Surefire E1B Backup (Pics Included)

H2Orower

Enlightened
H2Orower, you are killing me with these E1B pics.:)
Mine arrived today and the Z68 tailcap should be in tomorrow. Good to know that the gain in OAL is minimal, thanks.

Didn't mean to add to your suspense:grin2:. I'm just having a little fun learning to use the macro mode on my digital camera, and trying to provide some helpful responses to others questions at the same time. Enjoy your new toy!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are killing me too! :whistle:

Probably, in a few weeks, I´m gonna order one E1B for me too... Still thinking about it.

Where can I buy a new tailcap for it ?

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me see if I understand...

If I have a Backup, I can use the E2D LED tailclickie, for example ?

No problem if the Backup is 1xCR123 and the E2D LED is 2xCR123 ??

The hi/lo circuitry is in the head, not the tailcap - you can use any tailcap that will fit. However, I would not use one of the tailcaps that implements a hi/lo choice via a resistor in the tailcap - keep it simple.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, you guys are killing me. I might have to order one of those Z68 tailcaps (my planned purchase of a BOG Q5 drop-in for my 6PL might have to wait :D). I notice in one of the pictures above, the Z68 looks to have shinier finish than the E1B. Can you get them in more of a matt finish? Are they HAIII?

Robert

H2Orower

Enlightened
Let me see if I understand...

If I have a Backup, I can use the E2D LED tailclickie, for example ?

No problem if the Backup is 1xCR123 and the E2D LED is 2xCR123 ??

Yes, and vice versa.

img1235zt8.jpg

Here's another pic to make the decision more interesting.:ohgeez:
You might even like the defender cap better than the Z68. My E2DL cap pictured here appears to be slightly blacker/shinier than my Z68 cap. It's possible that my Z68 has dulled a bit because I've been carrying and using it for a month now and the E2DL cap is brand new. Also, as others have said elsewhere on CPF, there is always a possibility of very slight shade differences between the hard anodization.

img1228vc9.jpg

Sorry for the slight blurr. I gave up trying to get it perfect.

img1230co0.jpg

img1226rm5.jpg

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can even put the E2DL head on the E1B body...but you'll have to use a 3.7 v RCR123 to power it. But it looks deadly! :)

e1dlb.jpg

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a cool look! I don't have any of those particular batteries though, otherwise, I'd have to try that myself.:grin2:

Yeah, Surefire LEGO is fun. This is my favorite set up...the KX2-BK head, E1B body, E1e-BK tail. More grip. Again, you have to use an RCR123 3.7 v battery. Perfect for every day use since it's guilt-free lumen. A lot of people buy them from Lighthound...including myself. :)

e1b_kx2_e1e_tail.jpg

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
IReally enjoy playing Lego lights with SF and compatible parts! I really dig the "E1d-L" I used to carry. But I say it really is not a smooth move to have the E1B accepting only primaries. The KL-1 series always (IIRC) could accept a li-ion. really blows the deal for me and the Optic's HQ heads sound like the way to go, but may not (from the one review I read) be as reliable. Oh bother... VG

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
Thats a good set-up to consider. I have a fix in place for now that I posted after yours here. Thanks for the info, which is a good alternative. But I am leaving my 2 L1's alone with their excellent lanyards.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Just curious... how much are the Z68 tailcaps going for?

I'm liking the looks of all these pictures with a Z68 on an E1B. :rolleyes:

Latest posts