SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any beamshots from that KM2? I was wondering how bright it was compared to an LX2 or E2DL. I've been considering purchasing the KM2 as an accessory just to see the brightness and could careless for the IR but figured someone might have beamshots of this badboy. If you have beamshots or a review please do share. :D

I dont have a E2DL since I traded it for my first gen U2.

I do have my KX2C scoutlight that i can compare it to.

here is a small write up i did earlier.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/280198&highlight=M620V

I have yet to do the beamshots. i will try tonight.

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, so I broke down and ordered the E1E HA. It should be here tomorrow so I can play with it over the weekend. I also have a pelican case and some foam on its way to make an E series case for the E1E and E2DL...

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, so I broke down and ordered the E1E HA. It should be here tomorrow so I can play with it over the weekend. I also have a pelican case and some foam on its way to make an E series case for the E1E and E2DL...

Sweet! Love my E1e-BK. Brought it to work tonight and clicked it on...but the battery was dead. :( Total fail.

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Sweet! Love my E1e-BK. Brought it to work tonight and clicked it on...but the battery was dead. :( Total fail.

...So you then went to your EDC bag, grabbed your pelican case of CR123s and popped in a fresh one?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
...So you then went to your EDC bag, grabbed your pelican case of CR123s and popped in a fresh one?

You know just what to say to cut a man down. :mecry: No, unfortunately I left my spares at home. I did have my edc bag with me though....:sigh:

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
You know just what to say to cut a man down. :mecry: No, unfortunately I left my spares at home. I did have my edc bag with me though....:sigh:

Don't worry, it only happens once. Next time you'll have enough batteries to last you for a month of use :crackup:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Which one is Is on the way? For a little E series case I like the Pelican 1030. 2 lights or a 1 light LEGO kit with several heads to chose from and a back-up twisty switch.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Just got my first E-Series: The E2L. Here's a quick photo.

I swapped the clip with my LX2, which I feel has several benefits:

-E2L's long clip on the LX2 does not rub the LX2's twisty tailcap

-LX2's clip allows for the E2L to be deeper in my pocket, as well as leaving less clip showing, which I hope will reduce snags while out in any bush or forest (which is my intended use of the E2L)

img2956x.jpg

(Also pictured: Spyderco Delica 4 FFG)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finding an E2e you stashed in your jacket pocket and forgot about is like finding a $20!

blkdawg

Newly Enlightened
Sorry this is a newbie question.
Which LED head is compatible with E1e? I just got a E1e and try it with my E2DL head and it doesn't work.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that the KL1 is compatible, among quite a few others. Someone will chime in with the complete list soon I'm sure. :thumbsup:

blkdawg

Newly Enlightened
I also tested it with E2d head and the output is disappointing. it's worst that a AA maglite :(

but it does look cool

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also tested it with E2d head and the output is disappointing. it's worst that a AA maglite :(

but it does look cool

The bulb/leds in the heads you've tried require more voltage. They might run better/brighter with a RCR123. I'm not an expert though. :tinfoil: