The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't say "game" per se. The coupon code was public knowledge and distributed by Surefire itself.

I'm not too internet savvy, but I have ordered quite a few things from a few different vendors over/on the web. What I have found to be almost universal with such orders is that there is no such thing as "coupon stacking" or "additional discounts codes" that can be used - especially when a $95 item has been discounted deeply to $38.

My guess is that most of the very same folks that tried to use such an additional discount code on the already steeply discounted price of the 6PX were (somewhat) shocked that said code went through. Many of those same folks are now acting all indignant that SF essentially is saying that no additional codes or discounts could have been used with their already very generous offer. I don't have the original page saved from that sale, but I'd bet there was something in writing -no matter how small or its location - that stated as much.

As such, for me, those folks are not gamers "per se," they are simply gamers.

What's truly the issue is that this is not the first, nor the second, but at least the third year in a row that this has happened. Each time they've inexplicably have some "software error" thats leads this happening on BF. In the aftermath, they either fail to deliver or demand more money. That's the main issue at root here. If you need more context, check out the ARF thread on the BF discount. 19 pages of dissatisfaction and general abhorrence.

General abhorrence from gamers means zilch to me, and, coincidentialy, to SF as well. SF is being more than generous by offering such folks the ability to purchase the light at the same deeply discounted price as it was for their Cyber Monday Sale. Good on them. For folks to question the integrity of SF because they are telling people what they probably already knew to be true is the very definition of grandstanding...

choombak

Enlightened
I wouldn't say "game" per se. The coupon code was public knowledge and distributed by Surefire itself.

What's truly the issue is that this is not the first, nor the second, but at least the third year in a row that this has happened. Each time they've inexplicably have some "software error" thats leads to this happening on BF. In the aftermath, they either fail to deliver or demand more money.

Even more so disconcerting is the blatant lie that the items were backordered. It wouldn't have been an issue if they'd rectified their mistake in the next couple days. But no, they waited almost a month. In the span of this month, numerous customers who'd used the code called SF to check upon the status of their order. They were all told that everything looked like it was on track.

That's the main issue at root here. If you need more context, check out the ARF thread on the BF discount. 19 pages of dissatisfaction and general abhorrence. I don't mean to rant, and I'm completely cognizant that there's always two sides of the story. Just trying to elucidate from the customers' perspective.

It is quite possible that SureFire caught the error a few days later (3 days), and put all orders on backorder, however took several weeks to obtain full picture on the orders - I can think of at least three buckets, those who ordered at the BF price, those who ordered at the BF - coupon price, and those who ordered at the BF - coupon + free SideKicks price. Software, especially complex ordering supply-chain, may develop several glitches, no matter how carefully implemented -- holds true for all forms of software, with a few notable mission-critical exceptions. Trying to sort out which orders are to be honored can easily take a month - three and half weeks to modify the software and a couple of days to actually sort out the orders. Most folks miss out on this part -- supply-chain software isn't magic. To give you an idea, my two orders placed a day apart (11/27 and 11/28) have roughly five thousand orders in between them. SureFire could well have decided to be tight-lipped during this time, who knows, and may have given everyone a perception that things were hunky-dory.

I believe the biggest issue at play is "instant gratification" and "entitlement mentality" that most folk are high on these days. As for the thread on ARF, I perceive most comments to be childish tantrums than coherent arguments, amusing at best, downright idiotic at worst.

As for me, both my orders were cancelled since they used the code. I am fine with it, it is just a flashlight, and am still happy at the new discounted price these are being sold for, so my new orders are in.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered, 2, did not really expect any to come in. 38 each is not that great a price, you can pick up used-like-new or even new ones on your favorite auction every day.

G2x Pro has identical specs and sells for even less.

Personally, I love nitrolon bodies despite my initial skepticism. They are feather-weight.

Oh, check out their comments on their facebuk page. They are.. lovely.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
...38 each is not that great a price, you can pick up used-like-new or even new ones on your favorite auction every day.

Every day? Really?

Let's not grossly over-exaggerate with our statements...

Today, on said auction site, there are 45 listings for "Surefire 6px pro." The cheapest new in box light is $47.95 as a Buy-It-Now price. They only go up from there. The only used listing is for $74.99.

Please. $38 is a great price. If it weren't, you wouldn't have tried to order two and and then try stack on a discount code. As the discount code was available prior to the Cyber Monday Sale, people weren't bumrushing the SF website to order the light at $95 with the code.

While I agree that SF could have handled this situation better, folks need to step back and reassess why they are really upset...

