Thoughts and prayers to our CA friends

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Here's a pic from the Santiago fire..I have 3 more but they're REALLY big, so I'll save the space...don't feel like downsizing them just yet...rough day at work.....but I think I picked the best one anyway....

CIMG0898.jpg

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told today that some coworkers lost their homes. It sounds like my agency is going to provide some assistance.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things seem to be cooling off now. I read there are still some fires burning in San Diego county which will take until the end of October to finish putting out.

On a related note, something appeared on the Mythbuster's forum about a person in the San Diego area wrapping his home with what appears to be aluminum foil :confused:

Like that is going to help ? :tinfoil:

(Link to thread) V
http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7501919888/m/6041943439

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked my sister if I could post her pics, and she suggested I use the ones in her Facebook album, so here they are.

Right in front of their (my sister and her roommate's) parking garage:

Nearby:

Their general apartment complex area:

The circled apartment is my sister's:

There were a couple tiny holes (from embers) in their patio furniture cushions (one of which mysteriously disappeared), but that's the full extent of the damage to their property. My sister was very lucky.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's about as close as you can get.

I just read a story of two people who spent the night in their swimming pool as their house burned around them--throwing debris into the pool. Their neighbors had an open invite to join them in the pool, but were found dead in their garage. Apparently, they had no official warning.

Like I suspected, in these kinds of things, people have to look out for their own lives--as I spent the night in my loaded car watching the fire burning near Bonita. Any government assistance is to be considered a bonus.