The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

Does anyone know who posted this picture in the forum? I'd like to use it on my website, but not without the permission of the photographer. I cant seem to find it on the forum anymore, I think it broke the 800x800 limit and was removed.

Whoa! Reverse image search: FAILED!

Tineye.com, zero results found.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Might be worth trying PM to ask some of the HID / Short Arc forum members, like @BVH .... There is also a member there called @Northern Lights , whose avatar picture looks similar to that photo :thinking:

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does anyone know who posted this picture in the forum? I'd like to use it on my website, but not without the permission of the photographer. I cant seem to find it on the forum anymore, I think it broke the 800x800 limit and was removed.
My guess is Sergi Boix.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hi Guys!

Just got home from my other job. Will catch up with emails and flashlights stuff soon. Thanks!

Prototype3a

Newly Enlightened

Has anyone played with a Bosch FL12? I'm thinking about getting one but I really wish it had a ~100lm mode in addition to the 330lm output mode.

peturkri

Newly Enlightened

Id say its taken in east coast of iceland! I live there and im exatly there atm! I could go further and say im might even know the peqrson taking this picture ;) .... Hes a potographer and owner of a small cottage in east of iceland and he does alot of taking northenlights photos.... Sugess u just start digging around this facebook page..... His name is Ingi Ragnarsson just ask around at that facebook cottage and hell deffo loan u some pic ;)
https://www.facebook.com/Bragdavellir/

peturkri

Newly Enlightened

Welcome to the club.

You could try to send your diving light to have Vinh take a look at it & see what he can do.

My zebralight H600w MK II has been incredibly reliable and I can't really imagine a better headlamp :)

Ok I think ill just wait few weeks for the new zebralight headlamp comming out for caving.... Gonna be inzane :)

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would be a PolarLi image.

The picture is from this http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-000-lumen-spotlight-project-(with-beamshots) thread.

The light used was a soup pot, I kid you not.

He's posted images from his 1955 Francis restomod of the light. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Arc-Restomod&p=4751624&viewfull=1#post4751624

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

In reference to the responses to the origin of the photo, it amazes me how the Internet has made the earth a very small place! A person in Alaska asks a question about a random picture and someone in Iceland says, Yeah, he's my neighbor.
The earth: one big community. I love it.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got my new TX25Cvn yesterday--it's perfect. So small. So bright.

Too small for a Light Saber, but just as cool.

It's a Light Stiletto.

Fits in the pocket easily--hardly much bigger than a D25C, except for the end of the head. I can't believe they got such a big reflector into such a tiny light.

I also asked Vinh to send me the extension tube that it is sold with--not in order to run 2x 123, since that would kill the DriverVn, but in order to run a 17650. I have a Trustfire 17650 from BJ and that fits just fine, and will surely give better run-times than a 16340. Possibly slightly better performance as well?

I probably won't EDC it with the 17650, just an AW IMR 16340. But I can keep the extension tube and a spare 17650 in my bag.

I highly, highly recommend this thing. Tiny, and wonderfully bright.

The only problem is, that right now I am EDC'ing my new TX25Cvn, plus my SL2C Triple, plus *of course* I cannot go out without my ZL H600w Mk II. And my Atom 123 is so tiny, that I might as well drop that into my pocket anyhow. If strangers don't know any better, they *might* think I'm a bit obsessive about lights!

Nah...ridiculous.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lounge

^^^ I also usually carry like 2or3 lights :)

I wish zebralight didn't press fit their bezels....
The XML2 in my H600W MKII is a tad cooler than my absolute ideal...

I'm thinking of sending my old mini123 that Vinh modded with an XPE2 ~4000k for a possible switch to driver VN if it will fit .. It's been flickering & has seen years of abuse.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

OMG I am going to crazy! I lost my freaking D25Cvn Fiat Lux again!!!!!!!!!!!Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Damn these stupid little lights. Always lose them :-(

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

OMG I am going to crazy! I lost my freaking D25Cvn Fiat Lux again!!!!!!!!!!!Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just sent you an email buddy.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast

The older I get, the worse I sleep. 63 now and a good night's sleep is rare.

That's why I need flashlights!:laughing:
Have you tried melatonin?
For your age, prob 2-3 MG will do.

Starting about age 40 it starts dropping. You can get it over the counter.

Also assess if you snore a tremendous amount.. May need a sleep study.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I cant belive you are 63! That is just a bit younger than my dad! From the way you post I thought you were my age. :)

lumentia

Enlightened

oh man that suuucks! I lost 2 lights in a row a few months ago. Luckily they weren't v54 lights, just a ZLh52 and a Fenix ld02.

Status
Not open for further replies.