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I wouldn't blame too much. Yes, they've ..cked up with discount accumulation (which is NEVER effective on almost any e-shop). I was so much sure it is a bug that I even didn't try to order that $27 deal. Don't be so cruel to them. Just imagine: perhaps thousands of orders with perhaps zero interest. Are you sure that a particular software bug should be punished that hard?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every day? Really?

Today, on said auction site, there are 45 listings for "Surefire 6px pro." The cheapest new in box light is $47.95 as a Buy-It-Now price. They only go up from there. The only used listing is for $74.99.

Please. $38 is a great price. If it weren't, you wouldn't have tried to order two and and then try stack on a discount code. As the discount code was available prior to the Cyber Monday Sale, people weren't bumrushing the SF website to order the light at $95 with the code.

While I agree that SF could have handled this situation better, folks need to step back and reassess why they are really upset...

He's not over exaggerating. He simply said that you can pick them up on the auction site "everyday". And you can buy one any day. You're extrapolating and assuming that he means at the $38 price.

You're right that $38 is a good price. But let's also not forget that the MSRP is $95 and they were already selling on the auction site, as you said, for $47.95. So relatively speaking, it's not actually that good. I've seen many a 6PX Pro go for even less at auction.

Edit: Read your guys' responses to my previous post. You're correct that the AR15 forum is pretty overzealous. Check out Surefire's FB page and the comments there; there are over 200 and they articulate what I'm trying to say much more eloquently.

Last edited:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of the prices on the auction site, SF sent out an email saying that the Cyber Monday specials were sold out. In and of itself, this is an indicator that the $38 price tag for a new in box 6PX Pro was a great price. The fact that some folks thought they could get over on an already great price and save $11 more - even though there was probably a "no discount code stacking" statement somewhere on that sales page - is just indicative of someone trying to take advantage of the situation.

Like any other time or place this happens - airline tickets especially come to mind here - the purchase price was refunded and folks pretend to get all indignant that they can't game the system for a great, great price instead of the great price they are getting.

SMH...Folks talk about leaving the quality and reliability of SF over $11?

Bye Felicia.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every day? Really?

Nope, not today. Look at completed auctions. There are tons of lights sold below that price. It's nothing special. You can frequently pick up 6Px pro and G2x Pro between 30 and 40. Sometimes NIB, sometimes mint LNIB.

Just wait a few weeks and you will find one at that price -or below. Given that $38 Surefire isn't available either - they sent me that letter but I have no idea how to actually reorder. I have not gotten any "instructions", nor am going to call them.
Less headache dealing with Ebay. It has been weeks since the surefire sale. What's the next step?

Has anybody gotten the $38 surefire?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Email was riddled with contextual errors and looked like it was written by a first-grader. Here's an excerpt: "We will follow up soon with instructions on how to place a new order. Place a new order". Was the "place a new order" supposed to be the follow-up? I haven't gotten any emails from Surefire since then, either. I doubt I'll place another order at this point, but I'll just leave aforementioned for posterity.

Honestly, I'm not too chagrinned by the whole fiasco at this point. As has been stated before this is the third year in a row this has happened with Surefire on BF. I mean I can understand it happening once, but three times? That's predominantly the real issue here. There's literally no reason that should be possible; plenty of sites run BF deals just fine.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, ordered it here for $38++.

Hope this helps get the thread back on focus about the lights themselves.

It's the holidays, cheer up ya'll.:party:

Yeah, we should stay on track probably lol. Should we make a new thread for the 600 lumen models? I think it makes more sense to just continue here, right? After all they have the same name still.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Email was riddled with contextual errors and looked like it was written by a first-grader. Here's an excerpt: "We will follow up soon with instructions on how to place a new order. Place a new order". Was the "place a new order" supposed to be the follow-up? I haven't gotten any emails from Surefire since then, either. I doubt I'll place another order at this point, but I'll just leave aforementioned for posterity.

Honestly, I'm not too chagrinned by the whole fiasco at this point. As has been stated before this is the third year in a row this has happened with Surefire on BF. I mean I can understand it happening once, but three times? That's predominantly the real issue here. There's literally no reason that should be possible; plenty of sites run BF deals just fine.

Yep, with the poorly worded text I thought that the SF email was a phishing attempt like this one I just received:

Support team detect unauthorised person has accessed your account and now your account access has been locked for security measures, you must update your account information and reset your account password info.

If you do not update your account within 24 hours (from opening this email) it will be Temporary Locked.Thank you for your comprehension.
Apple Support Team.

Some sites absolutely do sometimes stack coupons and discounts in my experience, e.g. Sierra Trading Post and Zenni Optical.

I ordered a couple of lights as stocking stuffers before going overseas for Christmas, it sure would have been nice to know sooner that I wouldn't get them in time. Or that they were actually in stock and could be purchased for a few dollars more (sounds like that 1965 spaghetti Western movie title :) ). I haven't received any guidance on how to re-order the lights at the Black Friday prices.

