What to do with a SF 12ZM ?????

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: What to do with a SF 12 ZM?????

:crackup: @Kestrel - Thanks, I just noticed (my? your?) sigline change :clap:

(I usually check the forums from Tapatalk, which doesn't show siglines .... and have no idea how long that's been up)
thinking.gif

Just glad you didn't make it "Kick Me"
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you bored out the body the collector value will be nothing, except for the turbohead only and the primaries will rattle in the body.

Please do not bore out the body!

I once begged a guy not to have his vintage C2 bored out, he went ahead and did it anyways, and the body ended up bulging in one place as well. He basically got back a piece of junk, I could have cried.. :sick2:

Aftermarket bodies like Fivemega or Solarforce that fit 18mm batteries like 18650's are VERY easy to purchase, there is no reason to bore out bodies.

kingfisherII

Newly Enlightened

LOL, sorry guys to cause so much anguish. How about I delete my post and ban myself, lol. :p

I am pretty sure blood pressures were up alll over the worl Kestrel!

maybe the forum needs a no boring vintage rull!

Rick

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

Archimedes, I fully understand - that's why I boldfaced, capitalized, and underlined my qualifier BUT. :) It's the difference between having this light purely as a collectors item or as a collectible 'user'; Double the runtime (compared to 2x17670) would be attractive in that situation. If I had the choice between buying two different 12ZM 'users', I'd pay more for the professionally bored one. :shrug:

BTW, from EG's SF Mod / Boring services thread, a total of three 12Z's were bored for CPF members.

FWIW, my Z's: 6Z(bored), 9Z(unbored), 7Z(to be bored), Z3(unbored) - I use the 6Z and will definitely use the 7Z. Those plus my near-mint 3P and D3, yup, collector, guilty as charged. :eek:

Aaaargh, don't bore that 7Z, I'm still using B65-platform rechargeable lights (malkoff, P61) and I've been after one of those for years!

On the other hand, what battery system works in a bored 7Z? I recall it's too long for three 18350 and too short for two 18650.

To the original poster: Malkoff Devices just launched a series of products for Surefire turboheads. I'm sure one of those will fit.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

Post deleted.

Last edited:

jw2n

Newly Enlightened

I did not see it asked yet, which turbo head does he have 2.5 or 3?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast

Post deleted.

Last edited:

jw2n

Newly Enlightened

I thought it came with a 3" as well, although very rare.