The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
The DM2 will have an option of high/low with the high coming on first (clicky,) or two stage tactical tailcap like the Aviator/Lumamaxes. The DM2 is also going to have a TIR lens (which I am excited about!) The levels are the same as the Fury, though (500/15.)

was the DM2 in the 2012 catalog thing? I don't recall seeing it in there :(

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, its on page 37 and has not been released yet. The recently released P2ZX and P2XD are NOT in the catalog however.

If Surefire's catalogs have been any indication of product line up. You're looking at 3-48 months release after it hits the catalog. A lot of products never make it out of print.

Westminster

Newly Enlightened
Comparing the Fury Tactical to a LX2: The Fury has much wider flood. The Fury's hot spot is a little brighter, but not an order of magnitude brighter (which surprises me).

Comparing the Fury Tactical to a M3LT (400 lumens): The Fury definitely has more splash, but the M3LT's center spot is definitely brighter.

Comparing the Fury Tactical to a M3LT-S (800 lumens): The Fury definitely has more splash, but the M3LT's center spot is definitely brighter.

I was disappointed that no clip or ring came with the Fury, but the price is fabulous.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comparing the Fury Tactical to a LX2: The Fury has much wider flood. The Fury's hot spot is a little brighter, but not an order of magnitude brighter (which surprises me).

Perceived brightness operates logarithmically it takes 4 times more light to be perceived as twice as bright.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes, its on page 37 and has not been released yet. The recently released P2ZX and P2XD are NOT in the catalog however.
I suggest not being surprised if SureFire's released CombatLight and Defender Fury variants mean they never release their concept ZM2 and DM2 models.

Retinator

Enlightened
I suggest not being surprised if SureFire's released CombatLight and Defender Fury variants mean they never release their concept ZM2 and DM2 models.

I was thinking the same thing. Everything's going Fury now. Could the 6PX's get taken over someday? Other than price points, people are leaning towards more lumens.

I still love my E1L, they all have their place I suppose.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I had bought my Fury first, I likely would not have bought my 6PX Pro. Especially since I got the Fury on sale for just a few dollars more than the 6PX.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've steered clear of the 9P because the bezel didn't look balanced with the body, but I think the Fury would benefit from a 3 cell body, while the 6PX is handy as is. That said, lumens sell. I'm sure the new Fury models will be the demise of the 6PX and G2X.

Littlelantern

Newly Enlightened
Surefire just released the P2zx fury combat light and the defender version,I saw it on the surefire website a few day ago,any possiblelity of enjoying the length of 9p and the advantage of the rechargeable by using Surefire rechargeable conversion kit kr2 bk .

Littlelantern

Newly Enlightened
Surefire just released the P2zx fury combat light and the defender version,I saw it on the surefire website a few day ago,any possiblelity of enjoying the length of 9p and the advantage of the rechargeable by using Surefire rechargeable conversion kit kr2 bk .My bicycle headlight is a p2x fury flashlight.in the few more month will be power by nimh battery.

Sear123

Newly Enlightened
Going to be making my first Surefire purchase. Trying to decide between the P2X or 6PXD. Both seem to be great lights.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I wished Surefire would've not done was rivet the board and LED together! Bummer! It would've been great to've been able to "Hot Rod" one of my Fury's!

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rivets are easily removed with a careful hand and a drill or a dremel/pencil grinder with a burr.

That gives me an idea.

Single stage XM-L at 800 lumens with 1 18650.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi again friends! :wave:

After a few months interruption I feel I need some new flashlight again. Now it's 4 weeks after the longest day of the year and soon it will be dark nights again. My intention was to wait until august for next flashlight purchase, but I couldn't wait, recently pulled the trigger for a Surefire P2X Fury...:eek:
Then I see there are two clearly different informations of runtime chart for this flashlight. Any comment? You see the runtime charts between these reviews are very different for the high mode.

Regards, Patric

http://light-reviews.com/Flashlight-detail/surefire-p2x-fury-dual-output-led-review/

http://www.led-resource.com/2012/03/surefire-p2x-fury-review/

Last edited:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
We only conduct runtime tests for high mode, and we did it with both primiaries and lithium-phosphate rechargeables.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
We only conduct runtime tests for high mode, and we did it with both primiaries and lithium-phosphate rechargeables.

Ok, I see Robin. But I wonder how it comes that light reviews states so different chart than your. Actually I first read light reviews review which showed a very stable output and after I ordered the light I read your review which showed a not nearly as stable output...

While Light reviews shows a practically full output until around 50 minutes your review shows that the output has dropped to around 400lm after the same time and ~350lm before the true decline. The curves are not even close to similar for the first 1 hour.

Last edited:

Raymond33

Newly Enlightened
Help Wanted: what improvement over the upgraded 6p?

Pleae don't get me wrong, I really do love Surefire products, and have (or have given to family) over a dozen lights. My original inclination was to jump all over this new light.

But, After reading this thread from the begining, I do have a question for anyone: What if any advantage does the Fury have over the upgraded 6p? By upgraded I mean the 6p has ULC lens, stainles bezel protector, is ElectronGuru bored for 18650, Nailbender three mode XML, and McClicky installed.

If (when) new technology comes out, I can just change my light. Of course, there is the "cool" factor, and warranty, but what substantial improvements if any?

Thanks for any input.

Ray

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Re: Help Wanted: what improvement over the upgraded 6p?

Pleae don't get me wrong, I really do love Surefire products, and have (or have given to family) over a dozen lights. My original inclination was to jump all over this new light.

But, After reading this thread from the begining, I do have a question for anyone: What if any advantage does the Fury have over the upgraded 6p? By upgraded I mean the 6p has ULC lens, stainles bezel protector, is ElectronGuru bored for 18650, Nailbender three mode XML, and McClicky installed.

If (when) new technology comes out, I can just change my light. Of course, there is the "cool" factor, and warranty, but what substantial improvements if any?

Thanks for any input.

Ray

Surefire's main business is with military and law enforcement people. Not all of them want to have to tinker with their flashlight or deal with rechargeables. A lot of them probably view flashlights as a tool. Having a great light that works right out of the package is probably advantageous, especially if they end up selling them in quantity to a single organization, and the cost per unit new is probably cheaper for the Fury than it is for what you describe, and having just low and high modes is very simple to operate.