• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen, McClicky Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen Warm, Neutral, Cool White

That's great news! Last question (for now!):eek:; are the medium and moonlight PWM controlled?

The PWM frequency (for low and medium) is very high at 15000 Hz. Our eyes can not detect this.

naked2

Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Run 5 Cree XML P60 Drop In 1000 Lumen Warm, Neutral, Cool White

More great news! I have a LumensFactory 3 mode XP-G that has PWM low enough to detect, for example, when walking across grass; I tend to never use it because of that.

Now I just need to find a 25500 cell better than generic DX unprotected! Anyone?

cnjl3

Enlightened

Tried sending you a PM and this is what I get:
vinhnguyen54 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

So email sent.

Last edited:

simplec6

Enlightened
Hey vinh,
Will you sell me a few of your HML 3 mode with memory drivers with high as DD or let me know where I can buy some? I'm going to build some 1d mags and need a 3 mode HML with memory but i want more than the normal 3 amps for my xml.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hey vinh,
Will you sell me a few of your HML 3 mode with memory drivers with high as DD or let me know where I can buy some? I'm going to build some 1d mags and need a 3 mode HML with memory but i want more than the normal 3 amps for my xml.

My buddy salvage these drivers from a bunch of UltraFire UF-980L flashlight. I don't think you can buy them...How many do you need?

jcalvert

Enlightened

Hi Vinh,

First, nice job on your first ever YouTube video demonstrating the foil wrapping which was very informative. If you were truly nervous, it really didn't show.

Second, although I think I understand that in addition to the 8 listed pre-programmed options on the Ultrafire drivers, you can also set the amperage of each individual mode, is that correct?

Third, since I know nothing about programming drivers yet and I've wondered about the possibilities of home-programming custom P60 modules per customer request, without regard to the extensive work involved or the cost, is it even possible to change the pre-programmed mode sequences listed, offer memory on only certain modes, or hide the flashing modes into a seperate grouping from the constant current modes, (but still have the flashing modes available), in the way that a stock flashlight could be programmed like an ArmyTek or HDS? For example, on your newly aquired Ultrafire 10 mode "high current/low voltage" driver, instead of keeping the pre-programmed modes in Option #1 of: ML-M-H-ML-M-H+4 Flashing modes, could those 10 modes be reprogrammed for instance to: Firefly-Moonlight-L1-L2-M1-M2-H1-H2-Turbo+2 Hz Blink?

Last question, considering and taking seriously your priority of "safety first" when using your high output modules, if you set one of your new P60, XM-L high output drivers with a high mode at 5.6A, what battery suggestions and precautions would you offer for safety.

Cheers to you and best wishes for even greater success in 2012.

-John

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

They are not Ultrafire Drivers. Ultrafire never use 7135 based chips. I think they are called something like 8X7135 V2. I don't think you can set the amperage of each individual mode. The Driver I am using only provide the modes as above. No other programing is possible. 5.6a is a possiblity of that the driver can be modded to provide. However XML function best at 3A goes beast mode at 4.2A, and anymore more current is just wasted energy and danger to the LED. 5.6A is suitable for SST-90 or SST-50. SST-50 vary so much from one another that I really hate working with them. They are also tooooo hot. AW3100 18650, IMR18650, or any 26550 can handle 5.6A fine. Even if a driver is rated at 5.6A it doesn't mean you will get 5.6A unless your battery has the juice to kick it out... For example. I made a 5.6A Driver for a SST-90 but the LED refuse to drain that much on my salvage laptop 18650 batteries. SST-90 are also very suborn LEDs. They need to be burn in good in order to drain high current consistently. I can't wait until CREE comes out with a SST-90 competitor!

Hi Vinh,

First, nice job on your first ever YouTube video demontrating the foil wrapping which was very informative. If you were truly nervous, it really didn't show.

Second, although I think I understand that in addition to the 8 listed pre-programmed options on the Ultrafire drivers, you can also set the amperage of each individual mode, is that correct?

