anyway since it uses any micro USB charger. We all charge up our smartphones every day or two...the 2211 is the same idea, just doesn't need to be charged nearly so often unless the fuel led is red on high, then you might as well plug it in overnight, "just in case".

As far as beamshots and output charachteristics, think of it as a mule light with short to medium throw. The optic does a fair job of making this happen. The beam has a lot of artifacts, kind of reminds me of shining a light source through a large, faceted piece of clear glass or other transparent optical medium. You can see what looks like overlapping light beams coming off of the facets that converge together to make a resulting hotspot. It somewhat resembles the beam pattern of the A2's leds. It may be disconcerting to white-wall hunters, but it results in a very useful general-purpose beam pattern for many situations. I find these output charachteristics, combined with the 15/60 lumen levels, make for a very useful illumination tool, especially since it's strapped to my wrist where it's always ready to go.

The Luminox watch part of it is totally kickin'! I love tritium, and this little gem has beautifully tiny little tritium vial markers everywhere. I've got the blue tritium markers on the numbers with the orange trit at 12:00. The trits are clearly visible in the dark with dark-adapted eyes and reasonably visible before your eyes become dark-adapted. While I didn't know about other colors possibly available, I'm very happy with mine. The watch battery is user-changeable and will not void the Surefire warranty. If you are not comfortable with doing it yourself, you can send it in to them and they will do it for you. You'll just have to wait a few weeks for it.

Waterproofness/resistant-wise, I've had no problems yet. I am not reckless with it, but not very careful either. It has been splashed with water and rained on with nothing bad coming from it. It hasn't been submerged yet, but as it's not a dive-rated watch like others I have, I won't be wearing it in the water, even though Surefire says it's rated submergeable to three feet for 30 minutes.

As far as the price... I'm not even going to go there. If you don't want to spend the money for it for whatever reason, then don't. But I'll tell you right now, the more I use it, the more I'm glad I bought it for myself. It is one of those lights that grows on you. You find yourself using it for all kinds of situations, even using it instead of your go-to EDC lights that you have on you. And many of us wear expensive and cool watches anyhow, so why not have one with a variable/high output flashlight as well? And I have never regretted paying the price I did for it. It is far and away one of my favorite lights of all time.:thumbsup:

Illum: I'm wondering about your thoughts/impressions of yours thus far...:) And your Li-Po comment is not lost on me... I just hope my 2211 doesn't spontaneously combust some day, taking my wrist with it, if its Li-Po battery decides to commit Seppaku and perform a thermal runaway incident.:poof:

Burntoshine: oil slick and smoke screen may just show up on subsequent versions, but not this one.:( Would be really cool, though.:D

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice description socom1970. I plan to have one of these someday and was wondering what to compare it to for beamshot purposes. Looks like I will be using the A2!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice summary, thanks!

The bean description sounds like I'd want to frost the lens though, but that would kill it's 300 lumen tactical use maybe.

I'd be interested in trying this out, but since I would have a hardtime giving up my existing write watch, I'm not sure this one would get any wrist time, most of the other watches don't.