dZcU6Mcl.jpg

OA46A6ml.jpg

Ed8QRDVl.jpg

219b triple 4500k
yKMpVhSl.jpg

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
ven,
I always enjoy your additions to "The flashlight family at home and at work" series. You have good photography skills.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
My first E-Series lights, a couple of E2Ds. Upon receipt I immediately betrayed my noobishness by trying to install batteries from the tail end. :sssh:

27089980098_d0f0b62ec2_c.jpg

Both are in wonderful condition, though they seem to come from different vintages. Judging from the serial numbers, the bottom light is older, its anodizing shinier and a bit uneven in places. The top has a more matte finish.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_20180401_120442.jpg

Happy E ster.

Welcome back CPF.

Bykfixer
Notice on your EDCL2-T has a substitute tailcap (i think?) I was considering purchasing the little brother EDCL1-T which is supplied with a "gas pedal" twisty tailcap. I'm not finding reviews, or much feedback on either model. Is the edc tailcaps (or other functions) problematic in your opinion?

*Or just your personal preference, don't like a twisty?
Thanks!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Oh the gas pedal is great. I swapped it onto the Backup body at the top of the photo and used the clicky from the Backup on the 2-T.
Some lego action made a couple of lights in the photo into different output and interfaces.

The 1 cell Backup in the photo now has the gas pedal setup similar to the 1-T you are thinking of acquring down the road. I like the absolutely spotlight looking beam from the EB1c Backup light. But the 1-T has been said to reach out as far as the EB1 yet provide a much better cone shape to the beam by lighting up the area outside the spot better.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?439979-SUREFIRE-EDCL-2T

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?441036-Surefire-EDCL1-T

Here's what some CPFr's had to say (including the original thinker JJ). They were some of the first to use them.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
hey byk what e heads have you got to work with a low/high using the new gas pedal switch? Any e series head that i lego with the new gas pedal switch only gives me momentary/ twist constant on. Only my old lx2/aviator legos will give me a low/ high on different heads

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I don't have a large selection so all I can say is the EB1/2 works. I have an EB1 and read the EB2 works.
My AZ2 head didn't do 2 settings, just high.
I had read others say LX2 as well.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Ah i figured it out, so i have several eb1-c 200 lumens 1 eb1-c 300 lumens and 2 eb2-c 500 lumens. On the heads they're marked 1 of 3 ways: hot surface, hot surface/qr code with a short serial number or hot surface/qr code with a short serial number but with a -c on the end. The new gas pedal switch works as a monentary/ constant on only with the heads with the -c on them, the other 2 types of heads it works like how the gas pedal is suppose to work. Very interesting

Edit: arg i thought i was on to something but this theory isnt true for my silver eb1 or my 2 e2d defender ultras hmmm weird. There must be some circuitry in certain heads that reconizes the gas pedal

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Interesting.

My black EB1c has a serial number (w/qr code) and hot surface while my silver EB1c only has the hot surface on the head. The gas pedal works on each of those.

One thing I like about the gas pedal vs my A2 Aviators is the distance of travel from low to high when using it for momentary. You have to really want high mode to achieve high mode.
But for constant that means several more twists to go from low to high. So there is that.
(Now by twists I don't mean full rotation of the tailcap but meant the twist action where your fingers "twist" the tailcap a 1/4 to 1/3 rotation with each action.)