Surefire Discontinued Models - Anyone Stocking Up?

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Led's are getting bigger and brighter. They run hotter. Today's Quad P60 dropins already can't be run on high for more than a few minutes before the heat builds up. In 5-15 years, LED's will be running even hotter and our old C2 bodies that aren't up to the task now won't be up to the task then.

Grab a couple for yourself or your collection, but don't think that in 15 years we'll still be trying to cram drop-ins into the old SF bodies.

I would like to think that the next generation of LED's will be designed to run both brighter and cooler than todays LED's.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others have stated, not so much stocking up as picking up a few I liked, but never got around to... Bulbs, yes. Stocking up... :)

Did a little bit of both - well, a little bit of light stocking up (check the "My lights" link in the sig line) and LOTS of bulb stocking up. P60s, P90s, Lumens Factory (various), Carly 1194s, Strions, TL3s. I 'backed into' the incan part of the hobby, and now I feel as though I'm grabbing a bunch before they are not longer available!

Rawhide

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how to fix the battery play when installing a KX4? Or is it safe to stretch the spring? TIA!

I have a C2-BKHA Inca and installed a KX4-BKHA and when I shake the flashlight the LED blinks, I think its because the KX4 has a shorter spring? Any help would be appreciated. Please help. Thank you in advance.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to fix the battery play when installing a KX4? Or is it safe to stretch the spring? TIA!

I have a C2-BKHA Inca and installed a KX4-BKHA and when I shake the flashlight the LED blinks, I think its because the KX4 has a shorter spring? Any help would be appreciated. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Twisted all the way or pushing to go momentarily-on?

Rawhide

Newly Enlightened
Twisted all the way or pushing to go momentarily-on?

Markings aligned to press monetarily on. While the marking are aligned then when I shake the light the LED blinks. It's like the contacts contact for a split second.

Mikellen

Enlightened
So which models do you think will be collectible in 10 - 15 years?

I'm thinking about purchasing three each of the 6P Gunmetal, 9P, C2 HA, and E2E.

Can anyone give me any advice on whether those would be good choices? Out of those 4 models how would you rate them in order for collectability reasons?

Thanks.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mikellen,

Here's my $.02...

The L1 and L5 probably a little more collectible. For what you listed, the C2, E2e, 6P-GM, and the 9P, in that order, based on their condition of course.

Mikellen

Enlightened
Mikellen,

Here's my $.02...

The L1 and L5 probably a little more collectible. For what you listed, the C2, E2e, 6P-GM, and the 9P, in that order, based on their condition of course.

Thanks, I plan on keeping them sealed in the package and just storing them away. Now I'm just trying to decide how many to purchase of each model. I'm thinking maybe 2 of each. I'm also thinking about the Z2 and C3 in black.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I picked up another E-Series light tonight from LAPG. When a dealer is parting with E2E's for less than $50 shipped to your door, that's hard for me to resist.

To go along with that light, I have also snagged a 9P and C2 in the past month.

I have a feeling that I will probably also be picking up another 6P and E1E too..

Last edited:

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't planning on stocking up on any, but I just received two-G3's & two-9P's. The price was just too good to pass up. I plan on gifting them for Christmas.

briteflite

Newly Enlightened
I picked up another E-Series light tonight from LAPG. When a dealer is parting with E2E's for less than $50 shipped to your door, that's hard for me to resist.

Same here, 2 e2e, 2 e1e and 2 A2 from LAPG in the last month .. amazing prices ... now if I could only find FiveMega's bi-pin sockets for some of them ...

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EO-E1R took the E1e from a 15 lumen novelty flashlight, to a 60-ish lumen pocket rocket. The tints are better than stock Surefire bulbs, too.
WOW! thanks I just took the plunge and bought my first incan in five years with the E-1e. Time to do a search on that E0-E1R

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'm not done yet just ordered 2-E1E, 1 E2E, & and 1 E2D. LaPG and their awesome sales is making me buy way too many lights.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the bug also and grabbed some e1e and e2e for my future stash, we will all be crying once the golden age SF's are all gone!

WriteAway

Newly Enlightened
After all the confusion, I'm not sure if these Surefires are actually discontinued or not, but...

In August, I bought a 6p incan, then installed the KX4 led replacement head, which is really nice for my needs. Then this past week, I picked up an incan G2, which I'm playing around with now. There's one more Surefire I plan on getting, but my very limited flashlight fund is evaporating before my eyes... :sigh:

SixM

Newly Enlightened
Add me to the list :D I bought a C2 and 6P a month ago, and have a black and HA E1E coming in any day now. Now I need to search for upgrades to the E1E, any info on such would be greatly appreciated.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
So which models do you think will be collectible in 10 - 15 years?

I'm thinking about purchasing three each of the 6P Gunmetal, 9P, C2 HA, and E2E.

Can anyone give me any advice on whether those would be good choices? Out of those 4 models how would you rate them in order for collectability reasons?

Thanks.

Not sure, they appear to have made soooooo many of each of those models, it may take alot longer thank you think...they still make the C2 and 6P, just in LED.

ganymede

Enlightened
Just arrived!

o2GYJ.jpg

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will definitely take a while to dissappear but the feast days we are enjoying now will not last forever!

I was into schwinn bikes 10 years ago when they defaulted; those parts went away rather fast!

For the c2 led; is it the p60L version or the kx4 head version?