What flashlight do you use most often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, usage frequency of each light changes depending what I have in my collection. As I get more lights, my usage changes. I plan to pick up another couple of lights soon, so this will likely change, but currently:

1. V2 from Dae when I'm out of the house
2. Nuwai TM-313X or Q3 when I'm in the house depending on how much light I want/need

I also use my KeyMate on my keys fairly often, but use my V2 more.

My xenon lights don't get much use, unless I really need that much light or when I feel like fooling around outside spotting things in the dark.

goldenlight

Enlightened
I have a Peak Matterhorn (single snow LED, High power (not Ultra) on a nylon string around my neck; it gets a lot of intermittant use; usually a few to maybe 30 seconds.

I EDC a HDS Ultimate, and while it gets turned on less often, it gets far more runtime, each time I turn it on.

It's a bit of a disgrace to admit it, but those 2 lights fill 95% of my needs.

Malfuntion

Newly Enlightened
Nowdays I´ll mostly use the 7w Golston luxeontype flashlight with 3,0v RCR123 since it´s runtime is rather poor.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Oh, man, that's changed a lot. I try to rotate my lights, but to be honest I used to grab my GL3 for *everything*. Once I got my U2, I started using that one instead (still use the GL3 around the house, but the U2 is my primary bike light). Now that my U2's being fixed I'm monkeying around with my L1, or my 2-stage CR2 of 'round the house stuff.

Weird. I carry my ArcAAA everywhere my keychain goes, but I seldom use it. It is however, *the one* light that I will always have on me if else fails.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Arc AAA-P on my keychain gets used the most.

mykeyring.jpg

mdocod

Flashaholic
my 4 cell ultrafire has been in my pocket (accept while charging, or while i'm sleeping), for over a month. currently driven by 2x17670 and a pathfinder P90 lamp... It's what I pull out more than anything else when I need light.

I think this is more of a "what do you EDC" thread than antyhing else- but for those of us who EDC more than 1 light, this thread narrows it down a bit.

Flakey

Enlightened
i was going to say U2 gets used most, but then i thought about it harder ... every night (just about) i go out and hike for about 45 minutes, during which my c3 with pilas and beamshaper is NEVER turned off. its nice wide angle great colored light that is rechargeable ... why should i turn it off. so technically my C3 gets the most hours of runtime, but if you count the number of times that the light is turned on and off for different uses the u2 is the winner.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I have to say, that the I use most often is not my EDC !

I EDC an ARC AAA-P on a neck cord all my waking hours, and when I'm out, I generally have a SUrefire M2, and a 6P in my jacket, but the one I use most at home is the Surefire L1 I keep by my bed, for sneaking around the house at night, to avoid waking our 2 babies.

At work, I put some serious lighting time on my 8NX, sometimes getting through 4 charged batteries on a nigh shift.

roguesw

Enlightened
McLux Pr-T more and more because its on a diet of R123s. free lumens

craig how old your your mclux en? not many people using the mclux's anymore, i gave mine away to a friend as a gift and he's been using it ever since. i sure miss my old mclux.

Last edited:

simbad

Enlightened
My G2 gets used everyday at work just to "check" problems in electrical/water installations, I carry it in a SF belt holster with two spare battery station 123's in my front pocket.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walking around daily, dark rooms, empty houses, gardens at night , basically all stuff I do whilst awake and mobile - INOVA T1. For several months, ever since buying it. No longer EDC Fenix L1P or Q3 or Led Lenser David since then.

I didn't intend it to replace the others, usually I like AA or AAA type torches but...I just don't seem to want to put it down!!!

Still on its first included battery too!!

Reading in bed, going to loo in middle of night, checking on kids etc - CMG infinity basic or Gerber infinity ultra ( with red Led ) or INOVA X1's.

Of course I still carry a lot of others, L0P,ARC AAA-P, ARC +4, Fauxton, SF G2 etc. They just don't seem to get used as much. Mostly they're only there for the times I'm asked:"Just how many torches do you have on you???"

...Ho Hum...

OwlEyez

Newly Enlightened
RAF - I agree, my most used flashlight is not my EDC.

I have a Dorcy that sits on my dresser that I use every day as hubby and I work opposite shifts. :sssh: :sleepy: Getting ready in the morning has led to many mismatched sox and other strange combinations I won't go into.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
RR 2AAA does house duties and Garritty keychain light for my pocket. (Will soon be replaced by one ok KevinL's 35K pocket lights)

I need better lights!!:ohgeez: :mecry:

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
Oh Boy, I have reached a state on enlightenment!!!:rock: :) :wow: :p :wave:

Nirvana is finally mine. Now if I could just acquire a few more ligfhts....:whistle:

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
For work I use a Stinger HP everyday. Not counting that I probably use my Inova X1 with white LEDs the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.