Things that need to be invented

Tim33

Newly Enlightened
A high temperature spray-on alum powder for people who live in rural areas with mice chewing on their automobile wiring. One taste of that stuff and they'll change their mind! :)
good idea. I'm currently having rat issues myself. So Dang frustrating!

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manufacturers of electrical devices should "invent" the idea of having mains leads that are a sensible length ... What use is a powerful mains electric drill or an electric chainsaw with a one or two metre long mains lead ... It means that the extension lead is hanging from this short lead ... OK if you are at ground level , but useless if you are up even a low pair of steps ... You can't change the lead for a longer one as it invalidates the warranty.

Silly isn't it ?

moeman

Enlightened
I can think of a number of things that the world needs that don't seem to exist yet. How about you?

Right off the bat -

A flash drive that allows the user to snap apart the USB controller from the memory. Thus if the controller blows out, you can resurrect the data by plugging in another one. I've lost two flash drives to controller failures so far.

A shoe sole that can maintain traction on ice and on hard floors. Right now it seems to be one or the other.

Teva has a shoe that kinda fits the bill:
http://www.teva.com/productdetails.aspx?g=m&productID=4306&model=Forge Pro Winter Mid WP

onalandline

Newly Enlightened
Didn't the head of the patent office back in the late 1800's say something to the effect, "Everything that can be invented, has been invented."?

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I'd actually pay $1,000+ for something effective and non-poisonous that would give me good protection me from mozzies (I only get really itchy lumps from their bites, but in some locations they spread quite nasty diseases).

Hear hear!

The market for a truely effective non-chemical mosquito killer (just like the laser zapper :D) is huge! At $1000 I'd buy 4 or 5 units for my house and position them at my windows to allow natural air circulation while keeping the pests out. Right now, I'm hesitant to keep the windows open in the day, making the house stuffy and only really open them at night which is when the more harmful daytime Aedes mosquito goes to sleep and the less harmful night-time mosquitoes start hunting. The Aedes is the one which spreads the potentially fatal Dengue fever.

Mosquito screens which are fine enough to keep the mosquitoes out restrict airflow quite badly, trap tonnes of dust and screw up the exterior facade of my apartment. Think about it -Which looks more cool? A house with typical green or beige mosquito screens covering all the windows or a house which has the windows open, curtains gently swaying in the breeze and has independently controlled laser turrets facing outwards? :devil: Might even stop burglars!

gollum

Enlightened
A foil coffee package that can be opened with a tiny ripcord similar to band-aid packages.

do you mean this sort of thing for single use
I take a couple of these in my shirt pocket for a cuppa at work
[h=2]Robert Timms Italian Espresso Ground Coffee Bags 28pk[/h]

87james

Newly Enlightened
Good idea!
that'll be quicker , more convenient and efficient than organ culture and of course will be different from the artificial organ.