**Team CandlePowerForums** for SETI@home !

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hah! U guys r killing it!!
I've been running my little laptop flat out for three days hehe.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm reading "The Three Body Problem"
which has some SETI going on.
It's pretty good!
No spoilers :)

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see that Alaric Darconville is coming on strong too he must have his system firing on all cylinders.
Running it on 88% of CPUs (7 of my 8 cores) at 65% duty cycle, plus the in-chip graphics (HD 530) and my GTX 970.
'Course, playing WoW or Ark: Survival Evolved means not crunching work units.

(I wonder how much quicker a GTX 1070 or 1080 would be than the 970...)

Our team is #176 for now!

Last edited:

whill44

Enlightened
I felt a warm breeze as you went by whill44!! :twothumbs

Well, everything is back to normal. I've had my 15 min's in front and am looking forward to a rest from trail blazing. Millguy was such a gentleman as he walked quietly by with a little wave, as if to say thanks for the break but your in my spot.... :D

whill44

Enlightened
You were really flying.:rock: Whats causing you to back off?

I'm only using the computers i have at home. Now that it's cooler the one i built to run seti 24/7 is going full blast and doing very well. However it's old tech compared to the more recent stuff. I also have another cheap (goodwill) computer I'm running just to help out. These two win10 computers are the bulk of my contribution to the effort, mainly because I have no real use for windows and they can crunch right along without interference. Now my 2015 imac is another seti crunching beast and really helps to push us up, but I use it for everything including home entertainment. It was very expensive to buy and would be almost impossible to repair, and because Apple worries more about looks than heat removal it runs to hot for my liking when on seti. I don't want to start a Apple vs PC bashing contest. I'm very happy to own and use Apple products and in every other way they are what i like in a computer. Just not where seti is concerned at lest as far as the imacs go.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I left my comp on for 3days during thanksgiving;)
Grinded a few more credits. Running right now for a little