• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium Makai

McGizmo

Flashaholic
So cool!! Does this work with both 123 packs and AA packs?

A Makai 660mA with the 3S converter will work on either the single 1x123 pak or the 2xAA pak. From other members I also take it you would be fine if you used the 2x123 pak but not with 2 cells but a single cell.

:wave: London Lad

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Don!

I must repeat myself and say once again that these heads are beautiful! Almost too beautiful to use. Almost :D. They are the most beautiful Ti heads I've ever seen, IMHO.

Out of curiosity, what is the voltage range for these new 3s buck converters?

Cheers!
Joel

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, with an assistant like that, why oh why are you wasting your time posting here????
:poke:

Hopefully I will have time to call and meet up at the end of the month:wave:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Don!

I must repeat myself and say once again that these heads are beautiful! Almost too beautiful to use. Almost :D. They are the most beautiful Ti heads I've ever seen, IMHO.

Out of curiosity, what is the voltage range for these new 3s buck converters?

Cheers!
Joel

Thanks Joel. I don't know the final specs on the 3S Buck converter but I believe the Vin max will be around 10V. When the time comes I will provide all I can about them.

vx000

Enlightened
Am guessing there isn't really a queue here, but, to express interest just for the sake of expessing interest - wow, these are cool! I am definitely in!

DSC_0619.jpg

I am now convinced of the benefits of clips. :twothumbs

dradee1

Newly Enlightened
The Makai looks awsome, your lady friend looks awsome and that is way cool to hang on the beach with sea turtles.

Are the Turtles all over the beaches there? I find that very interesting that they are not freaked by people.

When is the 3S Buck converter and 2x123 body comin out?

Barbarian

Enlightened
Don,

You should be hired by any advertisement firm in the world, Your photo skills are second to none. That young woman shows off your flashlight like no other.

I look forward to the sales thread.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Until this year, I had only seen one turtle on the beach and she ended up there exhausted from a males long embrace in rough surf. I suspect the turtles evolved with beach basking as part of their routine but enter man and his appetite for turtles and they have had to refrain from hauling out to the benefit of sun and warmth. Now on a few beaches they are starting to come out. In the water some are obvious non-pulsed around people whereas others dart away immediately. I would imagine same goes on shore but they are completely vulnerable and likely not comfortable around people in most cases. The ban on hunting them here went into effect in the mid '70's I believe so now there are some reaching adulthood that never witnessed people hunting and killing them. Most have likely had good and bad encounters with swimmers. :shrug:

No ETA on the Buck 3S I hope to get some pre-production samples this month but it's vapor at this point.

dcaprilia

Enlightened
Hi Don,

I'm looking forward to the Makai. Please count me in :)

Awesome pictures :) Are those rays a common sight there? It seems like such a snorkeling paradise.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Don,

.... Are those rays a common sight there? It seems like such a snorkeling paradise.

Spotted eagle rays are not real common but towards the end of summer they become more common place in the shallows during mating season. T
These were little ones; a size I have never seen before.

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
run4jc,

Thanks!

I received a small number of the Makai heads last week. I anticipate a good portion of the order to arrive within the next week or so. As soon as I have a reasonable number of them, I will start building up some 3V, 660 mA versions and open up the offering for them. I would hope that by mid July that those of you wanting one of these will be in the process of getting one.

Put me down, I am so in for one of these. :D