SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If I were one who bought / received one and was unhappy with it, but it was in perfect nick, would I list it at that price here on 09/23/23 given current market for it?

Only if I cared nothing about money. That's a tough sell.
I can absolutely see where you're coming from, but you have an even harder time convincing me that there is even a single soul here who has not benefited from someone deciding they didn't like something and not wanting to waste time trying to get top dollar. Sometimes you just want it gone and out of your hair.

If I had any interest in this light at all I'd be looking at the ad immediately and buying it if it looked good. Some here may even remember about 10 years ago when I would buy multiple lights on a daily basis, but they always had to at least be interesting, and this one is not.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can absolutely see where you're coming from, but you have an even harder time convincing me that there is even a single soul here who has not benefited from someone deciding they didn't like something and not wanting to waste time trying to get top dollar. Sometimes you just want it gone and out of your hair.

If I had any interest in this light at all I'd be looking at the ad immediately and buying it if it looked good. Some here may even remember about 10 years ago when I would buy multiple lights on a daily basis, but they always had to at least be interesting, and this one is not.
I get that, but...

I have not shopped for one, but from all I gather, today, these things are selling before the ink is dry on an ad, with people standing in line to get them - even marked up. I have a very hard time believing that anyone would need any time to sell one 'like new' at prevailing prices. That's an even "tougher sell" for me, and is inconsistent with what I've read here. I also have no expectations that anyone else would look at this as I do though, so don't worry; I absolutely believe that you would do what you say you would do. Do I understand it? No. Then again, I don't need to understand it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
...I absolutely believe that you would do what you say you would do. Do I understand it? No. Then again, I don't need to understand it.
You should have seen the CPF Marketplace 10 years ago....nothing but:takeit: posts all over the place!! A lot of it didn't make sense then either, but we had fun with it!

Anyway, the bottom line on this light for me is absolutely zero interest in getting one, so it won't be me hitting the Buy it Now button.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big Tex Ordnance has black EDC2's in stock.

Any idea if the tail threads are common E Series tail cap compatible? I'm curious if a shrouded Z68 would fit.

Last edited:

leng

Newly Enlightened
Big Tex Ordnance has black EDC2's in stock.

Any idea if the tail threads are common E Series tail cap compatible? I'm curious if a shrouded Z68 would fit.
It fits...but it's not as wide as the tailcap that comes with it and there's a 'ledge' where they connect.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
A low price does not mean it could be a fake. I bought a new e2d once when the 1000/5 lm version came out for only 80 bucks on ebay. It was not a fake and it worked well, except that on 16650 it didn't work brightly, that upset me

There is a feeling that they go from one extreme to another. From almost Flood Light switched to Thrower..

For me, the best beam shape so far is R1 and 6РХ. Just need to add power, copper board for better cooling and support for 21700 and 18650. But with the release of M61HOT V2, this is no longer so good

If SF had installed a selective ring and a gas pedal on the EDC DFT, but the ring was only responsible for selecting the setting, for example 4 ring positions:
partial press/full press
- Max / Max
- Max / Strobe
- Min / Max
- Max / Min

It would have been very good, despite the 500 lm and narrow beam

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A low price does not mean it could be a fake. I bought a new e2d once when the 1000/5 lm version came out for only 80 bucks on ebay. It was not a fake....
But it was the older version. New one came out, seller likely decided it was worth the upgrade. Might as well sell the old one and get some funds for the new one. But these DFT models are new, hot and wildly popular! Honestly, if that one isn't fake; then it's likely defective. Seller likely contacted SF, and was told the same thing. Sorry, it's going to be at least a couple of months. So, he tossed it up for sale at a reduced price. Just to be done with it.

Take your pick. But when was the last time you saw a new model Rolex being sold by its private owner at a reduced price? Fake or defective. Heck, fake! A defective Rolex can be fixed much more easily than a defective DFT.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
But it was the older version. New one came out, seller likely decided it was worth the upgrade. Might as well sell the old one and get some funds for the new one. But these DFT models are new, hot and wildly popular! Honestly, if that one isn't fake; then it's likely defective. Seller likely contacted SF, and was told the same thing. Sorry, it's going to be at least a couple of months. So, he tossed it up for sale at a reduced price. Just to be done with it.

Take your pick. But when was the last time you saw a new model Rolex being sold by its private owner at a reduced price? Fake or defective. Heck, fake! A defective Rolex can be fixed much more easily than a defective DFT.
No, I meant that when the new E2D 1000/5 model came out, that's what I bought, about 2-3 months after it appeared on the market. She was new at that very moment in time

Anything can happen, I saw how new construction electric tools were sold in a pawn shop at a price of 30-40% of the cost in the store. Perhaps that eBay seller was a pawn shop where these lights were taken for sale. Pawn shops are full of cool, inexpensive items :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No, I meant that when the new E2D 1000/5 model came out, that's what I bought, about 2-3 months after it appeared on the market. She was new at that very moment in time
Thank you for clarifying. In that case you got a rare, sweet deal.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wondering if that's intentional or.... is that just supposed to just be a 2nd O-ring? SureFire accidentally put a defective one on there.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Appears thin flat ring underneath is lifting the larger main oring higher into the head counterbore for better sealing
Something like this is where the better Made in China brands got it right, and American brands got it wrong. The Chinese ones provide spare O-rings when you buy one of their lights. Sometimes spare boot covers too. Maybe I'm wrong, but guessing you don't get spare O-rings with these new SF models. Not even a listing in the manual telling owners which size the O-rings are so they can replace them years later.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
PK FL2 LE provided 2x grooves for orings on the tail.. So OAL is an 1/8 longer, my pocket will never know the extra length, and most importantly extra waterproof..

+1 on listing sizes in owners manuals.. Figuring out o-ring sizes, especially metric, after being used and worn, is a first class pia!

IMG_20230928_160206123_HDR.jpg

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something like this is where the better Made in China brands got it right, and American brands got it wrong. The Chinese ones provide spare O-rings when you buy one of their lights. Sometimes spare boot covers too. Maybe I'm wrong, but guessing you don't get spare O-rings with these new SF models. Not even a listing in the manual telling owners which size the O-rings are so they can replace them years later.
Might be PRC made lights only have spares with exported lights, due to return distance time and cost. Cost to return SF in USA, not so much. Possible explanation, I don't really know.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Might be PRC made lights only have spares with exported lights, due to return distance time and cost. Cost to return SF in USA, not so much. Possible explanation, I don't really know.
Problem is, SureFire and other brands do ship worldwide also.
But, no spares.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
It feels like they made a mistake and made the groove too wide on this batch, so they had to add an extra flat ring to keep the main ring from wobbling and working well. We need to look at this place after some time and after several batches of lanterns. While it's unlikely they'll change the blueprint, it's cheaper to just add a ring each time

Spare rings are a big problem, at least for me, I only have sets of standard car rings that are too thick for lights. But fortunately there is the Internet and I can order anything :) True, sometimes have to wait 3-4 months