I agree, not a huge deal and oy, these things happen (every year with SF BF it seems :shakehead).

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Said I was done till the light comes but this is an update... I got this unless mistaken 3 am today. I placed my reorder on the 15th just a day or so after discovering the first backorder was not honestly a backorder.

1. It doesn't take weeks and weeks and weeks to cancel an order. In this age of computers they can run a report in 5 minutes and even a child could make a decision within a day or so. There is no reasonable excuse.

2. It's not the greatest deal in the world. The total cost to me is 47 dollars. I can get the exact flashlight on the bay for 47 dollars shipped. I would have gotten it in a few days. I am just being stubborn at this point. LOL!

3. It shouldn't take them 5 days to back order me again. I mean it is December 20th. Have they any concept of why many people buy stuff this time of the year?

4. Lots of people buy black Friday deals for gifts. There is no reason why an order for a production light should not be in the consumers hands within a month. It's down right bad biz. Period and I don't care what silly rational can be concocted to justify it.

5. This is the 3rd year in a row.

6. They promised to contact their customers with reorder info. I am not stupid, well not overly anyways. I read what they emailed me. They know enough to contact me multiple times to delay and cancel my order yet they can't show me any consideration by keeping that promise? As a CPF member I found out what to do but what about everyone else? There is no excuse for this. Period.

Conclusion.

The consumer is not to blame. This is on Surefire. Looking at the time line of events the very best case conclusion I can come up with is wild incompetency. The worst case speculation is...use your own imagination. :laughing:

The items listed below are currently unavailable and have been backordered in accordance with the Backorder Preferences you selected.
These items will be shipped as soon as they are available.
For any given order you will only be charged for a single shipment regardless of whether your entire order is backordered or includes backordered items.
Please save this email for reference.
Best regards,
The SureFire Team
THESE ITEMS WERE BACKORDERED:
QuantityItem
1(6PX-D-BK) 6PX™​ Pro

Last edited:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The very best part about this thread are the folks talking about the $38 6PX Pro not being a good deal and how they could/can get the light from the bay for the same price (or even cheaper) ... but those same folks didn't order the light from the bay, rather, they jumped on the price directly from SF - and then tried to use a coupon on top of that to try get an even better price than what was advertised...

...even though that price can "sometimes, some days" be had on the auction sight as well.

The "logic" that folks use to justify their ways is sometimes laughable and sometimes just shake-my-head crazy.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I read about the BF017 thing and call it BigFoul-up 017.

As a proprieter of an e-store I understand how a coupon and a discount can slip through unintended-like. But stopping it from happening isn't hard. I suppose it was something SureFire wasn't expecting so they hadn't turned off certain things.

Malice? Eh, I doubt it. I think it was somebody asleep at the wheel (what sounds like again). Another thing they could do is this:
$38*
* = while supplies last.
Or
$38*^
* = while supplies last
^ = no other discounts applicable.

Now back to topic:
Anybody have a comparision of the 200 lumen (B model) versus the 320 lumen (D model) G2x Pro in terms of spot/spill etc?

I was thinking of adding a B model to the collection.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I was wondering how the new 600 lumen model might be once it comes out. If it's just a fast 600 followed by a drop resulting in 1.5 hours I would rather get (assuming it ever shows up) the 320 which I bet could hold regulation for at least an hour then give maybe 1.5 in DD but have no clue. Isn't the 200 even older. I haven't actually bought a SF brand new for maybe a decade. No... I ordered a new G2 (looked legit not the copies on the bay) the other day and some 6Ps during the discontinued flood but everyone knows what I mean.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
We all got the point. I think their IT department screwed up. Maybe it's not a reflection of who they are. Perhaps they did not mean to stack coupons but that's what happened.

My real complaint is why they don't make a G3x Pro. I would love to have a 3-cell body.

I love nitrolon. It's so much cooler than metal. Lighter, and cheaper, with cost savings ultimately passed on to the buyer.

Oh, and significantly, nitrolon does not turn into a metal icicle like metal does.

I am not even going to inquire about the 18mm cells.

My dream light is a 4x123 G2x Pro that takes 18mm cells. And made of nitrlon.

Oh wait, I already have such a light. Minus the nitrolon.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
etc, I´m also a Nitrolon fan. Hoping they will come out with Nitrolon lights with low enough output so you don´t need a metal head. Luckily I have a G3 with natural white Malkoff dropin, soo until SF can come up with something better I´m sticking with it. Of the current line of 6P/G2 lights, I find the G2X with MaxVision the most interesting, I think it is the shortest and skinniest 2 cell light in their current lineup.