• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 Nichia NVSL219AT-H1 4500K, 92 CRI, B10 Bin P60/D26 PRE-ORDER SALE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrk

Newly Enlightened
Paypal incoming for:

Driver 1
Mode Options:
3.5-4.5V Max
No Memory
7) Moonlight, Medium, High

Last edited:

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Vinh,

Paypal sent (Unique Transaction ID # ************2402S) for Driver 1, no memory, #7. If you are running low on emitters and need one for my drop-in, let me know. I ordered 30 bare emitters from Arek. ;)

BarryH

Enlightened
Hi Vinh, Paypal sent for:

Driver 1 - 3.5-4.5V
A: Last mode memory

Thanks,
Barry

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Wayne,
Sounds great.

Nichia NVSL219AT-H1 4500K, 92 CRI, B10 Bin P60/D26 PRE-ORDER
Driver 2:
Mode Options: 3-6V Max
- Low-Medium-High with memory

For use in an L2P with 2xCR123.

PP just sent.
Thanks!

Regards,
Tom

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
Is it possible to lower the medium mode of driver 1? Personally I like the moonlight but prefer a lower medium (maybe 15-20%) to go with the really low low.

Cheers,
Nova

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
It is possible but I don't have the computer equipment and skills to do it...Driver two do have great mode spacing though.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nichia NVSL219AT-H1 4500K, 92 CRI, B10 Bin P60/D26 PRE-ORDER

Driver 2:
Mode Options: 3-6V Max
- Low-Medium-High with memory

PP sent

Last edited:

ToyTank

Enlightened
Any left? :drool: I'd like option 1-A-7

Driver 1
Mode Options: 3.5-4.5V Max

High-driven as hard as it can and not ruin tint. Not sure what it can handle maybe 1.5A or higher?

PP at the ready if you could verify all 16 are not sold

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in...

Driver 1
Mode Options:
3.5-4.5V Max

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened
Hey Wayne, do you have any idea what type of beam these LED's have? I'm definately interested but I know nothing about them. I have 2 of your XML's which I absolutely love. And I recently dropped a couple hundred on a quad because I've wanted to try one for awhile now? I was very curious why they are so much more expensive and I gotta say, I'm much happier with my Vin54 XML's.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Wayne, do you have any idea what type of beam these LED's have? I'm definately interested but I know nothing about them. I have 2 of your XML's which I absolutely love. And I recently dropped a couple hundred on a quad because I've wanted to try one for awhile now? I was very curious why they are so much more expensive and I gotta say, I'm much happier with my Vin54 XML's.

I don't have a clue what these Nichia will be like...I didn't even know there was so much interest in this LED...I guess we will see. I am glad you enjoy my XML :)

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a clue what these Nichia will be like...I didn't even know there was so much interest in this LED...I guess we will see. I am glad you enjoy my XML :)

After we have got more power than we need, we're going cosmetic I guess!

I'm a high CRI fan, but perhaps not in the exact way that CRI means it. I love slightly warm tints which render colors more exactly. Most high CRI today are quite warm, too warm for my gusto. Those lights are nice too play with, but the warmth can make you sick after a while. The Nichia 219 is not that warm and it is brighter than the warm ones of course. Perhaps it offers THE tint?

If someone without many flashlight experiences loves the XML dropins for their beam, he must know that this will be about 1/4th of the brightness of the XML and that the hotspot will be tighter. A Quad (or Triple) is another philosophy. They use an optic instead of a reflector and the beams of 4 LEDs are matched together. To cut it short, the result is more or less huge spot and not much else, we can also call it flood if you want. A reflector will always concentrate the brightness of the emitter in the center and the beam gets dimmer moving towards to the edge (also to cut it short).

The reason to buy the Nichia 219 is the tint and the high CRI. I can also imagine those emitters in a Quad... :devil:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
jjohnson34 said:

From what I have read here on CPF, it will have a similar beam to a xpg with a slightly larger hotspot due to the LED sitting deeper in the reflector. This is because the entire package is a little shorter than the xpg.

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
The reason for such interest in this emitter is due to the higher than normal CCT (4500K), coupled with a high CRI (93 + I believe). If any of you have ever seen the light from a McGizmo high CRI Haiku, this emitter is extremely similar. Those that Don (McGizmo) uses are the earlier 119 variant of this emitter, and I believe his might be just a tad higher CCT (4500-5000 average, I could be wrong). But for those that like to render colors very accurately, yet not have the orange/brown/extremely warm tint that's typically associated other high CRI emitters, this emitter will be amazing. Even though I've had a high CRI Haiku in the past, and even have one of these new Nichias in all of my JHankos and HDS Rotary now, it still amazes me to see such a high temperature light make reds, oranges, browns/earth tones pop so well, yet still make white look "white", and not some murky shade of brown/orange. Plus, it has one of the most uniform tints from spot to spill of any emitter I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.