Third, since I know nothing about programming drivers yet and I've wondered about the possibilities of home-programming custom P60 modules per customer request, without regard to the extensive work involved or the cost, is it even possible to change the pre-programmed mode sequences listed, offer memory on only certain modes, or hide the flashing modes into a seperate grouping from the constant current modes, (but still have the flashing modes available), in the way that a stock flashlight could be programmed like an ArmyTek or HDS? For example, on your newly aquired Ultrafire 10 mode "high current/low voltage" driver, instead of keeping the pre-programmed modes in Option #1 of: ML-M-H-ML-M-H+4 Flashing modes, could those 10 modes be reprogrammed for instance to: Firefly-Moonlight-L1-L2-M1-M2-H1-H2-Turbo+2 Hz Blink?

Last question, considering and taking seriously your priority of "safety first" when using your high output modules, if you set one of your new P60, XM-L high output drivers with a high mode at 5.6A, what battery suggestions and precautions would you offer for safety.

Cheers to you and best wishes for even greater success in 2012.

-John

TigerF

Newly Enlightened

Regarding:
"New Year SPECIALS!! Will take about 1-2 weeks before shipment. $35 per drop in.
XML-U2 LED Cool White Tint with any options below:

[Option #]1) 3 Mode High-Medium-Low with memory. High is Direct Drive"

I would like to order one of these, but wanted to confirm- what is the maximum voltage for this drop-in? I plan to usually use with a protected Li-ion 18650, but would also like to be able to run this with 2x CR123 (non-rechargeable) lithium batteries (6V).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

4.2V is the max voltage. Single li-ion only.

Regarding:
"New Year SPECIALS!! Will take about 1-2 weeks before shipment. $35 per drop in.
XML-U2 LED Cool White Tint with any options below:

[Option #]1) 3 Mode High-Medium-Low with memory. High is Direct Drive"

I would like to order one of these, but wanted to confirm- what is the maximum voltage for this drop-in? I plan to usually use with a protected Li-ion 18650, but would also like to be able to run this with 2x CR123 (non-rechargeable) lithium batteries (6V).

TigerF

Newly Enlightened

OK. Thanks for your reply.

Edit:
Is the configuration below available, and if so, what will be the price?

High Current and Medium Voltage: 2.8-6V
- Low-Medium-High with memory
Set the circuit driver at 3,500 mA (700 mA above 2800 mA => + $2 to price)
Orange peel reflector
XML 5000K Neutral LED
With thermal injection.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

$47. I just order thsi driver 3 days ago. It shoudl be here in about 1-1.5week. You can pay now or later. :)

OK. Thanks for your reply.

Edit:
Is the configuration below available, and if so, what will be the price?

- Low-Medium-High with memory
Set the circuit driver at 3,500 mA (700 mA above 2800 mA => + $2 to price)
Orange peel reflector
XML 5000K Neutral LED
With thermal injection.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I just order all the parts in larger quantities so the price dropped. I am passing on the saving as reflected on post 1. :)

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Any chance to measure tailcap currents on 1x LiIon (LiCo and/or IMR) vs 2xLiIon with the 3-13v unit? Thanks,

AncientSword

Newly Enlightened

Just wondering, how do these perform with say, an AW 17670? Any idea?

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened

Your question would be easier to answer if you were more specific; pick a driver and options, etc.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Any chance to measure tailcap currents on 1x LiIon (LiCo and/or IMR) vs 2xLiIon with the 3-13v unit? Thanks,

I used 2 18650 salvage laptop batteries and I measured .8A. I was expecting 1.2A. This mean runtime shoudl be very good with two 18650.

emu124

Enlightened

Hi Vin,

I received my two drop-ins. And yes... hehehe... they're pretty bright :devil:

Just one thing:
I ordered both with a 3-mode driver, but the U2 CW drop-in is a 2-mode.
Not a big deal, I can live with that :), just want to let you know.

Thanks

sohl

Newly Enlightened

I like to order:

Low-Medium-High with memory
2800mA + 350mA*4= 4,200mA => + $4 to price
Smooth reflector
thermal injection
XML 5000K Neutral LED

what would the total be with shipping to sweden?

madi05

Enlightened

It's been a while, so r these p60 drop ins for like my sf 6led host? And there are 5 XML LEDs in one drop in? What r the runtimes on 1 18650? And ca u show a pic of the business end please?

Status
Not open for further replies.