Very difficult NOT to love AAA's these days.

Dreamer

Newly Enlightened
I got one a few weeks ago, but mine actually has memory! I leave it in low mode, and when I turn it on again, it's still in low mode. It will cycle to high, then medium, then back to low. Am I the only one who got one with memory?

Mine has memory too, quite surprising though cause from what I read before this, this light always start on Mid mode.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one a few weeks ago, but mine actually has memory! I leave it in low mode, and when I turn it on again, it's still in low mode. It will cycle to high, then medium, then back to low. Am I the only one who got one with memory?

I just don't like the MLH mode sequence. I want to go to high from medium.

longuylander

Newly Enlightened
I just don't like the MLH mode sequence. I want to go to high from medium.

I agree; I much prefer L-M-H like the Fenix E05 (which has no memory, so it always starts in low). At least with memory, I can start my EDC01 in low, even if it goes to before medium.

LG&M

Enlightened
I still haven't found anything to beat the e05 overall. Wouldn't mind a updated version maybe with a nichia 219B

PartyPete

Enlightened
Alright, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new AAA light....for my wife!

Never noticed before but there is a purple Lumintop Tool AAA and I bet she'll love it.

Seems like the general consensus is this is decent light?

Looks like there's a front flow ring, rear glow switch, removable magnetic base and a diffuser...so that looks good.

!mprovise

Newly Enlightened
Absolutely like and use the AAA battery format. Started with a Arc AAA , then on to Fenix L0D , and this year moved to a PKDL PL2. Big fan of the high mode reach and low mode runtimes. It's survived more trips through the washer and dryer, and falls to concrete, than I care to admit.

Last edited by a moderator:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up the more recent Tool AAA with the pebbled tir lens and I really like it. Didn't realize it had memory but am very happy that it does. I'm not the biggest fan of med, low, high although I've dealt with it on other lights that I like for other reasons. The clicky feels different than the older models as well. I like this newer one better since it's not as loud as I remember the old model being and has a better tactile feel to it. It would be outstanding with a warmer hi cri led in it like Jon Slider showed earlier in this thread. I feel a little personal AAA renaisaance coming on.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up the more recent Tool AAA with the pebbled tir lens and I really like it.

Congrats
I find the Tir very useful. Makes it much easier to take photos...

pm me if you need a link to a Cu or Brass Tool w Nichia and eSwitch ;-)
they are LMH btw

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Congrats

they are LMH btw
Going from a fenix LD01SS to the lumintop tool AAA the TIR reduces output at a distance but the 120 lumen output helps it out vs the 65+ lumen output of the fenix on high. What I find odd is that they give you a diffuser and you don't need it as much with a TIR than a reflectored light.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
I didn't go back to far to check if anyone was having trouble with the Maratac rev 6 copper aaa. I just got mine in the mail and at first thought there was something wrong with it as the brightness modes seemed to be all over the place. I even emailed Countycomm about it. After seeing some of the posts about memory I think that is what I am seeing in mine making it seem like the brightness modes are messed up.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Yep,it does have memory at least for a while. Comes back on at the level it is turned off at but resets to M L H after sitting a while.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going from a fenix LD01SS to the lumintop tool AAA the TIR reduces output at a distance but the 120 lumen output helps it out vs the 65+ lumen output of the fenix on high. What I find odd is that they give you a diffuser and you don't need it as much with a TIR than a reflectored light.

The diffuser that comes with it is a 3D diffuser, which had different uses than a flat, 2D diffuser. Reflectors or optics have no effect on the need on a 3D diffuser as they are more for lantern type use, so really, it's modd they include it with lights that can't tall stand.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats

they are LMH btw

That place has a 20 dollar of coupon for new members, I just ordered a copper for 10.50! It'll be my first copper light.

longuylander

Newly Enlightened
That place has a 20 dollar of coupon for new members, I just ordered a copper for 10.50! It'll be my first copper light.

I just did the same! I wish the copper one could have a split ring attached to it. I've been carrying a Sofirn C01S on my keys but would consider swapping this in if I could.

Sos24

Enlightened
AAA lights are really nice. My current favorites are Fenix E05 and Lumitop EDC01.

The Prometheus Beta is tempting me lately and may be my next AAA light purchase.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Prometheus Beta is tempting me lately and may be my next AAA light purchase.

A Copper Beta was my first High CRI light. They are made by Lumintop, as is your EDC01 (but it is not offered in High CRI). The Lumintop Worm is also the same body style, and came in High CRI, but those are NLA

The Beta does have a unique quick release tail feature, though I found I did not like to have an AAA light on my keys.. ymmv

Lumintop also makes the Maratac, and the Tool, both of which are also available in High CRI (Nichia 219c)

Another light that uses Lumintop electronics is the Frelux Synergy.

These Lumintop based lights are all basic 3 mode AAA lights with similar lumen levels. The Frelux is a 2x aaa, as is the Lumintop IYP 365 (which is also available in Titanium).

There are some variation, some are LMH, some are MLH.. some have electronic switches that are silent, some have mechanical switches that are loud, and some are just twisties... choices are good :)

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you, Jon_Slider, for that information.

I really LOVE Lumintop !

Tell me --
Do they also make the Reylight Pineapple (1xAA) lights ?

elzilcho

Enlightened
A Copper Beta was my first High CRI light. They are made by Lumintop, as is your EDC01 (but it is not offered in High CRI). The Lumintop Worm is also the same body style, and came in High CRI, but those are NLA

That information is out of date and no longer correct. Jason has unequivocally stated that Lumintop made the original Betas but he stopped using them some time ago. The Betas available for purchase today are NOT made by Lumintop. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...eon-P1-MKIII&p=5269655&viewfull=1#post5269655