The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdawg

Enlightened
Upon reading this today ........Iam hoping this Malkoff failure is an isolated incident ...........Ive just purchased 10 of these lights thinking they were top notch ........
Even if .........he does claim to warranty them for life.
I know you cant totally count on China lights to work , Ive had a few failures ......... but hearing the Malkoff failure makes me think Ive made a mistake.
I havent had any troubles as of yet but Iam not an everyday user or hard core user.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upon reading this today ........Iam hoping this Malkoff failure is an isolated incident ...........Ive just purchased 10 of these lights thinking they were top notch ........
I know you cant totally count on China lights to work , Ive had a few failures ......... but hearing the Malkoff failure makes me think Ive made a mistake.
I havent had any troubles as of yet but Iam not an everyday user or hard core user.
I am sure everyone here can vouch for Malkoff lights reliability. Everything can fail, it's all about how often it does that makes it reliable or not.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

That was frustrating to read.

What I mean is it's kinda like reading how many many experienced drivers purchase a particular brand of tire, then swear by said brand...then one guy who ran over a bottle said his tire went flat, then others began to think maybe a recent purchase of that brand of tire may not have been a good idea.

Of course things go wrong with anything electronic. But members here trust and reccomend the Malkoff brand simply because it's a product made by hand with the thought that each may make a difference between life and death. And made by a fellow who stakes his reputation on each product that he sells...all the way down to adapter rings or extra lenses...

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I don't have the entire lights but do run the Malloff drops within SFs. No real issues for years, in fact one of the few lights I really trust. The Fenix E01 is in that same camp and yes that one is a "China light" but admit a soft spot for made in the USA and more so when it is the best. Nothing made by humans will ever be 100 percent given the nature of the universe. I worked that out around 5 th grade. I think these are about as best in terms of reliability as a light is going to get IMHO.

nbp

Flashaholic
This thread is not about the dependability of Chinese lights, it's about Malkoffs. Just sayin.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I am proud to say that I am a first and new owner of Malkoff MDC SHO and MD2. The MDC is so nice and compact. Feels really durable and love the deep carry pocket clip. The MD2 also feels really nice, like my old 6P. I also LOVE that this light tailstands as oppose to my Elzetta Bravo.

I really hope it holds up for hard tactical use. I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to say that Malkoff M61LLL 219 looks really good on 2x18650 or 3x123 and is way to dim and wrong tint on anything less.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
Guys I am using an XTAR VP2 charger that I bought last year, so it's still very new only used a few times.

I will take a picture of the batteries I used so I can provide exact brands to eliminate guess work.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I am using an XTAR VP2 charger that I bought last year, so it's still very new only used a few times.

I will take a picture of the batteries I used so I can provide exact brands to eliminate guess work.

I "use" my M61s exclusively with both singular and dual Li-Ions cells. A 3400 mAh 18650 should deliver full regulated output with an M61 for over an hour, followed by a multi-hour long reduction in output. If you've got multiple M61s and M91s that only run for a very short period of time, you most likely have a charger problem. There's no need to provide photos of your batteries.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up! Love the new clip design.... can you say tail-stand???

dhunley1

Enlightened
I wonder if they're going to change the clip on the 1AA model? Seems like that kind of clip would make more sense on a longer light like that. If so, I kind of wish I would of held off on buying one. I was thinking about picking up a cr123 model, but I actually think I would prefer the old deep carry clip for that one.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
Does anyone have any info on an M61LL XML T6? I've searched and searched and can't find a dang thing about it.
If anyone knows anything about this particular drop-in and would like to share the knowledge, I'd definitely appreciate it.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, the M61 XM-L2 drop-ins that were part of a multi-unit experimental run were only made in full powered and L variants.

If is fully possible that Gene created custom M61 XM-L drop-ins back when he was creating custom products.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Has anyone tried to take apart the Judco type switch and change out the rubber cover? After many years of service, the rubber on one of my switches is giving out. I prefer these switches to the newer type, so I would rather overhaul this old one with some new rubber than buy new switches.

KSjxtJ0.jpg

wxx4Cnw.jpg

bRaFbI4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.