Surefire Discontinued Models - Anyone Stocking Up?

Knuckles

Newly Enlightened
SureFire's guarantee is a lifetime one. Doesn't that mean they will always support their products, even legacy ones?

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I just made sure to get Fivemega sockets for my A2 and M-Series Turbohead. That way, I should be able to find bulbs no matter what.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others have stated, not so much stocking up as picking up a few I liked, but never got around to... Bulbs, yes. Stocking up... :)
The offical site states that
the lifetime warranty is only available to the light's first owner :p

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only lamps I'm trying to stock up on are one's for my 10X Dominator and 8AX commander, nobody makes aftermarket for those models. I'm not worried so much about my aviator, P60 type lights and my other surefires, seeing as lumensfactory lamps are readily available and they plan on pumping out lamps as long as theirs any demand.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking:

Not sure where my post fit into that...

Oops, i quoted the wrong one, should be #21, sorry

"SureFire warrants our illumination tools, edged weapons, and pen products to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, including any LEDs housed within, for the lifetime of the original owner"

http://www.surefire.com/guarantee
Right below the bold words "ILLUMINATION TOOLS, EDGED WEAPONS, AND PEN WARRANTY"

When you passed away, they wont repair your light anymore :D

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try to get some more 6P and 9P, think they will be great hosts for LED-dropins quite long time ahead.

briteflite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to you guys, I picked up an A2, e1e and e2e at closeout prices. For the last couple of years I've been chasing the latest and greatest LED lights, gradually migrating to hi-cri and neutral tints, but wow, that A2 sure woke up my interest in incandescent lights. The e2e got a EO-E2R upgrade tonight and I'm just astonished at how much I like the tint.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to you guys, I picked up an A2, e1e and e2e at closeout prices. For the last couple of years I've been chasing the latest and greatest LED lights, gradually migrating to hi-cri and neutral tints, but wow, that A2 sure woke up my interest in incandescent lights. The e2e got a EO-E2R upgrade tonight and I'm just astonished at how much I like the tint.

Just wait till you see a 12 volt surefire M4 or even better an M6. Oh wait, i'm encouraging the incan addiction..:devil:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why you wanna trade it for a black one anyway, the GM grey is a beautiful light and not nearly as common as the black 6P's. Black 6P's are around every corner, GM grey, not so much. 10 years from now a GM grey 6P will probably be more desirable to have than a black 6P. Keep it and enjoy:thumbsup:

Roood

Newly Enlightened
I don't know why you wanna trade it for a black one anyway, the GM grey is a beautiful light and not nearly as common as the black 6P's. Black 6P's are around every corner, GM grey, not so much. 10 years from now a GM grey 6P will probably be more desirable to have than a black 6P. Keep it and enjoy:thumbsup:

I like black. =) ,, Favorite color. GMG reminds me of my Icon Rogue 1. Wanted to get the 6PD but it was not on sale. I guess I have to get a Strike Bezel for this or just keep it in the sealed plastic just in case someone want's to buy it. Hehe.

My girlfriend asked me why we collect flashlights when after 5-10 years it will be obsolete and probably no spare parts available then. I kinda thought about it and she might be right. I want to keep my SF, they are not a lot (2 G2 Nitrolons, 1 C2 LED Centurion, 2 6Ps), but I'd rather sell them now if they are gonna be obsolete. But then again my GF does not like SFs, she carries a JetBeam and an OLight.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Roood, definitely keep the gunmetal grey one sealed, I'm 100% sure you will find one to buy it from you at a really good price.
Tell your GF that in 10 years, there might be no spare parts available for the JetBeam and the Olight, we'll see, but for the Surefires it's not gonna be a problem. First, what should break on a G2 C2, or 6P? With the original twisty tailcaps there's really nothing on those lights that can break except the lens and the o-rings. And secondly there's the surefire lifetime warranty. And last but not least, there are so many of these lights around. Availability of spare parts depends on the demand. If only ten guys own a light nobody will give them spare parts, probably not even the manufacturer. But there are literally tens of thousands of these lights around.

Roood

Newly Enlightened
Helmet, I agree! I told her that (looks like I'm not getting any tonight *slaps forehead *lol). I have a close friend who shares the same enthusiasm with flashlights as me, he had to replace the inca on his 6PD twice. He told me SF inca has some issues being turned on for a long time and turned off right away and when you turn in back on ... poof (temperature something)! Though I never had the same problem on my Nitrolons. Local store finally got 5 pieces of KX4's in stock, he bought 3, he'd probably buy all of it if he had more money. Hehe.

Oh and question, anyone notice that SF flashlights emit some kind of smell? I'm guessing it's from the free SF lithium batteries. Or is it just me?

Helmut.G

Enlightened
yep, primary CR123 batteries have a smell that gets pretty strong when they are enclosed in a hermetically sealed light. it's called "flashahol" around here, just start a search for it and you'll find several threads on the topic.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think that is the smell of lubricant becuz the smell retains even if
- changed to li-ion
-allows ventilation inside the body

also, when i uses CR123 on other light, they dont have the smell

Helmut.G

Enlightened
no way, CR123s definitely have a smell. sure the smell you're talking about might be a different one but they have one. search flashahol.