The great toilet seat debate

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
SheDevil said:
If I visti a male friends house and the seat is up, I put it down and then return it to where it was. I have "hovered" over many nasty toliet seats in womens public bathrooms.

This is a chicken-and-egg situation. The reason that some seats are nasty is because other visitors prior to you were hovering also. If women got out of the habit of hovering, the problem would resolve by itself.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
gadget_lover said:
I tend to close the cover before flushing. It makes it quieter and less misting. I did this at my mom's house and she called the next day. She'd rushed in in the middle of the night. The furry lid cover felt enough like the seat that she didn't realize it till it was too late.

That's pretty funny. I know I've urinated on the furry lid cover several times in the past (it's always up, and I don't turn the lights on to "go" in the middle of the night). It goes straight to the wash, BTW. Something similar, I once sleep-walked into the bathroom and lifted the lid of the hamper, thinking it was the toilet, and "went." I didn't realize what I had done until I was all finished.

About the post where the poster says he's heard that some women pretend they're a hovercraft while going.... lol, that's cracking me up each time I read it because I'm actually picturing the women making hovercraft noises.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The "hovering" issue is a significant one. A wet toilet seat can be a means of disease transmission. Not for AIDS, but certainly for things like hepatitis. There needs to be a better means of dealing with this. I did see a little dispenser of disinfectant once in a restroom stall; the idea is you dab a little bit of this stuff on a bit of toilet paper and wipe the seat with it, thus disinfecting it. This is a really cool idea and would solve the messy seat issue for either gender.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
WDW Florida.

Above every toilet seat is a container full of disposable paper seat covers.

At every attraction site.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvidledUK said:
WDW Florida.

Above every toilet seat is a container full of disposable paper seat covers.

At every attraction site.
Most public restrooms (Loo's) have those covers. You can even buy a small travel pack of them at Rite-Aid (similar to a "Boots" store).

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
mini-seat001.jpg

mini-seat003.jpg

'Nuff Said!!

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
where did you ever get the glow in the dark toilet seat?? :grin2: I like it.

panflute

Newly Enlightened
Nice glow uin the dark seat...but I have to say the best seat I ever had was the Home Depot pneumatic seat that softly floats down....no more slamming noises from the bathroom! It saves me from bending over at least a few times a day X 365 adds up to a lot of bending! (or slamming as it were....)

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
at last a chance to brag about my crapper

not only a pnuematic seat closer, but a button on the remote control just for her!

toto-jasminremotecontrol.jpg

toto-jasminpulsatingwater.jpg

toto-jasmingentlemassage.jpg

hey nothing is easy..but I bet my butt is cleaner than yours! :thumbsup: :goodjob:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm dying to hear more about the cyber crapper. My boss reads these korean fashion magazines and there are ads in there for these electronic toilets. It actually looks like it's supposed to clean your butt for you with the washing functions and stuff. What's up with all that, exactly? Do you wipe first and the sit back down for the wash and dry?

What exactly are those massage jets massaging?

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign: wow whoda thunk my throne would create such a stir, so to speak?

but I can understand, after all this is one part of life that hasn't changed much since us homos got sapiened... until; the Toto!

To answer your questions; the seat warmer feature comes with the Toto 'Jasmine' model, but I turned it off. The hot seat is programmable so it need not be on all night, but warms up based on a schedule you can enter to save electricity.. good if your a regular sort and live in a cold climate, I hear it is a great feature for those of us with cold seats, but not necessary here in S. CA..

I use the squirter to cleanse my butt first, then follow up with paper.
After using it for a couple years, I don't know how I would deal with having to 'go' without it..so far, that hasn't been necessary, thank heffens...

I did try a portable hand held unit, (yup, you load it with water and batteries and you're ready for anything) but it broke..

The only maintenance the Jasmine has needed was to have the spray holes in the 'wand' poked clear of a mineral deposit with a thumbtack..

btw it can be adjusted from the remote panel for several levels of pressure, water temperature, wand positioning, warm air blower dryer - also temp. selectable (I don't use that feature either) It also has an odor eliminator that runs for a minute after you get up.. is that civilized, or what?

my brother uses it every time he visits, no matter what time of day. sometimes twice. I swear he must be holding it in till he gets here.. :party:

I'm considering getting a coin-deposit lock for the door...

any more questions?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, what gets massaged with the massage features? Also, you say you wash before wiping. I've imagined using one of these before, but when I imaginarily use it, it makes more of a mess than it cleans. Doesn't the water just hose the mess off to the sides of one's cheeks? It seems it would make the final wipe and dry a lot more work if you had to wipe the whole of the buttocks. Does it use a high pressure wash? Does it spray in the same place or does the stream move around?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Sub Umbra, I keep the lid down - why mist your environment? Flashlights, toothbrushes, paste, floss containers and other stuff that could plug up the pipes can't get into the bowl with the lid down.

The only DOWNside to immediately closing the cover is missing that occassional "floater". ;)

nethiker

Enlightened
panflute said:
...but I have to say the best seat I ever had was the Home Depot pneumatic seat that softly floats down....no more slamming noises from the bathroom!

I have to disagree.

I also have the same seat at home and we think it's the greatest. The problem is however that I now slam every other toilet seat. :)

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
Yeah, what gets massaged with the massage features?[*1] Also, you say you wash before wiping. I've imagined using one of these before, but when I imaginarily use it, it makes more of a mess than it cleans.[2] Doesn't the water just hose the mess off to the sides of one's cheeks?[3] It seems it would make the final wipe and dry a lot more work if you had to wipe the whole of the buttocks.[4] Does it use a high pressure wash?[5] Does it spray in the same place or does the stream move around?[6]
[brackets by TTL)

[*1] I hope you aren't too disappointed to hear that the "massage" is mostly poetry, you are touched by only water.
[2] Isn't imagination a wonderful thing? Maybe Toto could modify a unit for you to be especially sloppy. Maybe an association of Toto with Fox Pepper Spray spatter technology would have an effect more in line with your dreams..?
[3] well yes, of course, that's when the 38 strategically aimed rim jets placed all around the inside of the seat go into action!
[4] and you should see my buttocks! it's a wonder the county doesn't charge me real estate tax on them. As it is it takes several rolls of Brawny to complete the job.
[5] yes..but I was able to plumb in from outside the same pressure washer I use on the car, so that's a savings. Also included are side grab bars to help you remain seated during the 'pressure wash' phase.
[6] it really moves, in fact the massage spray wand is detachable and can be removed from the toilet to do jobs around the house like washing dishes, windows, watering the plants, and filling the dog bowl...

:lolsign: glad to help. pm me if you need clarification on any of the points.