Things I've learned the hard way . . .(Part 2)

BTW, I worked from the top of this ladder last week -
71390043097__65734C99-6F5A-4B07-A9C6-1251CC4FB821.jpeg

Resized_20230816_113725_6667.jpeg

Mounting an elevated plank ain't the same sport, and it ain't in the same league. :yellowlaugh:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If the guy is carrying a roofer hatchet, as many do, he falls on it, and ends up in a wheelchair for rest if his life. Whether his fault or not, better have some large liability coverage
Notice the 6' step ladder position.

I had to take over a project one year because the head guy fell off a ladder. So, the homeowner was putting an underdrain pipe around the foundation. They had finished backilling the trench at some spot. There was 1 foot high mound of dirt about 2 feet away from the house. Dude is on a ladder about 10 feet up pulling down the Christmas lights when his grandson goes whizzing past on a 4 wheel motorcycle and clips the ladder.

Suddenly dude is 10 feet up without a ladder. He falls to the ground, his leg gives way causing him to be hurled onto the dirt pile across his ribs. So not only did he have a broken leg but 3 broken ribs.

If you've ever injured the rib cage you know it hurts to wiggle your toes. But this poor guy had to use crutches too. Holy cow. So that one guy with that step ladder under him is insane..... even if he weren't already perilously perched with one foot in the grave and the other on a bananna peel.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Well I thought I'd learned my lesson about alkaleaks by now but I just discovered another gadget damaged by a couple of badly leaking Duracell AAs. I have a Zoom H2 Handy Recorder that I stored with the batteries in it. I barely had a chance to use the thing and now the battery terminals are destroyed. While it might be salvageable, I might just have to use it on it's AC power supply only, which ruins the whole portability feature.
:mad:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
No matter how much you bench press/deadlift/power clean etc….. sometimes that jelly jar lid just ain't coming off by normal means.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
A long, long time ago, I was at a neighborhood bowling alley when I started to feel hungry. I walked over to the food counter, sat down on one of the stools and ordered a burger (this was before I went vegetarian). I liked my burgers salty, so when it arrived I picked up a nearby shaker, lifted the bun and loaded the burger up. While I was doing this I noticed that the man sitting next to me was watching me do this. I wondered why this activity was so interesting to him, but I went about my business, put the bun back in place and prepared to start eating.

That's when he said "that was sugar."

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A long, long time ago, I was at a neighborhood bowling alley when I started to feel hungry. I walked over to the food counter, sat down on one of the stools and ordered a burger (this was before I went vegetarian). I liked my burgers salty, so when it arrived I picked up a nearby shaker, lifted the bun and loaded the burger up. While I was doing this I noticed that the man sitting next to me was watching me do this. I wondered why this activity was so interesting to him, but I went about my business, put the bun back in place and prepared to start eating.

That's when he said "that was sugar."
Doh!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Some people salt their food before tasting it.
My dad used to do that. Well I guess knowing that my mom used little to no salt.

For a couple of years I worked in a restaurant for a few hours during the Friday night rush. I recall one time that the short order cook brought a meal back to the chef with a complaint that the food was too salty. He told the chef that he saw the patron salting the food.
The chef rightfully had a fit.

It was the first time I was at a "diner" style counter and I honestly wasn't familiar with the condiment dispensers. I was young and dumb. Now I'm older. :crazy:
So, how'd it taste? There's a gourmet burger place in town that serves a cheeseburger (THE KING) with PB & J. I was told it's delicious, but haven't strayed from my usual (THE 12) to try it.
Image 11-4-23 at 11.59 AM.jpg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
So, how'd it taste? There's a gourmet burger place in town that serves a cheeseburger (THE KING) with PB & J. I was told it's delicious, but haven't strayed from my usual (THE 12) to try it.
View attachment 51793
I don't recall exactly how it tasted but I seem to remember that it was odd.

There's a steakburger joint in my town that butters the bun before toasting it. I'm guessing this adds a similar type of pizazz as peanut butter.