Surefire E1E, what drop in LED?

mhubble

Enlightened
DHart - is that the single stage or the two stage version. Also what kind of runtimes are you getting with it. thanks.

EDIT - Ive got a single stage for the e2e and love it. Very bright and great runtimes. I had tried the two stage but couldnt get the runtimes out of it like I did with the single stage.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
DHart - is that the single stage or the two stage version. Also what kind of runtimes are you getting with it. thanks.

EDIT - Ive got a single stage for the e2e and love it. Very bright and great runtimes. I had tried the two stage but couldnt get the runtimes out of it like I did with the single stage.

Mine is the single stage head, 3v-10v version, so useable with one or two rechargeable cells. I've used it on three bodies: E1e w/1*RCR123, E2 w/2*RCR123, and FM 16340 w/1*RCR123. Great results with each, but I have not yet tested run times. I need to do that!:duh2:

How much of a hit in runtime is there with the two-stage version?

mhubble

Enlightened
How much of a hit in runtime is there with the two-stage version?

What happens with the two stage version is when the batteries drop to a certain level (after about 45 min at full brightness) it will automatically drop to the low setting. This is with lithium cr123. With my single stage version(2 cell) I get about 1.5 hours of full brightness and another 2 hours of deminishing light.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happens with the two stage version is when the batteries drop to a certain level (after about 45 min at full brightness) it will automatically drop to the low setting. This is with lithium cr123. With my single stage version(2 cell) I get about 1.5 hours of full brightness and another 2 hours of deminishing light.

Wow... I would much prefer the single stage in that case.

Have you tested the difference with rechargeables?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best grab them while you can - these are a hot item.

If the website doesn't cooperate, you can make a paypal notice in the thread here.

Failing that, the fellow that sells the UBH also has an E2C adapter available for sale.

-Trevor

totalazneclipse

Newly Enlightened
The TLS head is pretty tempting. I guess for now I'll keep the c2 as my edc and save up for a TLS head or pick up a E2C and use my M60 with my E1E. It'll look like a frankenlight

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a couple of E2C adaptors from Eric/TnT. They are awesome. First thing I did was grab an E1e body, E2C adaptor, AW IMR16340, 6P head and a Malkoff P7 lamp assembly... screwed it all together and voila... gorgeous, brilliant wall of light! Yes, the head's a bit chunky for such a tiny body, but not a problem at all and the versatility is fantastic. It will be fun trying different light assemblies on the little E1e. I do recommend the E2C adaptor for expanding your lego fun.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't ruin an excellent light with some LED modification... Get a a better lamp assembly from Lumens Factory and have great fun with your upgraded pocket wonder.

Bushman5

Enlightened
Where do you buy these heads? i just bought a E1E, and while the low beam is cute, its expensive to keep plugging CR123's into 10 times a day.....

TLS-E1e_2567.jpg

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bushman... honestly, a stock E1e is incredibly enemic... but wait till you pop the TLE head on it! WOW.

I got the single-stage output version for the E2, which I use with a single AW protected 16340 on the E1e and also on a Fivemega E-series 17500 tube with an AW 17500.

They're available from opticshq. And there is a Candlepowerforum discount as well... send an e-mail note to [email protected] mentioning the forum and you'll get the discount.

http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/PROD/Surefire-Accessories/FL-TLS-TX2-1