What do you guys like for pens? ...

Norm

Retired Administrator
I usually use what ever we've picked up at shows and exhibition, my wife literally has a couple of shoe boxes full of them she can't help herself :)

Norm

Burgess

Flashaholic
After reading this (and other) pen threads on CPF,
i bought the Pilot G-2 in 0.7 tip, blue ink.

It has instantly become my Favorite pen !

bnemmie

Enlightened
I use a Jotter in SS with a medium blue gel refill. I love the thing. Looks sharp and does nice smooth line. I live in a world of cheap, crappy government pens, so mine is a breath of fresh air lol

yosemite

Newly Enlightened
I carry several pens most days and I change my pens nearly daily.
Today I carried a Noodler's Konrad in my pants pocket and an Esterbrook J and a Sheaffer Snorkel in my pack.

Malkinserf

Newly Enlightened
This is my EDC pen (and one of my lights). I'm not sure what brand it is as it is a promotional pen that my company has (it has our logo etched on the other side.) It has decent heft to it (I believe it is stainless) and takes Parker refills.

Every now and then I go back to one of my several Parker Jotters, but always end up coming back to this one. I guess I just really like how it matches my SST Maratac AAA!

I've been carrying this one for around 10 yrs now. I have 2 more new ones just like it in the event I loose this one. Except the twist mechanisms are very stiff on the new ones. I guess they will break in if and when I ever use them.

pen.jpg
I am looking for the stainless hexagonal pen with knurled ends on the google search for this blog/forum. If anybody has any Ideas where I can get this pen please contact me [email protected]. I lost mine and would love to replace it...

BR101

Newly Enlightened
I use the UZI tactical pen. It writes well and can put a hurtin' on someone if need be. :D

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
I only use pens for writing, not for self-defense.

My EDC pen is an Apollo Space Pen: http://www.cyberspacepens.com/pens/Fisher-Space-Pens/Gold-Apollo-Cap-O-Matic-Pens.html You have to order the color body you want, which comes with a black refill, then order the refill you want. This guy (CyberSpacePens) is also on eBay and sometimes has better deals there.

I have also tried Sharpie Pens. They work as well as space pens, plus they write on surfaces like CDs. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sharpie+pen

gonefishing

Enlightened
I take notes every day for work and I have always liked the way fountain pens wrote, but didn't like the fact I had to take the cap off to write. Not fast enough for a quick note. Then I found the Pilot Vanishing point. Super cool clicky fountain pen. Carries tip up so no need to worry about ink bleeding on your shirt. :)

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few of my Pelikans for you

CIMG1390a.jpg

I like my Pelikans too ... I EDC my Blue striated set of four 400's ... Pen with OB nib , Pencil , Roller Ball and Ballpoint ... I also like my Toledo M700 , M450 and M650 both with Vermeil caps and OM nibs , K650 Vermeil Ballpoint ... Also got a couple of Cirago Blue P381's plus another that I can't remember the model number of ... Also got a couple of Pelikan Tri-pens

I used to collect Conway Stewarts but got rid of nearly 400 different models/colours ... I kept a Model 58 in Dartmoor , a Dandy in Azure and a Duro in Sepia Blue ... All these are modern and unused.

Got a Sheaffer Ballance 2 in Amber Glow with a stub nib ... Writes gorgeous ... Got the Ballpen to go with it too ... Also got my first good pen bought in 1957 ... Black Sheaffer Snorkel (restored a few years ago) plus the matching Ballpoint and Pencil.

There are a few others , but I just love my Pelikans best.

I have tried a few Mont Blancs , but just had to sell them in favour of the Pelikans ... Personal choice , I suppose.

ico

Enlightened
I always carry a Parker jotter.

I was also always hearing about the pilot G2 so I went to a near bookstore and bought one. It really isn't smooth and would sometimes skip. Did I just get a dud or maybe just overhyped(no offense)?

guardpost3

Enlightened
I really like the Pilot G2, I have a few I use in the office. I have been using the sharpie pens lately and I like those too, not great for writing tickets though, and I'd much rather a clicky. My only problem is that at work I carry my pens on my left sleeve, and the slots will not fit the thicker pens (G2).

ModernMan

Newly Enlightened
Great thread.
I've always used a Uni-Ball PowerTank Ballpoint. Someone loaned one of these to me on a geocaching/backpacking trip and it performed so well I've always had one since.
It writes on wet paper, upside-down, in below zero temps, and even in zero-gravity (I hope I need this someday - SpaceX here we come). It has a pressurized ink tank which makes it write easily in inconvenient conditions. I've signed moldy,wet,slimy logs with this without a hiccup. Anything to log a cache...

steveg270

Newly Enlightened
I like nice pens and I have lost more then my share of them. The last one put me over the edge. I have thus decided "no more expensive pens for me" so now I use the Zebra F310. They cost about a buck apiece if purchased in a 10 pack. They are good to write with, have a nice grip and feel like a much more expensive pen. And when I loose them I don't care.

Gribouille

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Definitively the fisher pens specially these two models :

- AG7 - Original Astronaut Space Pen (because it is the original one who went into space)
and
- 400 - Chrome Bullet Space Pen (because it's beautiful)

Regards

Gribouille

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
20130119_101539_LLS_zps5d90086d.jpg

These are my three most used.
There is a SS maxmadco pen - retractable pen - takes Parker refills
A black AL maxmadco pen - retractable pen - parker refills
and a Ti Bolt which was a kickstarter pen - made by Brian Fellhoelter- will be available from Brian AFTER all of the Kickstarter orders are filled. I'm guessing a few months out yet. Very cool and fun pen!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I've got this one: "There is a SS maxmadco pen - retractable pen - takes Parker refills".
I carry it daily.

Bill