Surefire M4

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing will work like WA1111 in bored out M4 with 2 new protected 18650 (3100mAh)

Beautiful color temperature, Acceptable run time safe and good bulb life.

Please note:

All MN G4 bi-pin sockets are gone and no more left also no plan for another run. So, enjoy it if you already have one.

I just walked around the backyard looking for black widow spiders with an M4 with your G4 bi-pin socket & WA1111. The bright incandescent light is perfect for the job! Those who don't have one of your bi-pin sockets should stalk the MarketPlace for a used socket! You are a genius!

slingsy

Newly Enlightened
Great looking light, I just bought a used m4 off ebay, very excited to use it for the first time as its not only the biggest light (physically) it is my first Incan and will be the brightest of the bunch. It will remain stock but I did pick up a Seraph p7 to have some fun with and not bankrupt me with primary's. - its in transit.

It will be coming with a surefire holster, SC2 spares carrier, the included MN60, MN61 unopened and an extra MN60 unopened. All included with the original box, ring and lanyard.

I feel as though I got a decent deal but it is second hand and I'd much preferred a brand new one, but as I live in Australia it's abit difficult.

How much should they be going for second hand in good-reasonable condition?, if you can even get one new, how much?

I would probably like to buy another one some day, does anyone know of any online sellers that sell discontinued/older surefire models new? The only catch is I need them to ship to Australia.

Thanks, Luke.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great looking light, I just bought a used m4 off ebay, very excited to use it for the first time as its not only the biggest light (physically) it is my first Incan and will be the brightest of the bunch. It will remain stock but I did pick up a Seraph p7 to have some fun with and not bankrupt me with primary's. - its in transit.

It will be coming with a surefire holster, SC2 spares carrier, the included MN60, MN61 unopened and an extra MN60 unopened. All included with the original box, ring and lanyard.

I feel as though I got a decent deal but it is second hand and I'd much preferred a brand new one, but as I live in Australia it's abit difficult.

How much should they be going for second hand in good-reasonable condition?, if you can even get one new, how much?

I would probably like to buy another one some day, does anyone know of any online sellers that sell discontinued/older surefire models new? The only catch is I need them to ship to Australia.

Thanks, Luke.

Prety sure I paid 250USD for mine with both bulbs, lanyard and ring, no batteries or box.
that was a few years back, and it was used, but in very good condition (the knurling still felt almost new)

Its a great light, improved only by a pair of 17670 (I prefer AW protected) and a Lumensfactory M3T bulb for guilt free lumens.
the LF LED head is pretty cool too, but I actually prefer the Incan LA in the Millenium Turbohead.
i will try a Malkoff tower eventually though

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Luke.

Try opticsplanet.com -- I bought my M4 there brand new in the box for $199 shipped, however I'm not sure they ship to Australia, and I'm sure they would charge additional shipping but it's worth a shot.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, Luke.

Slingsy, I have done this with others in Australia, and will do the same for you, as I think everyone should be able to enjoy such wonderful works of craftsmanship (plus it's just "paying it forward" or a good will gesture to my fellow man). If you order it, have it shipped to my addy, I can ship it to Oz for actual shipping cost, which will be a little (or a lot) less than what you would pay online. You can talk to several other of the CPF'ers from Oz that I have done this for, if you have any doubts about my integrity. You can ask James Miller, maelstrom, to name a few. Shoot me a PM if interested.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slingsy, I have done this with others in Australia, and will do the same for you, as I think everyone should be able to enjoy such wonderful works of craftsmanship (plus it's just "paying it forward" or a good will gesture to my fellow man). If you order it, have it shipped to my addy, I can ship it to Oz for actual shipping cost, which will be a little (or a lot) less than what you would pay online. You can talk to several other of the CPF'ers from Oz that I have done this for, if you have any doubts about my integrity. You can ask James Miller, maelstrom, to name a few. Shoot me a PM if interested.

That is extremely cool of you.

ganymede

Enlightened

AOW,

That is very kind of you!

slingsy

Newly Enlightened

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love this forum so much more, I will definitely take you up on your offer AOW, I will pm you when I'm ready to buy, Do you have a preferred reputable website for Surefires that you use personally that I could purchase from?

If it isn't to much trouble on your end and the website has a few more things that are pricey and hard to find, could they be thrown in the box?
I'd be looking to get 2 z58 and 1 z68.

Thanks again AOW and thanks to all the other great replies, Luke.

Last edited:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I don't mean to throw a spanner into the works but I'm selling a like-new M4-CB (with box, lanyard, both bulbs, batteries, manual etc...) for US$190 plus shipping. I'm also selling the M6 for US$230. I'm located in Singapore so shipping to Australia should be slightly cheaper! Just throwing it out there!

T45

Enlightened
Dang! Now you guys have me wanting a M4, if for nothing else than for the name alone! Hmmm, An M4 would look nice next to my M3.....

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The coolest thing about the M4, IMO, is the ability to run M3T lamp assemblies on 2x17670 with zero modification. You can go back to primaries by switching out the LA for an M4 compatible model, or carry a CR123 dummy cell with you and run 3 primaries when your li-ions run dry.

It is also fairly easy to slip into your pocket and carry around the campsite with the turbo head sticking out.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
My second M4 us in it's way to me.
Unfortunately i got it backward. I ceracoated a flawless new one and will have an ugly beater.
Both cb with sw01.

Pics to follow.

Also I'm posting because i wanted to know if i can run the MN61 off 3x IMR 16340 safely, like the MN60

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately i got it backward. I ceracoated a flawless new one and will have an ugly beater.
Both cb with sw01.

Pics to follow.

Also I'm posting because i wanted to know if i can run the MN61 off 3x IMR 16340 safely, like the MN60

I think it will be overdriven on that combo, but I can tell you it works. Just not sure what kind of bulb life you could expect.

According to wquiles the optimal voltage range for the MN61 is 8.7V – 9.5V, and with 3 IMRs you're pushing 12.6v fresh off the charger.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
No Surefire incan collector/user (or crazed CPFer) is complete without a M3, M4 and a M6! :devil:

Well said...I own all of them and agree wholeheartedly

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well said...I own all of them and agree wholeheartedly
I'm not an SF Collector, or a Crazy CPFer (ok maybe I am, I do have 2 Maxabeams) but I also have the M3,M4,M6 Trinity
All users, all running LF bulbs and 2x AW protected cells.

I actually like the M4 the best, it is light, fits nicely in the hand, is easily stuffed in a pocket.

The M6 is nice too though, as is the M3

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both cb with sw01.

Pics to follow.

I have to say that a M4CB/M3TCB with a SW01 fatty are the most beautiful Surefires ever. They both personify the "Surefire Golden Years" when LEDs were still struggling to outshine incand lights without melting. I have run the MN60 & MN61 on 6xIMR16340s in an M6 and also 3xIMR16340 in an M3. I did not blow up either of them. However running lamps designed for use with primary cells and overdriving them using rechargeables has a 50/50 risk of destroying them. A brand new P91 on 2xIMR18650 lasted less than 10 seconds when I turned it on, while other members on CPF have been using them successfully over some time. Running Surefire incand lamps on rechargeables always is a gamble.