• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 Nichia NVSL219AT-H1 4500K, 92 CRI, B10 Bin P60/D26 PRE-ORDER SALE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The reason for such interest in this emitter is due to the higher than normal CCT (4500K), coupled with a high CRI (93 + I believe). If any of you have ever seen the light from a McGizmo high CRI Haiku, this emitter is extremely similar. Those that Don (McGizmo) uses are the earlier 119 variant of this emitter, and I believe his might be just a tad higher CCT (4500-5000 average, I could be wrong). But for those that like to render colors very accurately, yet not have the orange/brown/extremely warm tint that's typically associated other high CRI emitters, this emitter will be amazing. Even though I've had a high CRI Haiku in the past, and even have one of these new Nichias in all of my JHankos and HDS Rotary now, it still amazes me to see such a high temperature light make reds, oranges, browns/earth tones pop so well, yet still make white look "white", and not some murky shade of brown/orange. Plus, it has one of the most uniform tints from spot to spill of any emitter I've ever seen.

Sounds very impressive. Once they make leds like this that can also throw and compete with XMLs for output, well then our quest will be nearly over ...... until the next time!

scout24

Flashaholic
I'll take Driver #1, A (last mode memory) and #7 (moonlight,med.,high.) PP coming this evening. These sound great! Thanks for doing them.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in!!

Driver 1
A - last mode memory
7) Moonlight, Medium, High

EDIT - Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 41619656V5567152D)
Thanks!

Dan

Last edited:

grayhighh

Enlightened
Hello Wayne,

I like to change my purchase to

Driver 1
Mode Options: 3.5-4.5V Max
A: Last mode memory
Please let me know if possible.

Thanks,
Cary

:paypal:

Driver 2:
Mode Options: 3-6V Max
- Low-Medium-High with memory

Thanks...

ykb

Newly Enlightened
May I take one, please? I'm just deciding which options to go for :)

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
As many as you want :)

yes, please. :D

Vinh!

fsljl

the last one is a nichia :)

I'm fairly sure my guesswork is right with the emission angle.

6gW7j

Craig

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vin,
By spec these are able to take 1500ma current. I'm really curious to see how the tint changes as the current is raised.
Could you put some beamshots together as you're getting these built?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vin,
By spec these are able to take 1500ma current. I'm really curious to see how the tint changes as the current is raised.
Could you put some beamshots together as you're getting these built?

No doubt! :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
For this Nichia drop in sale thread I automatically will include a 4" by 4" sheet of diffuser film for those that might want pure flood. I imagine with a nice tint light this option might be preferable for some. I will include the sheets automatically. Even if you don't want to use it on this light you can use it on other lights. :)

ToyTank

Enlightened
Are the flashy modes on Driver 1 options 1-2 "hidden"? I suppose without memory they would be?

I see you need to cycle normal modes twice which makes it tempting anyway I find Beacon has limited realistic use but I never found use for the other flashy modes... unless I want to annoy my friends.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Are the flashy modes on Driver 1 options 1-2 "hidden"? I suppose without memory they would be?

I see you need to cycle normal modes twice which makes it tempting anyway I find Beacon has limited realistic use but I never found use for the other flashy modes... unless I want to annoy my friends.

They are definitely out of the way. sice you have to cycle through the constant brightness levels twice to get to it. Plus without mode memory you will reset to the first mode. So I do consider them as hidden. The blinkys are there when you need it but you really have to find it if you want it. I have all my lights that use this driver set up this way. You never know when you will need blinkys. Why not have them if they are not obstructing your main sequence.

ToyTank

Enlightened
Any left? :drool: I'd like option 1-A-7

Driver 1

High-driven as hard as it can and not ruin tint. Not sure what it can handle maybe 1.5A or higher?

If I can I'd like to change that to 1-A-1

Driver 1
1) Moonlight, Medium, High, Moonlight, Medium, High, 10Hz Strobe, 2HZ Blink, SOS, Beacon

Sorry I didn't ask those questions first.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.