What Do You Want The Next Quark To Be?

What Should The New Quarks Be?

• Total voters

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you started this thread CaNo!

I want to be able to lego the heck out of them without having to buy whole new lights where ever possible...don`t want to hear "Can`t cause the threads are different" :shakehead

You know what, I'm surprised that nobody thought of making this thread before truthfully! lol

That is a great concept though, a build-your-own lights kind of series. :hitit: It would save you a lot of money as the consumer while the seller makes a lot of sales on the side *hint* *hint* (David) lol What... about $20-$35 per body tube / head seems do-able for my flashaholic budget... I think that's a great idea personally... He would make a killing, and everyone would be happy! :thumbsup:

And if an XP-G comes out, let us use whatever body we want or have already purchased! Putting in consideration that if a AAA model comes out... that may have to be smaller and more compact, etc, etc.

SilentK

Enlightened
Quark 18650 that can also run cr123a. I would like to see it running a choice of cool or warm MC-E. i would like the same UI and same brightness levels, but add a 300 lumen level on the tightened mode after a 190 lumen mode but before stobe.. maybe have a timer to shut off the 300 lumen modebefore it overheats.. Also lose just a little bit of the pressure required to activate the switch. My thumb got incredibly sore the first day i got my AA^2. i would like to see the option to select what kind of reflector you want as well. if david were to make this, i would pay $150+ easy.

BTW - anyone else notice a high pitched whine on strobe and max? I am not saying anything bad, but i just noticed it. Still, AA^2 is the perfect light! :grin2:

Last edited:

Bushman5

Enlightened
A Quark 18650 with 3x XP-G behind a 20mm triple optic to keep things compact. 1035 emitter lumens for about 40 minutes on super-duper-turbo-awesome-wow-this-is-bright-mode, not bad! Ok, maybe they'll have to go the MagLED route with constant temperature regulation... :crackup:.

what he said! but with a 15 lumen low too!

andrew123

Newly Enlightened
Quark AAA! .2 lumens, 15 lumens, 80 lumens and maybe hidden strobe. Clip, clickie, XP-G, warm white. Now that's the perfect light. Can anyone top that?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AAA! .2 lumens, 15 lumens, 80 lumens and maybe hidden strobe. Clip, clickie, XP-G, warm white. Now that's the perfect light. Can anyone top that?

That`s a good one. But 80 lumen? Expand your desire a bit...design it just for 10440. We don`t need another non-lithium aaa light in that crowded world. So add thermal and low batt management...and if a XP-G would cooperate set the high up around 180+ lumen. I need to find the key hole at night :candle:

Last edited:

trapperjay

Newly Enlightened
"Deep pocket carry clip.
AAA Quark.
(clicky, clip and 10440 enabled) "

I'll second that!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That`s a good one. But 80 lumen? Expand your desire a bit...design it just for 10440. We don`t need another non-lithium aaa light in that crowded world. So add thermal and low batt management...and if a XP-G would cooperate set the high up around 180+ lumen. I need to find the key hole at night :candle:

How about 80 lumens OTF with AAA batteries, and 180+ lumens with 10440? Haha! That will be the day! If this is even possible, you can add some very good heat management and constant brightness as well... Too bad your runtime will suck with 10440... :shakehead

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 80 lumens OTF with AAA batteries, and 180+ lumens with 10440? Haha! That will be the day! If this is even possible, you can add some very good heat management and constant brightness as well... Too bad your runtime will suck with 10440... :shakehead

Well hell...the Fenix pretty much does this already.

As far as runtime I envision maybe 1~2 minute burst capability before the thermal managment drop it down. Plenty of time to...HEY...whats that? Ah...just a cat. Or to show to a friend...DAMM :eek:...can`t believe that little light!! So you say you stole it from a top secret military facility...called area 51 :thinking: Yep :rolleyes:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well hell...the Fenix pretty much does this already.

As far as runtime I envision maybe 1~2 minute burst capability before the thermal managment drop it down. Plenty of time to...HEY...whats that? Ah...just a cat. Or to show to a friend...DAMM :eek:...can`t believe that little light!! So you say you stole it from a top secret military facility...called area 51 :thinking: Yep :rolleyes:

Yes and no. The Fenix does not have knurling (I am not talking about the E01 either that only produces 9-10 lumens best, but comparing the LD01 and L0D that have more lumens). And I dont recall a Fenix in AAA size that has 80 lumens...OTF. Or a AAA for that matter that produces 180 lumens OTF... I dont think even the LD01 on 10440 cells produce close to this IMHO. OH WELL! I guess we will just have to wait and see...:whistle:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650 with an XP-G 4sevens says they listen... :poke: ... :popcorn: ... :nana:

Well you all do realise 47`s already got a couple photo`s up showing the new 18650 MC-E light. Not that an XP-G might be in the pipe.

gsxrac

Enlightened
I honestly dont even know about the availability of XP-G's right now I just know they sound like the next big step in LED technology and 4sevens has done pretty good so far. But its gonna take an XP-G or P7 or MC-E to get me to buy a quark (or any other light for that matter) since ive kinda got my fill of 200ish and lower lumen lights.

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
A Quark AAA with moonlight mode, 10440 support, same functions as the Fenix L0D, won't get too hot like the LD01 on 10440, but with a clicky... kind of a deadly combo! :devil:

+1 for that, but, let's change the order from Medium-Low-High to Low-Medium-High! Stainless or Ti wouldn't be too bad, either. :thumbsup: