SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only hope that Cubebike can some day continue making some bodies. I have 2 of Fivemega's 3xAA E2C bodies, but it would be a kick to have both a 2xAA and 3xAA E-series body, without having to buy a SF E2LAA. I am currently running an E2DL head on a FM 2x18650 body, and it is the shizzle.

Bogie

Enlightened
I wanted a E2L-AA which led me in search of bodies as I have a bunch of E series parts, the 3x123 body from Cubebike with a Oveready delrin AA battery sleeve for no rattles is a great combo. I like the no pocket clip which keeps the body clean, I just hope he can get single cell bodies made in the future

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only hope that Cubebike can some day continue making some bodies. I have 2 of Fivemega's 3xAA E2C bodies, but it would be a kick to have both a 2xAA and 3xAA E-series body, without having to buy a SF E2LAA. I am currently running an E2DL head on a FM 2x18650 body, and it is the shizzle.

Can the E2DL head take 2x18650. That would be like 8.4volts right?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
After the batteries' voltage drop-down under initial start-up, more like 7.4 volts, I think. The first time I saw that mentioned in a CPF thread, I did a double-take, too. Here is where I first saw it:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?316788-E2DL-Battery-options Take note of post#s 10-13

Fivemega mentions that the bezel can get rather warm, so it's something to watch out for. I have only run my 2x18650 set-up (with the 'older' 120 lumens bezel) for brief bursts in the park when walking the dog, so I have not experienced heat issues yet, but I'm curious what the total runtime on high would be, bearing in mind that this is probably not a configuration to turn on, set down, walk away from, and check in on occasionally.

Last edited:

m.nadz

Newly Enlightened
This thread makes me miss my E1E. It grew legs and walked off one day about 6 years ago. Guess it's time for a WTB thread.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone seen E1e with this lettering orientation?
d2bac72f-3c1d-a235.jpg

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really love the E-series. And that so much I recently added a E2L to my present collection. Because my E1L(stated at 45lm) has exactly the same brightness as E2L AA that would mean E2L would be dimmer than E1L. Which sounds strange. Earlier I thought E2L would be superfluous when I already have E1L, E2L AA and E2DL. I was wrong.
The very first impression with E2L was that it actually was brighter than E1L and E2L AA. My lightmeter confirmed that's correct. My E2L is 30+% brighter than E1L and E2L AA(and almost half as bright as E2DL). The difference of hotspot intensity is even bigger; I measured 60+% brighter. While the total output is perceived as just a tad higher the hotpot is perceived as significantly more punchy.
I am very pleased that the E2L came with the long clip because E2DL(why in the world?) came with the short clip. However, I changed out the clips between my C2 and E2DL so now the E2DL has a long clip.

I have earlier done tests of the regulated runtime with all of my E-series lights, and yesterday I did it with E2L as well. If it would be of interest I share my results here:

E1L: 90% of initial at 3 hours 30 minutes, 75% at 4 hours, after that the true decline.
E2L AA: 9h 30m(L91), 3+ hours with alkalines and 5+ hours with NiMh(much depending of battery brand and model).
E2L: 5h 40m (Titanium Innovation)
E2DL: 1h 20m (Titanium Innovation)

Because I don't like the teeth of E2DL head I replaced it with a KX2C head. Consider to sell the stock E2DL head, when I will not use it any more.

Here is my present E-Series collection:

14951117.jpg

While all the other of my E-lights have the new Surefire logotype the latest addition has the old:

20498360.jpg

Surefire brightness statements can be a bit confusing. The specs states 60lm, the package 45lm, while the true brightness is closer to 100lm.

32718140.jpg

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
A number of images on this and preceding pages are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Yeah...what emitter is that?

I have a couple of Velenos, but don't remember the emitter sitting that high on the 'pedestal'.

Also, has anyone had their Veleno upgraded to an XP-G2 yet? Just wondering how much it changes things

grayhighh

Enlightened
I got the drop-in from CPFMP. The LED is XP-G HCRI 3000k. Still waiting for my E2e to arrive. Sold my E1e and Veleno drop-in and i really regret it.

I'll post a beamshot if anyone would like to see :)

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
I got the drop-in from CPFMP. The LED is XP-G HCRI 3000k. Still waiting for my E2e to arrive. Sold my E1e and Veleno drop-in and i really regret it.

I'll post a beamshot if anyone would like to see :)
Is someone manufacturing them now, or are they old units?

Also - CPFMP - why is there a separate forum, requiring a separate registration (and an additional 3 junk posts)? Maybe there's some history I'm missing...

Last edited:

Latest posts