SureFire R1 Lawman

Lodogg2221

Newly Enlightened
Available now for $341 and change at BrightGuy

Guess Ill have to call and see if they actually have it IN STOCK. Optics planet said theirs is pre-order only, and if they dont have it no-one else does either. I call BS on that, but searching the web turns up little to no results with regard to this light being for sale anywhere....Opticsplanet and eBay are the only two that come up.

Im hoping to be able to get it for around $320, but not holding my breath. Was also hoping it would be shipping by now too, but not surprising from Surefire. I guess most times the wait is worth it though.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Now would be a great time for Led Lenser to upgrade the M7R to a Cree XML.

The M7R is regulated, rechargeable, and sells for approx $54.00.

Last edited:

Melson

Newly Enlightened
The price is kind of disappointing to me. If it was 250 I would eventually succumb to its pull and buy one :)

I wonder if they have plans to release the UNR Commander or UBR Invictus Rechargeable that were showcased at SHOT Show.

It looks like someone needs to do a Fenix RC10 vs Surefire Lawman review :whistle: Any takers?? :D

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additional feature, special donut holder feature. You can stack 4 donuts through the handle.

Lodogg2221

Newly Enlightened
The price is kind of disappointing to me. If it was 250 I would eventually succumb to its pull and buy one :)

I wonder if they have plans to release the UNR Commander or UBR Invictus Rechargeable that were showcased at SHOT Show.

It looks like someone needs to do a Fenix RC10 vs Surefire Lawman review :whistle: Any takers?? :D

Considering the LX2 was over $200 originally, Id have had a hard time believing they could get this one done for under $300. Price isnt too bad considering.
I was all set to pull the trigger yesterday, but figure I dont have to have it right now, Ill wait until more places have them in stock and see if the price goes down at all.

Looking at the UNR Commander (another new one on my list of things I want but wont be able to justify, lol), the body looks identical. Id guess the tail cap is different due to the different switch advertised, and obviously the head since its a TIR lens. Given that, it shouldnt be too awful long before its released. Id bet it will be close to $400.

On my list of lights to buy, should they be released is the UM2 Ultra and the LX2 Ultra. Might also sell my E1B and get the EB1, or keep it and have both...lol.

A guy could go broke fast buying Surefires, but so far, all of mine have been well worth the cost.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's thicker than the Fury, which is 1.0" diameter. It's a little thinner than the Stinger DS LED.

Beamshot (pretty much identical to the Fury):

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to try to coincide my review with the official announcement, which is planned for Thursday. SureFire's website will direct customers to dealers and will not be taking orders for the first 30 days, but dealer orders have been fulfilled so they should start showing up as being in-stock.

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
Good review. One question though. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get medium and low settings. The manual doesn't say how either. =(

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you only have high from both the head and tail switches? I think Program Set 3 is actually the default one, not Program Set 1 (mine came with Program Set 3 as default, and it seems like yours did too), so you'll need to change the program set. Twist the tail switch to constant on, then press and hold the head switch until the light turns off. That will advance the program set to the next one.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello recharging port and status light..

42056395.jpg

Is this even shower proof considering the charging hole is exposed?