Surefire Customer Service

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Maybe, just maybe, they want to stay private to stay true to their visions and make the products they see fit to rather than have to answer to shareholders and bean counters. :)

Edit- Also, just speculation on my part...

Hahaha, good one! I have only ever needed to deal with aurefire's CS once...and it was great. Tesponse within 48 hours, problem resolved.

About the "500 employee" statement...is this verified? I can only imagine that a majority of them are production workers, with a handful of sales reps thrown in. The remainder would be office workers, such as designers and customer support and post sales.

That being said...here is my guess: 15-25 machine operators, 60-80 assembly/qc testing, 5-10 post sales, 5-10 business liaisons (sales reps), 5-10 shipping and receiving, 4-7 buyer/planners, 5-10 designers.

*per production facility

Last edited:

just like me

Banned
Maybe, just maybe, they want to stay private to stay true to their visions and make the products they see fit to rather than have to answer to shareholders and bean counters. :)

Hahaha, good one!

Actually... I think that is a very good reason, if not the actual reason for remaining private. John Matthews, co-founder and current CEO and president, has been in place since the beginning, and that kind dedication lends credence to the idea of keeping the control in-house, because he has not needed to work for some time.

About the "500 employee" statement...is this verified?

The figure is according to wikipedia, though it says 2007, so it may be outdated.

I can only imagine that a majority of them are production workers, with a handful of sales reps thrown in. The remainder would be office workers, such as designers and customer support and post sales.

That being said...here is my guess: 15-25 machine operators, 60-80 assembly/qc testing, 5-10 post sales, 5-10 business liaisons (sales reps), 5-10 shipping and receiving, 4-7 buyer/planners, 5-10 designers.

*per production facility

Not a bad guess! Good work. That sort of paints a picture for me.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Hate to say it, but I've noticed what feels like a slowdown for SureFire, too. Everything from e-mail response (or lack thereof), to time spent on hold, and even turnaround. I'm sure the dwindling government contracts and layoffs in 2015 have plenty to do with it. Without a doubt, the remaining CS folks are probably overwhelmed, and the warranty folks buried in repair work.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I called surefire just three days ago about a switch issue and got the same great service a that I've had in the past. It had been years since I've called but it was the same type of interaction as before.

I checked for their local time before calling and did have to wait on hold for a little bit. I have never tried emailing them...

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed SureFire about a faulty switch on my LX2. Took about three weeks to get a response, but a new one is on its way. We'll see when it actually arrives; that being said I haven't had an issue with SureFire CS yet.

Latest posts